IGNORED

JESUS IS GOD

KiwiChristian

Guest Thallasa
On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 6:43 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

Every time I see your name Thalassa, can not help it to remember my childhood, and what we love to do the most, going to "Thalassa", to the sea for a pick nick and swimming. 

That is, in Greece we do not have lakes to go swimming, and we are surounded by thalassa. 

Many of the folk songs are about thalassa. 

The Greek flag has the light blue color of the thalassa, (the sea), and the surf, in a set up that resembles the waves of the sea, with the Cross on the flag and on top of the flag pole, Greece is very proud of their Christian history, and their contribution to the faith. 

Our holidays and our activities are always and all summer weakends by the sea, "thalassa". 

This is the meaning today for the word "thalassa". 

Thank you for replying, and God bless. 

*so you are Greek ,the mystery is solved . :mgdetective:

The Greek islands are so beautiful ,we visited there a long time ago ,and it is truly like paradise .Last week, I went to a Greek shop in a very old French town ,and they make all, the food themselves .My favourite food , because it is so fresh and good for me .

He is Greek ,she is French ,one EO. and one RC.  They are very funny, and I usually spend some time on a chair chatting ,and in there is a good atmosphere . Have been going for years  . Feels like home ,more than here , in France .

We decided the last time that Greek is a nice language to hear , as well as French and Italian , but that .....!!!!.... is not so nice to listen too , even if this culture is quite wonderful ,but I don't want to offend by revealing .

Edited by Thallasa

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

On 6/24/2017 at 11:21 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

Jesus never said that he was equal with God, and I study that scripture Philippians 2:6 , and it says that Jesus was equal with God, before been formed in Mary's womb. 

Whenever there is any possibility of not understanding something, the scribes and pharisees always came to our rescue in scripture.....

John 10:31-33 (NKJV) Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”
33 The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

32 minutes ago, OldCoot said:

Whenever there is any possibility of not understanding something, the scribes and pharisees always came to our rescue in scripture.....

John 10:31-33 (NKJV) Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”
33 The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

Hello OC, I cannot say that it's clear to me what I am supposed to understand out of this post, if you share a few words I will appreciate it. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

On 6/25/2017 at 7:35 AM, Fidei Defensor said:

Amen Kiwi, Jesus is God: 

"while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ," (Titus 2:13) 

"For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body." (Colossians 2:9) 

"Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation." (Colossians 1:15) 

"Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made." (John 1:3) 

"For in Him all things were created, things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities. All things were created through Him and for Him." (Colossians 1:16) 

" After his baptism, as Jesus came up out of the water, the heavens were opened[b] and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and settling on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy.” (Matthew 3:16-17). 

"I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. 23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me." (John 17:22-23) 

"“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us)." (Matthew 1:23) 

"And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins." (Matthew 1:21). Only God can forgive sins. 

"If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved." (Romans 10:9-10). Lord means LORD (Jehovah, God of Israel). Thanks to King James and the need to not repeat God's name over and over, they substituted Jehovah with Lord in the Bible, so really Romans reads, "If you confess Jesus is God of Israel," that very different than just saying "Jesus is Lord," for some might think lord is like an authority or ruler. 

Jesus is most certainly God, just as the Father and Holy Spirit is God: 

"Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.

For to which of the angels did God ever say,

“You are my Son,
    today I have begotten you”?

Or again,

“I will be to him a father,
    and he shall be to me a son”?

And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says,

“Let all God's angels worship him.”

Of the angels he says,

“He makes his angels winds,
    and his ministers a flame of fire.”

But of the Son he says,

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
    the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has anointed you
    with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.”

10 And,

“You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning,
    and the heavens are the work of your hands;
11 they will perish, but you remain;
    they will all wear out like a garment,
12 like a robe you will roll them up,
    like a garment they will be changed.[a]
But you are the same,
    and your years will have no end.”

13 And to which of the angels has he ever said,

“Sit at my right hand
    until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”?

14 Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?" (Hebrews 1:1-14). 

The correct punctuation for this: "while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ," (Titus 2:13)  is: "while........the glory of our God, and Savior Jesus Christ." Similarly all the other verses can be refuted. We have one One God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

8 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Hello OC, I cannot say that it's clear to me what I am supposed to understand out of this post, if you share a few words I will appreciate it. 

It is quite simple.  The OP said that Yeshua didn't claim to be God.  In the scripture reference I posted, the scribes and pharisees who were face to face with Yeshua sure thought that is what He was claiming.  So, that was my point, when there is any doubt about what Yeshua is claiming, the scribes and pharisees came to our rescue and confirmed what Yeshua was claiming.   Yet, almost 2000 years later, some who have never met Yeshua face to face and heard Him speak at the Temple seem to think that He wasn't claiming to be God.  The eye witnesses sure thought so.

Edited by OldCoot

11 hours ago, OldCoot said:

2 hours ago, OldCoot said:

It is quite simple.  The OP said that Yeshua didn't claim to be God.  In the scripture reference I posted, the scribes and pharisees who were face to face with Yeshua sure thought that is what He was claiming.  So, that was my point, when there is any doubt about what Yeshua is claiming, the scribes and pharisees came to our rescue and confirmed what Yeshua was claiming.   Yet, almost 2000 years later, some who have never met Yeshua face to face and heard Him speak at the Temple seem to think that He wasn't claiming to be God.  The eye witnesses sure thought so.

Hello OC, I read the scripture of John 10:32 , in that scripture Jesus tells the Farisees. 

"Many good works I have shown you from my Father, for which one do you want to stone me".

Is it because Jesus said, the good works were

"from my Father" that got him in trouble with the Farisees. 

Do you think when the Farisees heard Jesus say:

"from my Father",  

That's why the Farisees got mad. 

Why would that make them mad , don't you find it strange, that someone within that culture is in danger for being stone , just because he may say:

"from my Father"? 

On 6/24/2017 at 11:57 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

While I appreciate your thoughts, at the same time it does not state as to why the world needed a SAVIOR. 

This is the most important aspect of the Gospel, to understand the need of the Savior. 

Since the resurrection of Jesus Christ we do not need a SAVIOR anymore, that's what Paul was teaching. 

They are so many scriptures that explain that, and Paul kept repeating that, as well as Peter, and not only those two. 

10 hours ago, Yowm said:

Could you please elaborate?

I have to be careful with my words, as I am expecting to be put under the microscope because of the words I use to explain the concepts I have in mind. 

Because I am not fluent in English, I use the events that took place, and the understanding of those envolved. 

I need the answer to this question. 

What the Jews believe that happened to them after they die? 

And for the fact that Abraham was their FATHER, what happened to Abraham when he died? 

And to Issac and to Jacob. 

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Hello OC, I read the scripture of John 10:32 , in that scripture Jesus tells the Farisees. 

"Many good works I have shown you from my Father, for which one do you want to stone me".

Is it because Jesus said, the good works were

"from my Father" that got him in trouble with the Farisees. 

Do you think when the Farisees heard Jesus say:

"from my Father",  

That's why the Farisees got mad. 

Why would that make them mad , don't you find it strange, that someone within that culture is in danger for being stone , just because he may say:

"from my Father"? 

If you read the 5 verses preceding the ones I posted, you should have your answer.  As for getting mad, those folks were on a power, prestige, and money game.  They did all the right things, as it pertains to the Law, but their heart was in themselves and not towards God.

Edited by OldCoot

On 6/24/2017 at 11:57 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

While I appreciate your thoughts, at the same time it does not state as to why the world needed a SAVIOR. 

This is the most important aspect of the Gospel, to understand the need of the Savior. 

Since the resurrection of Jesus Christ we do not need a SAVIOR anymore, that's what Paul was teaching. 

They are so many scriptures that explain that, and Paul kept repeating that, as well as Peter, and not only those two. 

12 hours ago, Yowm said:

Could you please elaborate?

I have to be careful with my words, as I am expecting to be put under the microscope because of the words I use to explain the concepts I have in mind. 

Because I am not fluent in English, I use the events that took place, and the understanding of those envolved. 

I need the answer to this question. 

What the Jews believe that happened to them after they die? 

And for the fact that Abraham was their FATHER, what happened to Abraham when he died? 

And to Issac and to Jacob. 

9 minutes ago, Yowm said:

You deflected from my question asking if you could clarify the above statement. Please, can you clarify?

I need your understanding to the question I posted, "what do the Jews believe happened to them after they died, at the time before the Cross, and Abraham. 

I must know what you believe, and taylor my reply within your specific understanding. 

We need to identify the foundation on which we are about to build, which will lead us to the requested answer. 

I should follow the scriptures and the teachings of the disciples. 

If by reading the scriptures I was enlighten about something , which I am not keeping to myself, the samething can happen to anyone elses. 

So far as you do not know the consept in my mind, you may judge what I said, but that doesn't mean that your judgement is correct. 

PS 

Hope that you keep in mind that I am not a preacher who prosecutes every one who does not bow down to him. 

Just discussing for discovery, and if I find out where I am not correct, I will admit it, and that many might benefit. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

1 hour ago, OldCoot said:

If you read the 5 verses preceding the ones I posted, you should have your answer.  As for getting mad, those folks were on a power, prestige, and money game.  They did all the right things, as it pertains to the Law, but their heart was in themselves and not towards God.

They also did a lot of things not ordained by God which put a yoke around the peoples necks.