• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

The true church isn't catholic or protestant. It doesn't have a mailing address or a zip code. It is the body of believers in Jesus Christ the world over. Christ has written their names in the book of life. Christ knows who His friends are.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,829
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

Many denominations, and many cultures and sub-denominations, and subcultures. 

A denomination, a culture, a sub-subde nomination, a coulture, and sud-subcoulture to meet all the different needs, and maturity for all the members of the body of Jesus Christ. 

It has to be that way. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, KiwiChristian said:

The true church isn't catholic or protestant. It doesn't have a mailing address or a zip code. It is the body of believers in Jesus Christ the world over. Christ has written their names in the book of life. Christ knows who His friends are.

Amen Brother. Amen. You speak with such succinct and clear words. Keep it up. 

Guest Judas Machabeus
On 6/24/2017 at 5:59 AM, Fidei Defensor said:

Indeed, Constantine helped create a paid priesthood and a neo-temple (building) in 313-333 A.D. The Roman Catholic Church came out of Eastern Orthodox Church (Constantine's Church preserved in all its gold) in year 1054 A.D. So both Eastern Orthodoxy and Roman Catholicism are offspring of Constantine. 

Where does the ``Roman`` part of Roman Catholic come from and when was it first used

On 6/24/2017 at 6:05 AM, Swords99 said:

Yes. Most, if not all, Roman Catholics, however, do not agree with this. They claim to have existed at Pentecost. The very church founded upon Peter. In fact, many of them find the inclusion of the word: "Roman" offensive.

The sign outside my Church reads St George`s Roman Catholic Church. Roman is a rite, and more accurately its the Latin Rite and its one of 22 rites that make up the Catholic Church.

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

On 2017-6-25 at 0:51 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

Actually Apostle is a gift not a position, 

Anyone can be an apostle, evangelist, teacher, prophet, and pastor, they are gifts to edify and help the Church. 

As for cherry picking, I forgive when it happened in past and I understand sometimes people want to only address a specific part of the post. :);) 

Rubbish.

An Apostle was an eye witness of Jesus Christ.

As for Prophets, Hebrews 1:1 clears that one up.

Guest Judas Machabeus
1 minute ago, Yowm said:

The Bible is it's best interpreter. e.g. 

Acts 17:11 KJV
[11] These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

John 5:39 KJV
[39] Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

http://apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=11&article=1242

did you seriously just tell me the bible is it`s own best interpitor

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 6/22/2017 at 0:59 PM, Judas Machabeus said:

Interesting read for sure! I was expecting something a bit more indepth though. But still interesting

What does that mean? All divisions and denominations want this but it boils down to interpretation. Who's interpretation is the correct one. 

There aren't multiple interpretations. Many misinterpret scripture because they either are not saved, or they inject their own beliefs into the text. The only case where there is room for more than one interpretation is when a passage is ambiguous.

6 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

did you seriously just tell me the bible is it`s own best interpitor

Let scripture interpret scripture. Its all one unfolding story.

Guest Judas Machabeus
32 minutes ago, Yowm said:

[11] These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

30 minutes ago, Yowm said:

John 5:39 KJV
[39] Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

21 minutes ago, Swords99 said:

Let scripture interpret scripture. Its all one unfolding story.

First off scripture doesn't interpret itself. Footnotes and commentaries are not inspired. Secondly here is an example from Patrick Madrid about interpitation:

A good example of this was give by Patrick Madrid in his book "Where is that in the Bible":

Let's say you found a note written by someone 100 years ago with these words:

I never said you stole money.

Anyone you asked would say they understood the meaning of that short, six word sentence. But do they? Do they really understand what meaning the writer intended 100 years ago?

The writer of that sentence might have meant "I never said you stole money", implying someone else said it.

Or perhaps he meant "I never said you stole money." He thought it, he suspected it, but he never said it.

Or maybe "I never said you stole money." He said your neighbor stole it.

Or, "I never said you stole money." He means that you lost it, or squandered it, or did something else with it that he didn't approve of, but you didn't steal it.

Or, "I never said you stole money." Maybe he said you stole his horse, or shoes, but not his money.

This shows how easy it is to derive several legitimate but very different meanings from this short, six word sentence. Think how easily the Bible can be misinterpreted. We can't just assume we have the correct understanding of Scripture. We need an authority to guide us, and the only true authority on the Bible is the Catholic Church. 

http://www.1peter3-15.org/misc/incontext.htm

This is the problem with sola scriptura, everyone becomes their own interpreter and they become their own Pope. They declare what a verse means and doesn't mean and they are right and everyone that disagrees is wrong.

23 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

First off scripture doesn't interpret itself. Footnotes and commentaries are not inspired. Secondly here is an example from Patrick Madrid about interpitation:

A good example of this was give by Patrick Madrid in his book "Where is that in the Bible":

Let's say you found a note written by someone 100 years ago with these words:

I never said you stole money.

Anyone you asked would say they understood the meaning of that short, six word sentence. But do they? Do they really understand what meaning the writer intended 100 years ago?

The writer of that sentence might have meant "I never said you stole money", implying someone else said it.

Or perhaps he meant "I never said you stole money." He thought it, he suspected it, but he never said it.

Or maybe "I never said you stole money." He said your neighbor stole it.

Or, "I never said you stole money." He means that you lost it, or squandered it, or did something else with it that he didn't approve of, but you didn't steal it.

Or, "I never said you stole money." Maybe he said you stole his horse, or shoes, but not his money.

This shows how easy it is to derive several legitimate but very different meanings from this short, six word sentence. Think how easily the Bible can be misinterpreted. We can't just assume we have the correct understanding of Scripture. We need an authority to guide us, and the only true authority on the Bible is the Catholic Church. 

http://www.1peter3-15.org/misc/incontext.htm

This is the problem with sola scriptura, everyone becomes their own interpreter and they become their own Pope. They declare what a verse means and doesn't mean and they are right and everyone that disagrees is wrong.

No we do not become our own interpreter. We must yield to the Holy Spirit. The born again Believer in Jesus Christ has the indwelling of the Holy Spirit who has many functions, one of which is illuminator of the scriptures. The NT church had Christ and the Spirit as it head. They are the only Authority along with the Holy Scriptures which testifies of them.

The pope is human. He sins like everyone else. He is not the authority of the Church Christ established. No man is nor can be.