IGNORED

Text of Senate Healthcare Bill Daft

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

Seven years ago, Democrats imposed a risky health care experiment on Americans that led to skyrocketing costs and collapsing insurance markets.  Senate Republicans are working to fix the mess Democrats made by acting to rescue the millions trapped by Obamacare.  The discussion draft will:

• Help stabilize collapsing insurance markets that have left millions of Americans with no options.
  • Free the American people from the onerous Obamacare mandates that require them to purchase insurance they don’t want or can’t afford.
  • Improve the affordability of health insurance, which keeps getting more expensive under Obamacare.
  • Preserve access to care for Americans with pre-existing conditions, and allow children to stay on their parents’ health insurance through age 26.
  • Strengthen Medicaid for those who need it most by giving states more flexibility while ensuring that those who rely on this program won’t have the rug pulled out from under them.

Read more at:

https://www.budget.senate.gov/bettercare

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

Seems we have heard all those promises before.  What makes anyone believe the Repubs will be any more successful at cutting cost than the Dems were.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Seems we have heard all those promises before.  What makes anyone believe the Repubs will be any more successful at cutting cost than the Dems were.

as bad as I hate to admit it, I do agree with you.

I looked through the thing just to see what was being changed and see it being more of modifying not repealing Obamacare.      Maybe a good step in the right direction, and maybe the federal bureaucracy make changes in the Obamacare parts that they created.

I'm really a skeptic  on this.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

58 minutes ago, other one said:

as bad as I hate to admit it, I do agree with you.

I looked through the thing just to see what was being changed and see it being more of modifying not repealing Obamacare.      Maybe a good step in the right direction, and maybe the federal bureaucracy make changes in the Obamacare parts that they created.

I'm really a skeptic  on this.

Tell me if I am wrong about this but I see two ways to "decrease" healthcare cost. 

You can make it cheaper to see a doctor, or have a procedure done, or drugs and all those things.  From what I can see this bill does not address that in any way.  But I just skimmed through it so far.

Or you can make the pool of people paying for it all larger, thus spreading the cost out to more people.  This is the idea behind insurance.  This bill does nothing to make the pool larger and in fact probably will make it smaller. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

Tell me if I am wrong about this but I see two ways to "decrease" healthcare cost. 

You can make it cheaper to see a doctor, or have a procedure done, or drugs and all those things.  From what I can see this bill does not address that in any way.  But I just skimmed through it so far.

Or you can make the pool of people paying for it all larger, thus spreading the cost out to more people.  This is the idea behind insurance.  This bill does nothing to make the pool larger and in fact probably will make it smaller. 

we could help premium costs by getting rid of all the fraud in the system (which this bill does not address)   Medicare is seriously affected by this also.

also you could stop the insane law suits when doctors make mistakes which runs up thier costs which we have to pay for in the end which would lower the insurance costs for the doctors and might let them lower their charges...  Also it would let them not do every single test in the world to avoid being sued..... (which I don't see in this bill at all).

You are right about the way insurance works and unless we get everyone on board paying premiums it isn't going to get any cheaper.     I haven't seen enough of the bill to see if it makes having insurance so positive that healthy people will buy it, but that would be almost impossible with 6 to 15 thousand dollar deductibles.

Another way is to repeal laws so hospital ER's can just put people out and let them die in the streets so people would have to pay for themselves......   that might be an incentive to buy insurance.

Guest shiloh357

It's DOA, anyway, three Senators will  put the kabosh on it.

I think part of the problem is that the people who are cobbling this thing together are not the ones who have live under it.  The Senators have their own health care.   And they are at an income level that "affordability"  means something different to them than it does to a family of four living on $30,000 a year.  

And to be honest, this is the first time the GOP has ever had to really care about the American people.   Even if we allowed Obamacare to fall, which would send us all to the single-payer system, they would still have their own health care in the Senate and House.   So they are not really effected by any of this.  

If they had to live under the bills they write/pass, things would look dramatically different.