WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,072
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

A total of 30 Republican members of Congress have either been attacked or revealed that they were the victim of a death threat since the beginning of May.

View the full article

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

I am not surprised. God protect all Republicans in office. :th_praying:

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

It would be useful in this type of article if they let you know if this was a huge increase or if this was the norm.   There are only 6 incidents listed, so over a 1.5 month period 6 incidents does not seem like it is anything above the norm. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

26 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

It would be useful in this type of article if they let you know if this was a huge increase or if this was the norm.   There are only 6 incidents listed, so over a 1.5 month period 6 incidents does not seem like it is anything above the norm. 

Perhaps not if you are talking about threats, but having a sitting congressman face a nearly successful assassination attempt for political reasons is pretty rare.

Just now, Steve_S said:

Perhaps not if you are talking about threats, but having a sitting congressman face a nearly successful assassination attempt for political reasons is pretty rare.

Yes, that is very rare indeed.   But that was not the focus of this article.  There are roughly 280 or so Repubs in congress.  So, 6 incidents spread out over 280 over 45 days, that is not a lot.   While it is 6 too many I can tell you that during my last 6 months on the street as a Marine Recruiter I received about that many threats, some face to face thanks to the lovely women of Code Pink (and yes, the lovely part is sarcasm) 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

3 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Yes, that is very rare indeed.   But that was not the focus of this article.  There are roughly 280 or so Repubs in congress.  So, 6 incidents spread out over 280 over 45 days, that is not a lot.   While it is 6 too many I can tell you that during my last 6 months on the street as a Marine Recruiter I received about that many threats, some face to face thanks to the lovely women of Code Pink (and yes, the lovely part is sarcasm) 

That's not particularly shocking. It's ironic that organizations like code pink probably end up providing more assistance than harm to the causes that they are attempting to oppose.

4 hours ago, Steve_S said:

That's not particularly shocking. It's ironic that organizations like code pink probably end up providing more assistance than harm to the causes that they are attempting to oppose.

I tell you what, I cannot even use the words this forum to to describe the ladies of Code Pink.   I think they were the most hateful group I have ever had a personal experience with.  

3 hours ago, Running Gator said:

I tell you what, I cannot even use the words to describe those people on this forum.   I think they were the most hateful group I have ever had a personal experience with.  

Where did that come from? Steve S. said not one thing that would warrant such a confession. 

10 hours ago, Running Gator said:

That it happens at all is wrong. Do you believe that? 

June 22, 2017 3:16 pm

A total of 30 Republican members of Congress have either been attacked or revealed that they were the victim of a death threat since the beginning of May.

May 8: Wendi Wright, 35, was arrested after stalking Rep. David Kustoff (Tenn.) and trying to run him off the road. After pulling over, Wright "began to scream and strike the windows on Kustoff's car and even reached inside the vehicle."

May 9: Virginia Rep. Tom Garrett needed heavy security at a town hall after receiving a series of death threats in May that police "deemed to be credible and real."

"This is how we're going to kill your wife," one message said. Others detailed how they would kill his children, and even his dog.

May 12: A town hall participant accosted North Dakota Rep. Kevin Cramer, shoving fake dollar bills into his suit jacket. A Kramer supporter grabbed the same man by the neck. Both men were ejected by law enforcement, but neither were charged.

May 12: A Tucson, Ariz. school district employee was arrested by the FBI for sending several death threats to Arizona Rep. Martha McSally. The man threatened to shoot McSally and told her to "be careful" because her days "were numbered."

May 21: Florida Rep. Ted Yoho described his office getting vandalized by protesters. One female constituent left a voicemail on an office answering machine, promising, "Next time I see you, I'm going to beat your %&#$@&  %#$."

June 14: Sens. Rand Paul (Ky.) and Jeff Flake (Ariz.), and Reps. Steve Scalise (La.), Kevin Brady (Texas), Jack Bergman (Mich.), Mike Bishop (Mich.), Mike Conaway (Texas), Roger Williams (Texas), John Moolenaar (Mich.), Gary Palmer (Ala.), Chuck Fleischmann (Tenn.), Ron DeSantis (Fla.), Barry Loudermilk (Ga.), Mark Walker (N.C.), Steve Pearce (N.M.), Brad Wenstrup (Ohio), Rodney Davis (Ill.), Jeff Duncan (S.C.), Trent Kelly (Miss.), Mo Brooks (Ala.), and Joe Barton (Texas) were attacked by a gunman during a baseball practice in Alexandria, Va.

Scalise, the House majority whip, was shot in the hip, and remains in the hospital. Four others were injured, including a staffer for Williams and two Capitol Police officers assigned to Scalise.

The same day, New York Rep. Claudia Tenney received an email reading, "One down, 216 to go."

June 17: Missouri Rep. Ann Wagner revealed that she had gotten five death threats in the weeks leading up to the Scalise shooting. Wagner said that protesters had been "vandalizing my home, showing up with masks and gravestones, and laying down on my driveway and drawing chalk outlines of dead bodies. Picketing my church at 8 and 10 o'clock Mass."

June 22: An Ohio man was arrested for leaving a voicemail threatening the life and family of Rep. Steve Stivers (Ohio).

"We're coming to get every ...... one of you and your families. Maybe the next one taken down will be your daughter. Huh? Or your wife. Or even you," the man said.

The same day, Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz played a threatening voicemail he had received on "Fox & Friends."

"I suggest you prepare for the battle %#$%$#@#$, and the apocalypse," the caller yelled. "Because we are going to hunt your %@$ down, wrap a rope around your neck, and hang you from a lamppost."

Profanity edited by Omegaman 3.0 (green characters)

4 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

Where did that come from? Steve S. said not one thing that would warrant such a confession. 

I apologize, my wording was very awkward.  I meant that I cannot use the words on this forum to describe the women of Code Pink.

But I can definitely see how the way I worded it made it sound like I meant the people of the forum. 

Again, my apologies and thank you for pointing that out for me.