• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The real title is actually How to Raise a Pagan Kid in a Christian Home - but you get the idea.

Too many times, (Christian) parents have it as their goal to make their kids good and moral. It is as if the entire purpose of their family's spiritual life is to shape their children into law-abiding citizens who stay out of trouble. The only problem with this goal is that it runs in stark contrast to what the Bible teaches....

Read what the author has to say about it here:

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/44118-how-to-raise-a-pagan-kid-in-a-christian-home#sthash.Om0NRFMP.dpuf 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

41 minutes ago, nebula said:

The real title is actually How to Raise a Pagan Kid in a Christian Home - but you get the idea.

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/44118-how-to-raise-a-pagan-kid-in-a-christian-home#sthash.Om0NRFMP.dpuf 

Yes we are. From the Halo Video Games to Transformers to Star Wars to Marvel's Avengers and beyond the teachings of "Chariot of the gods," is on full display, a teaching that says aliens created our world (fallen angel propaganda, see Genesis 6:4-13. The empathy for evil has reached an epoch, as heroes now become villans. It started with rise of antihero, but now the heroes are changing. Take Optimus Prime from Transformers Saga, this robot warrior has been the leader of the Autobots who fight evil robots called Decepticons, and defend the human race. In Michael Bay's latest installment, Optimus Prime becomes the villain and decides to destroy mankind, even though in the first film in the saga Optimus Prime was willing to sacrifice himself to save humankind. Luke Skywalker, the Jedi hero of Star Wars in the upcoming Star Wars Sequel, titled "The Last Jedi," is fond saying in trailer, "It is time for the Jedi to end," and "reach out, what do you feel, yes, the Light and Dark (Side) use them both." Luke Skywalker in Return of Jedi was willing to die at Emperor's hand than use the Dark Side, but now he is advocating it. The clean lines between good and evil are disappearing, with former heroes either turning villains as in examples I gave or the villians are reimagined, for example the Wicked Witch from the Wizard of Oz is the hero in "Wicked" and Dorthy is a thief and the Wizard of Oz a rapist. In the reimagined Sleeping Beauty, the Witch is actually the victim and Sleeping Beuty and her family is to blame for evil in the kingdom. All of this is to influence the minds of young people, from children to young adults to empathize with evil, and goal is that you can call nothing evil, just misunderstood, and so you can't say its sin, because there is no sin in this view point. This is fulfillment of the Prophet and Christ's words, "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter," (Isaiah 5:20), and "But when your eye is bad, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is!" (Mathew 6:23). 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Most veggie tales were geared toward pre school children.  Learning basic morality is the aim of those years.   But then I never told my kids that Santa Claus was anything but someone's daddy in a santa claus suit.  I figured If they couldn't trust what I said about him, they would never trust what I said about Jesus.  I always taught them to say "sorry" when they hurt another or didn't respect property.  If they can't apologize to people, they won't be able to humble themselves before God and repent.  So every decision was aimed toward eventually leading them to repent and have faith in God.  We taught them the Lord's Prayer as pre school kids (not that they understood it yet).  But we taught them in the way they should go.  We prayed with them and for them.  Now that they are in their late 40s, they are doing the same with their children.  3 of 6 love God's word and follow Him.  We still pray for the others.  God is faithful.  His promises are yes and Amen!  So we pray according to His will, claiming His promises and praying them back to Him as Moses did.  We know that God will not force them to come to Him, but He can do much to manipulate circumstance so that they may come to repentance and faith in God.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

13 minutes ago, Willa said:

Most veggie tales were geared toward pre school children.  Learning basic morality is the aim of those years.   But then I never told my kids that Santa Claus was anything but someone's daddy in a santa claus suit.  I figured If they couldn't trust what I said about him, they would never trust what I said about Jesus.  I always taught them to say "sorry" when they hurt another or didn't respect property.  If they can't apologize to people, they won't be able to humble themselves before God and repent.  So every decision was aimed toward eventually leading them to repent and have faith in God.  We taught them the Lord's Prayer as pre school kids (not that they understood it yet).  But we taught them in the way they should go.  We prayed with them and for them.  Now that they are in their late 40s, they are doing the same with their children.  3 of 6 love God's word and follow Him.  We still pray for the others.  God is faithful.  His promises are yes and Amen!  So we pray according to His will, claiming His promises and praying them back to Him as Moses did.  We know that God will not force them to come to Him, but He can do much to manipulate circumstance so that they may come to repentance and faith in God.

Well done Willa. Santa Claus is a major problem. For one Santa Claus is loosely based on Turkish Saint, St. Nicholas, but the familiar vision of him in red and white outfit is actually the Norse god Oiden (A acquaintance of mine became a Neo Pagan Norse worshipper, and he confirmed this). In Germany, "Naught and Nice" has serious ramifications, as Santa Claus has this gang of devilish spiritual beings to punish the naughty (brings a whole new meaning to naughty or nice). The Elves come from Norse elves of Norse Mythology, but over time there were made into the more child friendly little Nome elves. You did right not to teach Santa Claus was deity or special being, because it has pagan roots. Yes, St. Nicholas invented stockings by putting gold coins and oranges in shoes, and he did ransomed three daughters from slavery. But St. Nicholas spent his time preaching the Gospel, and celebrated Jesus Christ's birth at Christmas, not making himself into mythic being who is "holly and jolly." 

3 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Yes we are. From the Halo Video Games to Transformers to Star Wars to Marvel's Avengers and beyond the teachings of "Chariot of the gods," is on full display, a teaching that says aliens created our world (fallen angel propaganda, see Genesis 6:4-13. The empathy for evil has reached an epoch, as heroes now become villans. It started with rise of antihero, but now the heroes are changing. Take Optimus Prime from Transformers Saga, this robot warrior has been the leader of the Autobots who fight evil robots called Decepticons, and defend the human race. In Michael Bay's latest installment, Optimus Prime becomes the villain and decides to destroy mankind, even though in the first film in the saga Optimus Prime was willing to sacrifice himself to save humankind. Luke Skywalker, the Jedi hero of Star Wars in the upcoming Star Wars Sequel, titled "The Last Jedi," is fond saying in trailer, "It is time for the Jedi to end," and "reach out, what do you feel, yes, the Light and Dark (Side) use them both." Luke Skywalker in Return of Jedi was willing to die at Emperor's hand than use the Dark Side, but now he is advocating it. The clean lines between good and evil are disappearing, with former heroes either turning villains as in examples I gave or the villians are reimagined, for example the Wicked Witch from the Wizard of Oz is the hero in "Wicked" and Dorthy is a thief and the Wizard of Oz a rapist. In the reimagined Sleeping Beauty, the Witch is actually the victim and Sleeping Beuty and her family is to blame for evil in the kingdom. All of this is to influence the minds of young people, from children to young adults to empathize with evil, and goal is that you can call nothing evil, just misunderstood, and so you can't say its sin, because there is no sin in this view point. This is fulfillment of the Prophet and Christ's words, "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter," (Isaiah 5:20), and "But when your eye is bad, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is!" (Mathew 6:23). 

OK, I appreciate your sentiment, but how does that related to what the article actually talked about?

I changed the title to reflect the actual message.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

So I read the article and I am trying to understand how tv, movies and video games became the brunt of the conversation? The article didn't even deal with those items. It merely said that we need to show through example how to live not just say it. 

When it comes to parenting it starts with God's Word and teaching them what God has to say about sin. As a dad it is my responsiblity, and I will be held responsible, as to how my kids talk and act and if I as a parent have taught them that God is the ultimate authority and that we need to please Him as we live our lives. Yes my family watches tv, plays video games and we do go to movies but I can assure you that my kids do not swear, act up, or act as though those movies are teaching them a lesson. In reality, these movies have actually been used as spring board into teaching what God's Word says about something that was done or said in a movie.

Here is the failure, parents have gotten away from God's Word and are allowing their kids to do whatever they want. This is sad because then tv, movies, and videos games (also include music) will teach their kids thoughts and ideas that are contrary to God's word. But those parents will be held accountable for what they have done just as the rest of us  parents will be held accountable. But I for one will never let media tell or teach my kids what is right or wrong. My kids know full well what is right and wrong and they know this not because I said it was right or wrong but because God says it and dad believes in a God that loves us yet is holy a hates sin. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

On 6/23/2017 at 7:51 PM, nebula said:

Thank you for posting this.  In our family my wife and I always tried to focus on Christ and not behavior as we knew that as they grew in Christ the behavior would eventually follow.

it is the focus on individual acts and not deepening the relationship with Christ that led to us no longer going to a "church".