• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

How I Know That The King James Bible Is The Word Of God (by James L. Melton)

There are many good works that one can read on the authority of the King James Bible, and this particular effort offers nothing really new. However, it does attempt to explain the issue in a simple and brief manner for all to understand. Over the years I have learned a great deal about this issue, and I believe that a truth worth learning is a truth worth telling.
Many preachers and teachers across our land talk about "preferring" and "using" the KJV, but I haven't heard them speak much about BELIEVING it. Many prefer it and use it, because that's what their congregations prefer and use, but they do not BELIEVE it to be the infallible words of God. They are taught in college to USE, PREFER, and RECOMMEND the KJV, but they are NOT taught to BELIEVE it. Most "Christian colleges" teach that the King James Bible is only a translation, and that NO translation is infallible. Consequently, the average minister today uses a Book which he doesn't even believe.

Now, I thank God that I don't have that problem. I don't have to play make-believe with anyone about the word of God. I believe it. I believe the King James Bible is the preserved and infallible words of God. It doesn't merely "contain" the word of God: it IS the word of God. I'm absolutely sure of it, and I'd like to give a few reasons why. Here are twelve reasons how I know that the KJV is the word of God:

God Promised to Preserve His Words:

This is just the first part of what I see as an excellent explanation.  To read the rest of James L. Melton's work, please click here ... https://www.biblebelievers.com/jmelton/knowkjv.html

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

well I certainly would not want to mess with your faith......   so I think I'll just set this thread out.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

If you prefer it then you have every right to but there's an inate deceit in the kjv only mentality

1. The Kjv is excellent . I mainly use it myself . But it's not perfect. There are documented instances where  the language and wording wasn't the best.( eg thou shalt not kill in kjv .in actual Hebrew was closer to thou shalt not murder which id why some newer  versions changed it. This makes alot more sense  because if killing is a sin,why did the Israelites  fight wars?)

2. There is absolutely nothing to support that it was God ordained do be the only English version of the bible. Kjv only people claim this fiercely but there is NOTHING  to support it

It gives the impression that God only ever ordained the bible to be translated  once  which again has nothing to back it up. Just people's opinion. Were  it the first translation I'd be a bit more understanding, but the kjv isnt the  first english translations either. So apparently God didn't want the previous ones to be done  just the kjv?

People over the centuries  have just been conditioned to believe that the kjv is all of this and refuse to see any other alternative. Any evidence provided against this they'll ignore and brush off and stick to their opinions. Which imo is wrong 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

51 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

If you prefer it then you have every right to but there's an inate deceit in the kjv only mentality

1. The Kjv is excellent . I mainly use it myself . But it's not perfect. There are documented instances where  the language and wording wasn't the best.( eg thou shalt not kill in kjv .in actual Hebrew was closer to thou shalt not murder which id why some newer  versions changed it. This makes alot more sense  because if killing is a sin,why did the Israelites  fight wars?)

2. There is absolutely nothing to support that it was God ordained do be the only English version of the bible. Kjv only people claim this fiercely but there is NOTHING  to support it

It gives the impression that God only ever ordained the bible to be translated  once  which again has nothing to back it up. Just people's opinion. Were  it the first translation I'd be a bit more understanding, but the kjv isnt the  first english translations either. So apparently God didn't want the previous ones to be done  just the kjv?

People over the centuries  have just been conditioned to believe that the kjv is all of this and refuse to see any other alternative. Any evidence provided against this they'll ignore and brush off and stick to their opinions. Which imo is wrong 

I agree with that.  The KJV is simply the English version the original text.  Or as close to the original as possible.  There are a host of errors in it. The reason people use the KJV in their studies is because most resources and lexicons use it.

People that believe the same as the OP typically have nothing good to say about other translations and sometimes even say they are demonically inspired.  One guy even goes to the extreme and says that if you use any other version than the 1611 King James your salvation is in jeopardy.

Edited by fixerupper

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

4 minutes ago, fixerupper said:

I agree with that.  The KJV is simply the English version the original text.  Or as close to the original as possible.  There are a host of errors in it. The reason people use the KJV is in their studies is because most resources and lexicons use it.

People that typically believe the same as the OP typically have nothing good to say about other translations and sometimes even say they are demonically inspired.  One guy even goes to the extreme and says that if you use any other version than the 1611 King James your salvation is in jeopardy.

Hi fixerupper. Can you show us what those host of errors are in the KJV? People say this all the time but don't give specifies. Thanks.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

6 minutes ago, fixerupper said:

I agree with that.  The KJV is simply the English version the original text.  Or as close to the original as possible.  There are a host of errors in it. The reason people use the KJV is in their studies is because most resources and lexicons use it.

People that typically believe the same as the OP typically have nothing good to say about other translations and sometimes even say they are demonically inspired.  One guy even goes to the extreme and says that if you use any other version than the 1611 King James your salvation is in jeopardy.

28 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

I like the KJV but I also look at other bible versions. I've noticed some of the more modern versions have a few changes in them, but that's to be expected because the copyright laws says that a new bible has to have X amount of changes. IOW, it cannot be word for word exactly the same as any other version. This seems to be perhaps a cause for concern since changes can even alter the meaning?

54 minutes ago, Swords99 said:

Hi fixerupper. Can you show us what those host of errors are in the KJV? People say this all the time but don't give specifies. Thanks.

We ll there's a bunch of links that show over 100 errors in it.  Have you ever look at them?  I just exposed one in 1 john 2:18 where the article was omitted but IS in the original text.  So let me show you 6 mistakes in ONE verse that's NOT on other peoples list of mistakes in the KJV...

Rev. 13;16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

MISTAKE:  The KJV omits the article 6 times in Rev. 13:16.

If you look at this in the Greek interlinear the ARTICLE IS USED 6 TIMES IN VERSE 16 and should read like this...

"and is making all the little and all the great and the rich and the poor and the free and the slaves."  

Verse 16 implies that ALL people "both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave," within the REGIONAL empire of.... and and under the control of the two horned beast will receive the mark,  NOT THE ENTIRE PLANET!  

The word ALL used in verse 16 is the word 'pas'.  'PAS' doesn't imply the entirety of the whole like the word HOLOS does.  You can look at other passages where the word is uses to reinforce that.  The word "EARTH" in verse 8 is 'ge.' Coupled wih the word "PAS," ALL in verse 16 implies ALL OF ONE REGION AND only the people in it and within the kingdom of the anti-Christ. NOT THE ENTIRE PLANET.  The word ALL or 'pas' actually means, 'INDIVIDUALLY' and and means 'all' in a limited sense.

"When the word ALL is used WITHOUT the article it means "every kind or variety."  Used with the article, it means the whole of one object. In the plural it signifies "the totality of the persons or things referred to." Used without a noun it virtually becomes a pronoun, meaning "everyone" or "anyone."

In Rev. 13:16 all is used with the article and is in the plural.

Edited by fixerupper

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

Because there are so many alternative bible aside from the KJV. I think its good to use the KJV as the best reference bible you can find in terms of accuracy. As it is one of the oldest versions existing.

Its view of the Godhead : Father Son, Holy Spirit is clear and not muddled or omitted by some newer versions of the bible

And even with that said, people will find argument . And that can be mostly attributed to a persons very own spiritual walk with God. As it is God who gives us His understanding and His commandments become grafted into our hearts when we seek and ask Him to come into our hearts so to heal, teach and renew our spirits into His likeliness.

In the book of Timothy, he instructs us how to learn through the bible.

2 Timothy 3:15-17King James Version (KJV)

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Ultimately as christian on our our journey in becoming more and more  Gods new creation through Christ Jesus, we come to better understanding of Gods word the more we draw closer to Him on a daily basis by having a daily personal relationship with Him.

It is the Holy Spirit of God that teaches us through His Word what we need to know become more and more His new creations.

So

Everybody is at a different learning curve that is dependent on their personal walk with and in Christ Jesus.

It is the holy spirit of God that teaches us and open our understanding to the TRUTH of HIS WOED

2 Timothy 1:13-14King James Version (KJV)

13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

14 That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.

The danger

of some newer versions of the Holy Bible is that they have omitted the God head of the FATHER, SON ,HOLY SPIRIT, misleading who Christ Jesus really is.

The Jehovah witnesses now have their own bible, why? because its supports their beliefs, that is far away from trinity Godhead of the Father, Son, Holy Spirit being ONE

1 Timothy 4King James Version (KJV)

10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

11 These things command and teach.

12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Its view of the Godhead : Father Son, Holy Spirit is clear and not muddled or omitted by some newer versions of the bible.

The godhead is muddled in every version of the bible.  Even trinitarians don't agree on everything, and will tell you that there isn't ONE verse that specifically implies a godhead or more specific a Trinity.

The danger

of some newer versions of the Holy Bible is that they have omitted the God head of the FATHER, SON ,HOLY SPIRIT, misleading who Christ Jesus really is.

Who Jesus really is.... is a Savior.  Deity and Trinirarianism are not dangerous or damnable doctrines like some claim and even condemn those who of us who don't believe oe accept them.

Jesus himself said God is greater, and that God knows that that he doesn't.  And why isn't the holy spirit found around the Throne of God???  Just wondering and "just sayin."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

"How I Know The King James Bible
is the Word of God"

Copyright © 1997 James L. Melton
Published by Bible Baptist Church, Sharon, TN

James L. Melton   Bible Baptist Church was organized as an independent Baptist church on December 31st, 1995, with James L. Melton called as the pastor.

Reading his site, he definitely appears a very committed Christian. King James is what I used the first years of study, and now ninety five percent with occasionally the expanded bible which I hand out to unbelievers. The way I see it, it's not what I don't know about God using all the different versions, it's what  I do know, and how to put it to use. When I pass out bread to the hungry, they really don't care where I found it.