bryan

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I've been asked to start organizing a topic based bible study for a small group.   All attending will be Christians and the intent is to provide teens and young adults with lessons useful to them as they leave their home and start establishing their own life in work, college, etc.

Instead of starting out by studying scripture directly, all bible studies will start with a topic like 'dating', then discuss the topic interactively by using scripture as well as biblical culture and history.    The bible will provide all foundation parts of every discussion and anything included will need to be verifiable in scripture.  

At this point, I'd like to collect a list of topics with any related scripture that could go with that topic.  I'll organize the topics into an outline to define an order to introduce them, then start building a lesson for each topic.  

This looks like a fun project and I'd welcome your help.  What topics do you think should be included?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,556
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"Dating, who needs it?"

Thoughts:

-If you are going to be a Bible expositor, and also do topical studies including application for today, how are you going to make that application connection regarding dating?

Is there any Biblical dating at all?

What was the habit and the guidance  within the Bible on the pairing of the male with the female? Did it include dating?  

When did dating become a custom for man and for wo-man, if it has, and where is it custom today?

Is dating universal or is it very limited in the world of today?

How does one find company, and how does one socialize.? Is that different from being paired into a life long union? If so what are it's rules if any that may be found within the Bible? Is dating totally extra-biblical exercise?