WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,258
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - Four Republican senators are demanding changes to a GOP proposal to repeal and replace Obamacare, and warned just hours after the bill was released that they "are not ready to vote" on the proposal until it is altered.

It's enough to sink the bill because Republicans can only afford to lose two Republicans in order to pass the measure with a simple majority. Republicans have a narrow 52-48 majority in the Senate.

"The current bill does not repeal Obamacare." Paul said. "It does not keep our promises to the American people. I will oppose it coming to the floor in its current form, but I remain open to negotiations." [ Source ]

View the full article

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

The four horsemen of obstructionism against their own party's president aligning together. This is not a surprise. It should be to their eternal shame, but I actually don't think these four men are able to feel that. I wonder if an EO can be signed to push this through? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

No it cant....   thank God

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I'm 100% with Paul on this, he's absolutely correct in saying the current bill does not uphold promises made. In fact it's bad enough I think staying with obamacare is a better choice.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

31 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

The four horsemen of obstructionism against their own party's president aligning together. This is not a surprise. It should be to their eternal shame, but I actually don't think these four men are able to feel that. I wonder if an EO can be signed to push this through? 

Did it occur to you that maybe it is a really bad bill that does not keep their promises and does not make things better?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

No, it has to be an actual law.

36 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

No, it has to be an actual law.

Thank you.  I was just wondering if an obstructionist faction in Congress can suspend the repeal and replace plans of president Trump for four long years without somehow being overcome in that agenda. 

1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

Did it occur to you that maybe it is a really bad bill that does not keep their promises and does not make things better?

What exactly are those particulars in this bill that you see that way? Please be specific so that we can all follow along with your line of thought. Thanks in advance. :)  

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, Anonymous Aristotle said:

What exactly are those particulars in this bill that you see that way? Please be specific so that we can all follow along with your line of thought. Thanks in advance. :)  

I have not read it all yet, but I am assuming these gentlemen did.  I do not think they should be demonized just because they refuse to get in lockstep with Trump.

So far even two of the most staunch Trump supporters on this board do not like the bill. 

But since you asked me such a question, I would assume it is safe to say that you have read the whole bill and can point out some specific things in it that you find so awesome.

13 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

I have not read it all yet, but I am assuming these gentlemen did.  I do not think they should be demonized just because they refuse to get in lockstep with Trump.

So far even two of the most staunch Trump supporters on this board do not like the bill. 

But since you asked me such a question, I would assume it is safe to say that you have read the whole bill and can point out some specific things in it that you find so awesome.

So you don't know what you're talking about when you posed your prior question to me? "Did it occur to you that maybe it is a really bad bill that does not keep their promises and does not make things better?" 

Did it occur to you to read the bill before presuming these 4 representatives know what they're doing when they object to the language in the bill you haven't read in its entirety?