• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, Anonymous Aristotle said:

So you don't know what you're talking about when you posed your prior question to me? "Did it occur to you that maybe it is a really bad bill that does not keep their promises and does not make things better?" 

Did it occur to you to read the bill before presuming these 4 representatives know what they're doing when they object to the language in the bill you haven't read in its entirety? 

I asked you a question, I made no claims or any such thing, I asked you if you had considered such a thing.  

And since you clearly have not, and you clearly are offended by the very notion of thinking such a thing, the question is why?  

Why are you not capable of asking yourself such questions?  

Why do you attack people for the mere act of not being in lockstep with Trump?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Running Gator said:

I asked you a question, I made no claims or any such thing, I asked you if you had considered such a thing.  

And since you clearly have not, and you clearly are offended by the very notion of thinking such a thing, the question is why?  

Why are you not capable of asking yourself such questions?  

Why do you attack people for the mere act of not being in lockstep with Trump?

Why do you have a dialog with yourself and then grow cranky with your own answers? Using Nazi references (lock step) so as to revoke any credibility of that self-dialog, being Godwin's Law is stale, short sighted, and lame. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, Anonymous Aristotle said:

Why do you have a dialog with yourself and then grow cranky with your own answers? Using Nazi references (lock step) so as to revoke any credibility of that self-dialog, being Godwin's Law is stale, short sighted, and lame. 

Actually the Nazi reference is goosestep, lock step is not a Nazi reference.  So, it was in fact you that broke Godwins Law, and not me.

But since you seem to be an expert on the new bill, can you tell me exactly how it will lower the cost of medical care? 

Guest Butero
2 hours ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

I'm 100% with Paul on this, he's absolutely correct in saying the current bill does not uphold promises made. In fact it's bad enough I think staying with obamacare is a better choice.

Getting rid of the mandate makes it superior to Obamacare, but there is nothing wrong with them trying to make the replacement bill better before voting on it.  I do expect them to get it worked out.  I don't expect them to keep every promise to the letter before they pass something. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Just now, Butero said:

Getting rid of the mandate makes it superior to Obamacare, but there is nothing wrong with them trying to make the replacement bill better before voting on it.  I do expect them to get it worked out.  I don't expect them to keep every promise to the letter before they pass something. 

They're not getting rid of it though...they're basically keeping obamacare with some "modifications" that if anything, will make it worse. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Good for them for standing strong... I know I can always count on Cruz to do so. 

I also think this bill still represents far too much government control over our healthcare.

Guest Butero
3 hours ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

They're not getting rid of it though...they're basically keeping obamacare with some "modifications" that if anything, will make it worse. 

Getting rid of the mandate will make it better.  That is one of my biggest objections.  I don't believe the government has any right to make me purchase anything.  How will it make things worse? 

I would get rid of it entirely, but the votes aren't there.  Too many moderates.  Get rid of the mandate today, and hopefully, we can increase our majority in 2 years and make it better. 

Guest Butero
2 hours ago, Justice_League said:

Good for them for standing strong... I know I can always count on Cruz to do so. 

I also think this bill still represents far too much government control over our healthcare.

But is it a step in the right direction?  I want something done.  Obamacare with it's mandate has to go, and I expect action from my GOP representatives.  Work with those who don't like it, but get rid of that mandate. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

if you get rid of the mandate and keep the "pre-existing conditions"  it will drive the price so high most people won't be able to afford it.....   or deductibles so high most people won't be able to afford to use it.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

13 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Actually the Nazi reference is goosestep, lock step is not a Nazi reference.  So, it was in fact you that broke Godwins Law, and not me.

But since you seem to be an expert on the new bill, can you tell me exactly how it will lower the cost of medical care? 

Deflection. 

No, you're wrong. Lockstep is a Nazi reference. The Hitler youth brigades were made to march in lockstep.Auburn Prison camp in a photo from 1910 shows this. 

False allegations, my being an expert, doesn't work. You've asked if these four men maybe had a good reason for opposing the new health care bill. Senator Paul was on the Today show this morning. He as much as admitted he and his three compatriots are obstructing this bill because it takes but two of them to pass it. 

If you spent as much time reading the bill as you shall goading this thread forward so that president Trump requires people to pray for him to protect him against the dedicated obstructionist left that seeks to assail him with false news, slander, defamation, scurrilous attacks, sarcasm, and hatred, while some dare to say they pray for him and his family in the process of committing to those evils that require prayer for protection from that, you would be able to contribute something to this discussion besides deflection and animus. 

I never claimed to be an expert. That's a false statement. It is a false allusion also. However, I have read the bill and that is something if you had done would not have you deflecting from the details of the bill, so as to proceed with personal attacks against our president, per usual, and also his supporters. Whom you assail with Nazi references. 

I believe you need our prayers. Because we are to love even our enemies. We're not to insult God with prayers for someone who our behavior demonstrates needs others to pray we stop!