• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

46 minutes ago, Yowm said:

This is a Trinitarian Forum. Why did you join? To teach us?

If you don't want me here I can get out.  I have a crappy opinion of you guys anyway!

Edited by OneLight
removed cuss words

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

38 minutes ago, fixerupper said:

If you don't want me here I can get out.  I have a crappy opinion of you guys anyway!

So if you make a statement like that, then maybe it should be your  last.  Just my opinion of your opinion.

You should be able to converse without making condescending statements.  Why do you get upset so easily.  Make your point in manner that  people can respond to.  If you feel you are wronged, then you can send the admin a note, but please be reasonable in your replies and not go off on a tangent.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings fixerupper

Well,I want you here and I hope you understand that profanity is not permitted here,please read our ToS

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/terms

And I hope you have read our Statement of Faith https://www.worthynetwork.com/statement-of-faith

We believe in the triunity of God. We believe that God is eternally One, and also eternally the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit — the three being distinct, but not separate. Each Person of the Godhead coexists from everlasting to everlasting.

This IS what we Believe.......I'm sure we can have discussion without any name calling & by speaking nicely to one another....I've not read all the pages in this Thread because we have had this conversation many many times here at WCF,I have no doubt that there were plenty of posts with Scriptures to support what we Believe......shall I provide some f or you & we can talk about it?    

With love-in Christ,Kwik (I'll check back tomorrow because its time for me to go:D)

5 hours ago, fixerupper said:

You haven't answered my question.  What is the holy spirit's name, and why isn't he found in or around the throne of God?  If there is a trinity....if the holy spitit is both God and Jesus, and since Jesus and God ARE found around the throne...why isn't the holy spirit?

Trinitarians do their utmost to build themselves and their theology UP by condemn people.  It makes Trinitarians "feel good about themselves," by tearing others down.  

Please answer my questions.

This is very impressive.  One believer condemning another over an un-biblical teaching of a Trinity and even taking scripture out of context to claim they are condemned.

You do realize that the Trinity is a fabricated Catholic doctrine Protestants have accepted and killed people for not accepting it?

"What are the names and titles of the Holy Spirit?"

Answer: 
The Holy Spirit is known by many names and titles, most of which denote some function or aspect of His ministry. Below are some of the names and descriptions the Bible uses for the Holy Spirit: 

Author of Scripture: (2 Peter 1:21; 2 Timothy 3:16) The Bible is inspired, literally “God-breathed,” by the Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Trinity. The Spirit moved the authors of all 66 books to record exactly what He breathed into their hearts and minds. As a ship is moved through the water by wind in its sails, so the biblical writers were borne along by the Spirit’s impulse.

Comforter / Counselor / Advocate: (Isaiah 11:2; John 14:16; 15:26; 16:7) All three words are translations of the Greek parakletos, from which we get “Paraclete,” another name for the Spirit. When Jesus went away, His disciples were greatly distressed because they had lost His comforting presence. But He promised to send the Spirit to comfort, console, and guide those who belong to Christ. The Spirit also “bears witness” with our spirits that we belong to Him and thereby assures us of salvation. 

Convicter of Sin: (John 16:7-11) The Spirit applies the truths of God to men’s own minds in order to convince them by fair and sufficient arguments that they are sinners. He does this through the conviction in our hearts that we are not worthy to stand before a holy God, that we need His righteousness, and that judgment is certain and will come to all men one day. Those who deny these truths rebel against the conviction of the Spirit. 

Deposit / Seal / Earnest: (2 Corinthians 1:22; 5:5; Ephesians 1:13-14) The Holy Spirit is God’s seal on His people, His claim on us as His very own. The gift of the Spirit to believers is a down payment on our heavenly inheritance, which Christ has promised us and secured for us at the cross. It is because the Spirit has sealed us that we are assured of our salvation. No one can break the seal of God.

Guide: (John 16:13) Just as the Spirit guided the writers of Scripture to record truth, so does He promise to guide believers to know and understand that truth. God’s truth is “foolishness” to the world, because it is “spiritually discerned” (1 Corinthians 2:14). Those who belong to Christ have the indwelling Spirit who guides us into all we need to know in regard to spiritual matters. Those who do not belong to Christ have no “interpreter” to guide them to know and understand God’s Word.

Indweller of Believers: (Romans 8:9-11; Ephesians 2:21-22; 1 Corinthians 6:19) The Holy Spirit resides in the hearts of God’s people, and that indwelling is the distinguishing characteristic of the regenerated person. From within believers, He directs, guides, comforts, and influences us, as well as producing in us the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). He provides the intimate connection between God and His children. All true believers in Christ have the Spirit residing in their hearts. 

Intercessor: (Romans 8:26) One of the most encouraging and comforting aspects of the Holy Spirit is His ministry of intercession on behalf of those He inhabits. Because we often don’t know what or how to pray when we approach God, the Spirit intercedes and prays for us. He intercedes for us “with wordless groans,” so that when we are oppressed and overwhelmed by trials and the cares of life, He comes alongside to lend assistance as He sustains us before the throne of grace. 

Revealer / Spirit of Truth: (John 14:17; 16:13; 1 Corinthians 2:12-16) Jesus promised that, after the resurrection, the Holy Spirit would come to “guide you into all truth.” Because of the Spirit in our hearts, we are able to understand truth, especially in spiritual matters, in a way that non-Christians cannot. In fact, the truth the Spirit reveals to us is “foolishness” to them, and they cannot understand it. But we have the mind of Christ in the Person of His Spirit within us.

Spirit of God / the Lord / Christ: (Matthew 3:16; 2 Corinthians 3:17; 1 Peter 1:11) These names remind us that the Spirit of God is indeed part of the triune godhead and that He is just as much God as the Father and the Son. He is first revealed to us at the creation, when He was “hovering over the waters,” denoting His part in creation, along with that of Jesus who “made all things” (John 1:1-3). We see this same Trinity of God again at Jesus’ baptism, when the Spirit descends on Jesus and the voice of the Father is heard. 

Spirit of Life: (Romans 8:2) The phrase “Spirit of life” means the Holy Spirit is the one who produces or gives life, not that He initiates salvation, but rather that He imparts newness of life. When we receive eternal life through Christ, the Spirit provides the spiritual food that is the sustenance of the spiritual life. Here again, we see the triune God at work. We are saved by the Father through the work of the Son, and that salvation is sustained by the Holy Spirit.

Teacher: (John 14:26; 1 Corinthians 2:13) Jesus promised that the Spirit would teach His disciples “all things” and bring to their remembrance the things He said while He was with them. The writers of the New Testament were moved by the Spirit to remember and understand the instructions Jesus gave for the building and organizing of the Church, the doctrines regarding Himself, the directives for holy living, and the revelation of things to come. 

Witness: (Romans 8:16; Hebrews 2:4; 10:15) The Spirit is called “witness” because He verifies and testifies to the fact that we are children of God, that Jesus and the disciples who performed miracles were sent by God, and that the books of the Bible are divinely inspired. Further, by giving the gifts of the Spirit to believers, He witnesses to us and the world that we belong to God."

Recommended Resource: The Holy Spirit by Charles Ryrie

gotquestions.org

Its all there in scripture. You must first be reborn again! 

I dont build my self up; I defend the TRUTH. I am loving you by striving with your pride filled flesh thinking. 

Which btw, even satan believes! So yes,you may believe but you are NOT reborn of the spirit. You do not have the capacity to understand without the spirit indwelling. YOU MUST REPENT OF YOUR BLASPHEMOUS THINKING. You are in the same boat as the JW which are a cult.

It is better for me to judge you now (according to the word) than you be judged by the Almighty Sovereign LORD. 

You must be reborn  in the spirit! 

A Tree and its Fruit
Matthew 7:…21Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day,‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name,and in Your name drive out demons andperform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.’…

The catholics werent around when Jesus told his apostles that he would send the Holy Spirit. Study acts 2.

The Roman Catholic Church and the Greek Orthodox Church were not birthed until 300- 400ad,the 4th century. 

You are sadly mistaken about most everything you "think" from your carnal mind..

The christian crusades are opposite your thinking!

The papacy killed an estimated 50 million people . It wasnt the the "protesters" ie protestants. The name was placed upon  christians who protested the RC church.

http://www.cs.unc.edu/~plaisted/estimates.html

http://amazingdiscoveries.org/R-Reformation_Rome_crusade_slaughter

I have been very patient with you fixerupper. Over the last couple of days I have provided you with enough study material to keep you busy for months. But your pride wants to say you have it right and evidently everyone on christian sites has it wrong. The sad very sad reality is that you have been deceived. You refuse to repent of your eternally damning thinking! 

I dont believe in coincidence in my life. I believe things happen for a reason. You are not here to teach but you are here because our gracious Sovereign LORD would like you to have the TRUTH at your finger tips so that you will Repent and surrender to the TRUE Christ. God is merciful but he cannot deny his word! 

You are playing russian roulette with your eternal soul. Your pride and your hidden sin will send you to hell  if you do not change course.

I will not strive with you any longer. I feel in my heart that I have provided you with all you need for now. I pray you humble yourself Holy Sovereign God. REPENT! 

I shake the dust from my feet as a testimony against you.

I corinthians 2: 13And this is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. 14The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man judges all things, but he himself is not subject to anyone’s judgment.…

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, fixerupper said:

What problems are you having understanding that Jesus said God is greater?  I know!  You've accepted false and fabricated doctrine!

John 14:28 tells us:

You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.

Where do you find that Jesus said God is greater than He is?  The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are God.  Didn't Jesus tell us in Matthew 28:18:

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.  Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

Do we not read in 1 John 5:7:

For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

There is no need to throw anything out, but there is a need to understand what is written in order to fully understand who God really is.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Jesus as God's Son is God.  Jesus is fully God and fully man.  Jesus never denied being God in whole or in part.  Yes, one must believe Jesus is God.  That is essential biblical doctrine.  Rejecting the biblical truth that Jesus is God places one outside of the Kingdom of God.

This is not the Gospel that gives life.

Ti believe That Jesus was from God, and he died for the forgiveness of our sins, that's is more than enough.

That's puts the believer under the blood.

JESUS CHRIST is the judge of all, and he will never condemn someone to Hell who is under the blood. 

To say that Jesus was the seed of another man, by saying he was a good man, and he died for a cause, just like Socrates, that's condemnation. 

You are not clear when you say "Jesus is God", 

One place that God or the Holy Spirit has never been is in the Hades. And it will remain like that forever. 

For Jesus go to Hades means that he was a man in the likenesses of Adam. 

The Devil was waiting to take Jesus , the man Jesus to Hades.

God can not die, Jesus also took the risk to die Spiritually. 

If Jesus had died Spiritually when he died on the Cross, he will never be Resurrected. 

And God will still be God. 

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

This is not the Gospel that gives life.

Ti believe That Jesus was from God, and he died for the forgiveness of our sins, that's is more than enough.

No, that is not enough.   You have to believe what the Bible says about who Jesus is.  The Bible makes it clear that Jesus is God.   If you are not believing in Jesus who is as both God and man, you are not believing in the true Jesus.  Your faith is in a different Jesus, a Jesus of your own invention.  And that Jesus will not save you.  Any other Jesus than Jesus who is the God/man, is an idol.

That's puts the believer under the blood.

JESUS CHRIST is the judge of all, and he will never condemn someone to Hell who is under the blood. 

To say that Jesus was the seed of another man, by saying he was a good man, and he died for a cause, just like Socrates, that's condemnation. 

You are not clear when you say "Jesus is God", 

Oh I am very clear when I say that Jesus is God.   I am clear enough that you reject it.

One place that God or the Holy Spirit has never been is in the Hades. And it will remain like that forever. 

For Jesus go to Hades means that he was a man in the likenesses of Adam. 

The Devil was waiting to take Jesus , the man Jesus to Hades.

That is false teaching.   Jesus never went to Hell, and the devil never took him there.   You are promoting a false gospel.

God can not die, Jesus also took the risk to die Spiritually. 

Jesus never died spiritually.

If Jesus had died Spiritually when he died on the Cross, he will never be Resurrected. 

And God will still be God. 

Jesus' resurrection is proof that God the Father was satisfied with Jesus' sacrifice.  And it is proof that Jesus did not die spiritually.   As God Jesus cannot die spiritually.

You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.

Where do you find that Jesus said God is greater than He is?  The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are God.  Didn't Jesus tell us in Matthew 28:18:

That's a good one.  You've even underlined it!  This is a great example of outrite denial, fabrication too!

Edited by fixerupper

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

2 minutes ago, fixerupper said:

You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.

That's a good one.  You've even underlined it!  This is a great example of outrite denial, fabrication too!

What does your bible say for John 14:28?  I'd like to know how this is a fabrication and denial, as the only one I see denying scripture I posted is you.

"What are the names and titles of the Holy Spirit?"

Answer: 
The Holy Spirit is known by many names and titles, most of which denote some function or aspect of His ministry. Below are some of the names and descriptions the Bible uses for the Holy Spirit: 

Like I said.  The holy Spirit is the seven spirits of God.  They all have different powers, functions, missions, and responsibilities.  That's why there's a host of words that describe them.  The holy spirit doesn't have a name.  If a trinity is the serious business you make it out to be, if Jesus is God and God is jesus, we should have some idea as the name of this ONE person called the holy spirit that you say is equal to Jesus and the Father who is NOT found in or around the Throne of God!

Edited by fixerupper