• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

Just believing in someone named "Jesus" means nothing unless we are talking about the Jesus Christ of the Bible. The one, eternal, everlasting, uncreated God. The one who created ALL things.  It is like if you know someone called "bob" and i know another person called "bob". Now, can we have a conversation about "bob" without defining WHO we are talking about? No.

The mormon, Jehovahs Witness, Seventh Day Adventist, UPCI, etc.  "Jesus" is NOT the Jesus Christ of the Bible.

Did Jesus really say He was God?

That’s exactly how Jesus’ original audience seemed to take it when He said, “I and the Father are one.” In fact, the Jews were ready to kill Him right there! Why? “Because you,” they said, “a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33).

On another occasion, He used the personal name of Israel’s God–the name revealed to Moses (Exodus 3:14)–to refer to Himself. And He even used the Torah for context, so no one would misunderstand Him: “Before Abraham was, I AM” (John 8:58). This would be about wild as telling a Muslim, “I am your God, Allah.” Don’t try that in Saudi Arabia! It’s no wonder the Jews tried to stone Him to death. That was the exact penalty for blasphemy under the Jewish legal system. It was pretty clear to everyone there  that He was saying, “I am Israel’s God.”

Why Jesus is God? The Apostle Thomas called Jesus God.John 20:27-29: 2. The Apostle Peter called Jesus God.2 Peter 1:1: 3.The Apostle John called Jesus God.John 1:1-3, 4.God the Father called Jesus God.Hebrews 1:8: 5. God the Father called Jesus God. 6.Isaiah the Prophet said the Messiah would be God.Isaiah 9:67. The Jews who crucified Jesus understood Him to be saying that He was equal with God.John 5:18: 8.Jesus called Himself "I AM", the Old Testament name for God (Exodus 3:14).John 8:58-59. 9.Jesus calls Himself "the Alpha and Omega," the title of Almighty God.Revelation 22:12-13. 10. Like God (Gen. 1:1) Jesus created.Colossians 1:16-1711. Like God, Jesus forgives sin.Mark 2:5-7, 10-11:12. Like God, Jesus gives eternal life.John 10:27-28: 13. Like God, Jesus received, receives and will receive worship.Matthew 14:32-33. 14. Jesus said that only God was good; and Jesus was good. John 10:11: "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep."John 10:11: "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep."Jesus was as good as they come. He was "sinless," "holy," "righteous," "innocent," "undefiled," and "separate from sinners." (Hebrews 7:26) That's pretty good! 15. Like God, Jesus can be present in more than one place at the same time.Matthew 18:20: 16. One of Jesus' titles is "God with us."Matthew 1:23. 17. Jesus' blood is called God's blood.Acts 20:28: 18. Jesus has the same nature as God.Hebrews 1:3a: 19. Jesus spoke as God.Jesus did not speak as one of God's prophets: "thus says the Lord," but as God: "I say to you."Matthew 5:27-29. 20. Like God (Psalm 136:3), Jesus is called the Lord of Lords and King of kings.Revelation 17:14. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. ( WHEN WAS GOD PIERCED? ). And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel (means God Among Us). 

John 1:1 "Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ Λόγος καὶ ὁ Λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν Θεόν Θεὸς ἦν ὁ Λόγος  ",  "En archē ēn ho Logos kai ho Logos ēn pros ton Theon kai Theos ēn ho Logos", "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and God was the Word"

John 1:14, "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."

John 8:58 "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." Crossreference with Exodus 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."

John 10:33 "The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God."

John 20:28 "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God."

Collossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."

Hebrews 1:8 "But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: "

Matthew 4:10 "Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve." Crossreference with Matthew 2:2, Matthew 2:11, Matthew 28:9.

Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God." Crossreference with Revelation 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he." and Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

Amen Kiwi, Jesus is God: 

"while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ," (Titus 2:13) 

"For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body." (Colossians 2:9) 

"Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation." (Colossians 1:15) 

"Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made." (John 1:3) 

"For in Him all things were created, things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities. All things were created through Him and for Him." (Colossians 1:16) 

" After his baptism, as Jesus came up out of the water, the heavens were opened[b] and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and settling on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy.” (Matthew 3:16-17). 

"I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. 23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me." (John 17:22-23) 

"“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us)." (Matthew 1:23) 

"And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins." (Matthew 1:21). Only God can forgive sins. 

"If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved." (Romans 10:9-10). Lord means LORD (Jehovah, God of Israel). Thanks to King James and the need to not repeat God's name over and over, they substituted Jehovah with Lord in the Bible, so really Romans reads, "If you confess Jesus is God of Israel," that very different than just saying "Jesus is Lord," for some might think lord is like an authority or ruler. 

Jesus is most certainly God, just as the Father and Holy Spirit is God: 

"Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.

For to which of the angels did God ever say,

“You are my Son,
    today I have begotten you”?

Or again,

“I will be to him a father,
    and he shall be to me a son”?

And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says,

“Let all God's angels worship him.”

Of the angels he says,

“He makes his angels winds,
    and his ministers a flame of fire.”

But of the Son he says,

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
    the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has anointed you
    with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.”

10 And,

“You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning,
    and the heavens are the work of your hands;
11 they will perish, but you remain;
    they will all wear out like a garment,
12 like a robe you will roll them up,
    like a garment they will be changed.[a]
But you are the same,
    and your years will have no end.”

13 And to which of the angels has he ever said,

“Sit at my right hand
    until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”?

14 Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?" (Hebrews 1:1-14). 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

JESUS is the SAVIOR 

The world needed a SAVIOR 

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: (Php 2:6)

For one to think Himself equal to God means he is deceived or deluded if that person is not God and therefore not qualified to be a Savior since he has untrue thoughts.

For Jesus to have such thoughts and be a Savior then he must be God.

While I appreciate your thoughts, at the same time it does not state as to why the world needed a SAVIOR. 

This is the most important aspect of the Gospel, to understand the need of the Savior. 

Since the resurrection of Jesus Christ we do not need a SAVIOR anymore, that's what Paul was teaching. 

They are so many scriptures that explain that, and Paul kept repeating that, as well as Peter, and not only those two. 

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

I was addressing the title of this thread, "Jesus is God" when I quoted Phil 2:6.

I wasn't addressing the point that He is also Savior.

And I will re-read your post, carefully and not just to pick an argument, but for my self. 

And just talking about the OP, the scriptures teach us that the man Jesus, died on the Cross. 

32 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: (Php 2:6)

For one to think Himself equal to God means he is deceived or deluded if that person is not God and therefore not qualified to be a Savior since he has untrue thoughts.

For Jesus to have such thoughts and be a Savior then he must be God.

Jesus never said that he was equal with God, and I study that scripture Philippians 2:6 , and it says that Jesus was equal with God, before been formed in Mary's womb. 

• Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

What makes me most sad about the Jehovah Witnesses is they have maligned the name of Jehovah. Now you can't use that name of God without people assuming your a Jehovah Witness. :'( 

You are right Kiwi, the Jehovah Witness, Mormon, Coptic, Origen, Islam's Isa, and other cult christs are not the true Jesus Christ. The Mormon and other cultic christs are what Jesus said would be, "false christs and false prophets will come with many signs and wonders to deceive if possible the Elect." (Matthew 24:24). 

The True Jesus Christ as He is to be believe in is contained in The Holy Bible, Old and New Testaments. From the Scriptures we then have Spirit of God testifying about Him in our hearts and lives until He returns on the clouds (Revelation 1:7, Revelation 19:11-16). 

9 minutes ago, Yowm said:

The God/man died on the cross. You can't separate the two natures of Christ, especially with the events surrounding the Crucifixion.

We need an explanation about this essegesis, to say "the God-Man died on the Cross. 

And we will appreciate to know about the first time that this term for Jesus began to sirculate in, and the group that began to refered to Jesus in this term at the Cross. 

The man Jesus died on the Cross.

Just before the moment of his Jesus Knew he was clean and that he died clean. 

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
(Joh 8:58)
No man ever used that phrase (ego eimi) except Jesus, referring back to the burning bush.

This is another essegesis into scripture. 

And this is why, when Jesus said something, of great importance , as when he said "destroy this Temple and I will rebuild it in three days", the disciples discuss it, among them selfs, and repeat it in their speaches. 

And there many reasons why, and one of them, is that the Holy Spirit brought it back to their memory. 

In this case at bar, there is not such a reference, from any of the disciples, and is not in the scriptures, that when Jesus said: what did he say? He did not speak in English.

And he never said what he was saying it is exactly as the Pharisees perceived it. 

Again when this began to sirculate and by what group and when, searching for its origin.

9 minutes ago, Yowm said:

If only a man died on the cross, then his death would only be sufficient for one other man.

Since it was the God/man then  His death was sufficient for the whole world.

Brother Yowm, I did not say that Jesus had Joseph or someone else as his Father. 

The same as the scriptures, Jesus was : the seed of the woman". 

He was "the second Adam".