• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

Great link to answer the question of why so many denominations in Christ's Church?

Mike Gendron is an excell

ant apologetic speaker with deep knowledge of the rcc and the cost of being a Jesus follower. 

http://www.pro-gospel.org/site/blogview2.asp?sec_id=180014816&forum_id=180003854&message_id=180037443&topic_id=180018067

That was a good link. Spot on.

I recently read a book written in the 1800's by a preacher. He said denominations are caused by the sin of disobedience. Pride causes splits/schisms. The early church had the Word and the Spirit as the head, but today it's often men who leads churches. The early Christians had no creeds, but the Holy Scriptures. Today there are books and other writings that are either considered on par with the Bible or pretty close to. The early church consisted of only reborn Believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. Today, many are unsaved pew warmers.

We need to get back to the pure Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Guest Judas Machabeus
31 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

Great link to answer the question of why so many denominations in Christ's Church?

Mike Gendron is an excell

ant apologetic speaker with deep knowledge of the rcc and the cost of being a Jesus follower. 

http://www.pro-gospel.org/site/blogview2.asp?sec_id=180014816&forum_id=180003854&message_id=180037443&topic_id=180018067

Interesting read for sure! I was expecting something a bit more indepth though. But still interesting

9 minutes ago, Swords99 said:

We need to get back to the pure Gospel of Jesus Christ.

What does that mean? All divisions and denominations want this but it boils down to interpretation. Who's interpretation is the correct one. 

4 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Interesting read for sure! I was expecting something a bit more indepth though. But still interesting

What does that mean? All divisions and denominations want this but it boils down to interpretation. Who's interpretation is the correct one. 

It means exactly what the apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 15. It's the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ who alone is the way to salvation. it means adding nothing else to it. There are churches/faith groups that have piled on all these laws, rituals, rules, etc that Christ Himself and His blood atonement is all but buried underneath.

Guest Judas Machabeus
3 minutes ago, Swords99 said:

It means exactly what the apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 15. It's the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ who alone is the way to salvation. it means adding nothing else to it. There are churches/faith groups that have piled on all these laws, rituals, rules, etc that Christ Himself and His blood atonement is all but buried underneath.

I don't know of any Christian Church that says you need anything added to the "death, burial and resurrection". Jesus and Jesus alone is our salvation. 

8 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I don't know of any Christian Church that says you need anything added to the "death, burial and resurrection". Jesus and Jesus alone is our salvation. 

Sadly, there are churches that call themselves Christian, who in actuality are relying on more than Christ's sacrificial work.

Guest Judas Machabeus
26 minutes ago, Swords99 said:

Sadly, there are churches that call themselves Christian, who in actuality are relying on more than Christ's sacrificial work.

Well it's not so cut and dry as Jesus sacrifice. His sacrifice was so that all can be saved. Not all will be saved. So in all fairness it's not just his death on the cross. You have to have faith so there's one addition right there. You have to repent, and confess your faith. There's two more. 

So I don't think it's just his sacrifice. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

JESUS is not like us, he loves pew warmers, and he loves those some call " church unsaved", and he knows that they are saved, and JESUS does not try to saved the saved, like some times we do and more often than some times, we cannot see or rather we don't want to see, we refuse to see the faith (in Jesus Christ in people), and that is to our shame, and we become trouble makers. 

JESUS knows who has his faith in his heart, and if someone wants to Judge someone's unrepentance he can go ahead and judge it, that's it his unrepentance, but not further than that. No one can judge someone's faith by his knowledge, and his fruit, and his not reading the Bible, or not praying, or been bitter with the church leaders......

Like my self right now who have judge with scripture the judging of others, with my post, while I have judge their point of view, with the truth of the Gospel, I have not judge their salvation. 

Scaring Believers with the threat of going to Hell, or not been saved from Hell, so they can become disciples, is not a Heavenly Truth. 

What do you think, to say the Devil believes and is not Saved, which it is the truth, but is it a sound reason to say the same thing for someone who is not a Devil, but from the mankind , as it was JESUS , who die for the mankind, to Save and reddened the mankind only, his own kind. 

So should I say, what then? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

51 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

JESUS is not like us, he loves pew warmers, and he loves those some call " church unsaved", and he knows that they are saved, and JESUS does not try to saved the saved, like some times we do and more often than some times, we cannot see or rather we don't want to see, we refuse to see the faith (in Jesus Christ in people), and that is to our shame, and we become trouble makers. 

JESUS knows who has his faith in his heart, and if someone wants to Judge someone's unrepentance he can go ahead and judge it, that's it his unrepentance, but not further than that. No one can judge someone's faith by his knowledge, and his fruit, and his not reading the Bible, or not praying, or been bitter with the church leaders......

Like my self right now who have judge with scripture the judging of others, with my post, while I have judge their point of view, with the truth of the Gospel, I have not judge their salvation. 

Scaring Believers with the threat of going to Hell, or not been saved from Hell, so they can become disciples, is not a Heavenly Truth. 

What do you think, to say the Devil believes and is not Saved, which it is the truth, but is it a sound reason to say the same thing for someone who is not a Devil, but from the mankind , as it was JESUS , who die for the mankind, to Save and reddened the mankind only, his own kind. 

So should I say, what then? 

I suppose there's at least two ways to approach someone that  I'm concerned about, do they know what they must do to be saved. One. If my spirit is moving me to talk to them, I try to steer  a conversation to my situation that led up to asking God to save me. I then listen to his response, and yes, I do judge, by their excitement of their finding the truth, or the lack of response, and their hesitancy  to discuss. This will give me the opportunity to share the good news, if allowed. I don't bring up hell unless they ask, or if I know I won't have another chance to talk to them.  I don't tell born again believers they're going to hell.    Who am I to judge? Someone that never heard about being born again for thirty years, till some one had the spiritual pluck to tell me. No telling how many believers I encountered over those years, and never heard the true gospel.

The second way is to cover them in prayer.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

The word Church comes from the Greek word ἐκκλησία, ας ekklésia, which is where we get the word ecclesia, and it is defined according to Strong's, "an assembly, congregation, church; the Church, the whole body of Christian believers." The latter definition, "The whole body of Christian believers," being the most accurate translation of the word. Here is how we arrived at word Church, "The English word "church" comes from the Greek word kyriakos, "belonging to the Lord" (kyrios). 1577 /ekklēsía ("church") is the root of the terms "ecclesiology" and "ecclesiastical." Jesus uses these word ecclesia long before Pentecost, and His Disciples, The Twelve which included Peter, James, John, and the others was the Church. It only takes two or more to be church (kyrios/ecclesia), "For where two or three gather together in My name, there am I with them," (Matthew 18:20), note that verse is prior to Jesus' death, resurrection, and ascension. Jesus dwells in all people who believe and trust in Him for salvation (Colossians 1:27, 1 Corinthians 3:16, John 14). The Church or Ecclesia is all Christians who believe in Jesus Christ as God, Lord, and Savior (John 6:40, John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10), and through this believe and confession they now belong to Lord Jesus (Kyrios).