• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

If you said the same thing, or if I did, we'd be in cuffs already. It is disgusting the arrogance and hatred that lacks compunction today and boldly threatens the president of the U.S. California is Democrat. And most celebrities are too. This however goes way beyond towing the party line. Depp is right, he lies for a living. That he's this immoral shows that the fandom that makes him his living really doesn't adore anything but a liar. We don't know him except for what he makes public of his own accord. Otherwise, every public appearance any celebrity willingly makes is acting or lying too. They're promoting themselves in a new project. They're pimping their fake image so we'll buy tickets because we think they're great people on and off screen. 

They're not. Because we don't know them off screen. We know what they pretend to be to make millions from those they convince who buy the tickets. 

But Johnny, just showed us what he is. Do you know why he moved to France? Seriously. Because there, unlike America, when he awakened in the morning the locals, his neighbors, wouldn't think anything of it as he had a bottle of wine with breakfast. He says of himself, he's a professional alcoholic. 

He should enter rehab. Because he's drunk in that public appearance where he says these hate filled things about president Trump. And the bad part about it is, he's saying it in Europe where ISIS is located and with their operatives listening. They love it that a rich American celebrity also wants president Trump dead. 

Johnny is a shame. That's the truth of it. 

I watch films because I am interested in the movie, not because I like an actor. I think most people are this way. 

Depp, like most actors, are messed up. Its a shame that he is hooked on alcohol, but so are others. I am only posting tho because I wanted to correct something you said. Depps young daughter lives in france. He is learning french in order to speak with her in her native language (something I found admirable). My guess is that he moved to france to be closer to her. He has said many things that indicate he wants to have her in his life, to be close to her. He doesnt need to live in france to get drunk in the mornings. He can easily have a wine cellar here for that. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I have never been a fan of his, he has been off the reservation for a long time.  I will give him credit for at least admitting that he is a liar, that is more than you will get from most of those in La-la land.  Living in France probably gives him more courage to say such ridiculous things because it is highly unlikely the French would hand him over even if our government requested it, which they won't anyway.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

I watch films because I am interested in the movie, not because I like an actor. I think most people are this way. 

Depp, like most actors, are messed up. Its a shame that he is hooked on alcohol, but so are others. I am only posting tho because I wanted to correct something you said. Depps young daughter lives in france. He is learning french in order to speak with her in her native language (something I found admirable). My guess is that he moved to france to be closer to her. He has said many things that indicate he wants to have her in his life, to be close to her. He doesnt need to live in france to get drunk in the mornings. He can easily have a wine cellar here for that. 

I would not speak for most people because that would be presumptuous to think most people hold to my reasons for watching movies. I have favorite actors and I'll usually watch any movie they're in. Because a great actor likely makes for a great film. Not always however, great actors have a reputation to keep up. And they're usually discriminating as to what projects they'll attach their names to. 

You wanted to correct something I said about Depp's moving to France. And yet, you're correcting me with your best guess. 

Johnny is selling his estate in southern France.  

44 minutes ago, other one said:

Yeah,   death threats are sometimes unnerving......  

If someone said the identical thing during president BH Obama's term do we imagine it would be dismissed as people need to learn what a threat is? 
Do you think Mrs. Lincoln learned what a threat was? In the context of Johnny's implications concerning the actor Booth? 

Guest Butero
2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Yes they are.  What Depp said was stupid and maybe could be classified as 'inciting" but it was not a threat. 

It was clearly a threat.   He insinuated he might be the next actor to kill a President.  He should be locked up. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

JDepp lived in France because the mother of his kids is French - that's why the French connection.

As far as his comments, its simply getting himself air time ....

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Butero said:

It was clearly a threat.   He insinuated he might be the next actor to kill a President.  He should be locked up. 

Actually he very clearly did not when he said he was not an actor, thus removing himself from being the threat.  I do not know if it was by design or accident, but either way he did it

59 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Actually he very clearly did not when he said he was not an actor, thus removing himself from being the threat.  I do not know if it was by design or accident, but either way he did it

It's called incitement. 

It's also called, wanting to be let back into the states after making a threat toward the president. By making a plausible case for deniability that he supported assassination. Johnny Depp calls himself a liar in this encounter with the public. That's not what he's said prior of himself when he's referred to himself as an actor. 

"I think it's an actor's responsibility to change every time. Not only for himself and the people he's working with, but for the audience. If you just go out and deliver the same dish every time... it's meat loaf again... you'd get bored. I'd get bored." Johnny Depp
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/johnny_depp.html

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

It's called incitement. 

Now, that I can agree with!  

1 hour ago, HisFirst said:

JDepp lived in France because the mother of his kids is French - that's why the French connection.

As far as his comments, its simply getting himself air time ....

He already has airtime because he's promoting the latest installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. He's made public appearances in character as Captain Jack Sparrow at Disney , at their PotC ride. 

This where he made these comments was a paid public appearance. He's being paid millions under contract for airtime already. His comments were made off American soil for a reason. And his move to France was in part due to his wife being a French actress at the time, but also because he had no respect for America and so he moved away. 

"Johnny Depp Says U.S. Is Like a 'Dumb Puppy'{Moves to France]
NYT.com ^ 

Posted on 9/3/2003, 8:23:39 AM by Sub-Driver

Johnny Depp Says U.S. Is Like a 'Dumb Puppy' By REUTERS

Filed at 7:48 a.m. ET

BERLIN (Reuters) - Hollywood star Johnny Depp said on Wednesday the United States was a stupid, aggressive puppy and he would not live there until the political climate changed.

The 40-year-old actor, who stars in the ``Pirates of the Caribbean,'' told the German news magazine Stern he was happier staying in the south of France with his wife, the French actress and singer Vanessa Paradis, and their two children.

``America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you, aggressive,'' he said.

``My daughter is four, my boy is one. I'd like them to see America as a toy, a broken toy. Investigate it a little, check it out, get this feeling and then get out,'' said the star of the off-beat films ``Edward Scissorhands'' and ``Dead Man.''

Depp slammed George W. Bush's administration for its criticism of French opposition to the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

``I was ecstatic they re-named 'French Fries' as 'Freedom Fries'. Grown men and women in positions of power in the U.S. government showing themselves as idiots,'' he told Stern." 

But then,America became home again. Because it costs more to live longer in France with the tax rate there, than what it would cost to return to the dog house of the dumb puppy. 

2011  Johnny Depp Moves Back to Us from France to Avoid Paying Double Taxes