IGNORED

Matthew 24: Rapture, Second Coming or Both?

rollinTHUNDER

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Note: Matthew 24 text will be in Red, all other scripture will be in Purple

After nearly 2000 years, Christ’s Olivet Discourse still remains a hotly debated subject among biblical scholars, not only because of the controversial rapture and/or second coming issue, but also because many scholars surprisingly contend that it has already been fulfilled. My interpretation differs widely from most Eschatology scholar’s, mainly because the vast majority of them have reached their conclusions without studying the entire text.  To be clear, most scholars do not include Matthew 25, probably because they are either intimidated by Christ’s parables, cannot reconcile them with their beliefs about Matthew 24 or maybe they don’t believe the parables are related.  It seems obvious to me, though, that if a theory must ignore or is incompatible with these parables, then it is likely an incorrect interpretation.  Christ provided these parables so that the wise could better understand this profound mystery, but at the same time, they would also be a stumbling block for the wicked or foolish.

Matthew 13:10-11 – “And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?” 11 He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.”
It is because of these parables that I have gained a better understanding, which has allowed me to go much deeper into this subject.  After years of study, it’s my humble opinion that if a theory or interpretation of Matthew 24 is going to carry any weight, it must be compatible with all of the parables that follow into chapter 25 as well, which is the rest of Christ’s answer to His disciple’s question.  I don’t view this as a competition with other scholars, but I do believe my interpretation is the only one, that I’m aware of, anyway, that fits this criterion.  To my surprise, going deeper in these parables has also led me to the discovery of a brand new rapture theory.  Though, it was never my intention to design or create a new rapture theory.  It just seemed to happen while I was breaking down Christ’s answer to His disciple’s question about the sign of His coming (Matthew 24:3).  In fact, I didn’t even realize I had a new theory until after I had finished proof reading the first copy of my book, which includes a complete breakdown of Matthew 24 and 25, and also includes my interpretation of these parables.
Matthew 13:34-35 – “Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything to them without using a parable. 35 So was fulfilled what was spoken through the prophet:
“I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter things hidden since the creation of the world.”
Most scholars agree that the events written in Mathew 24 will be fulfilled sometime in the near future, but, again, an overwhelming majority of them have not included chapter 25 in their study.  The most popular rapture theory teaches that Matthew 24 only relates to the physical second coming of Christ to the earth (pre-tribulation rapture).  The second most popular theory (post-tribulation rapture) teaches that Mathew 24 relates to both, the rapture and the second coming.  And this is where my theory begins to separate from all others, because in my view, Matthew 24 reveals only the rapture, not Christ’s physical second coming to the earth.  It’s not the text that is controversial; but rather, the way that many have interpreted it.  And by simply studying the entire text, one thing I’ve discovered is that verse (31) is key in both chapters.  Matthew 24:31 is the rapture, while Matthew 25:31 is the second coming.  So without any further ado, let’s dive in and breakdown Matthew 24 and I’ll share some other things I’ve discovered as well. 
Matthew 24:1-2 (MEV) – Jesus departed from the temple and was leaving when His disciples came to show Him the temple buildings. Jesus answered them, “Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another that shall not be thrown down.”
The passage above is the only portion of Matthew 24 that has already been fulfilled, when the Roman armies sacked Jerusalem about 40 years later, in AD 70.  Notice that Jesus was just leaving the Temple in the passage above.  Then there was probably a long pause, before His disciples’ asked Him the most interesting question.  Notice in the next passage, that they were now sitting on the Mount of Olives.  I suppose that they must have been pondering or imagining the future destruction of the Temple, as they walked their way up the Mount of Olives, which led to their next question, in private or while they were away from the crowd that was leaving the Temple.
Matthew 24:3  “As He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of Your coming and of the end of the age?”
This is a very interesting question, indeed. Though it can’t be proven, I get the sense, that as they asked this question; His disciple’s probably presumed that the destruction of the temple and the sign of his coming and the end of the age would all occur in close proximity to each other or near the same time, and that they would still be alive to see it all.  Nevertheless, we now know that was not the case, as the fulfillments of these events were many centuries apart.  Christ made no further mention of the temple in His answer.  The temple was destroyed in the first century, yet here we are today, still waiting for the sign of His coming and the end of the age to be fulfilled.  Notice below, that Christ devoted His entire lengthy answer to their question, concerning only the sign of His coming and the end of the age, not the temple.
Matthew 24:4-8
“Jesus answered them, “Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled. For all these things must happen, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines, epidemics, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.”
As I stated earlier, some scholars actually believe all of these things have already been fulfilled in the first century.  And there are other scholars that believe the first-half of Daniel’s 70th week (Dan. 9:27 – final 7 years) has already been fulfilled as well; which would leave only the abomination of desolation and the great tribulation, the final 3.5 years before Christ returns remaining.  I disagree with both positions above.  I contend that everything in Christ’s answer will be fulfilled in the future, the entire seven years.  That’s 3.5 years (birth pains), plus 3.5 years (great trib.).  His answer relates only to the sign of His coming.  His disciples probably expected to be alive to see the sign of His coming when they asked Him this question, but since He still has not returned since ascending into the clouds, none of these things apply to their generation.  All of these signs apply to the final generation that will witness His coming.
Not only have we had impostors claiming to be Christ, but we have also seen many cults come in His name as well, and they have deceived multitudes of believers.  Today we can really relate to the wars and rumors of wars as they are broadcasted daily on television, but they will only increase.  Famines and diseases were few in the first century but they will become more widespread the closer we get to the time of the end.  Earthquakes were also rare 2000 years ago, but they’ve been steadily increasing.  We can expect them to start popping all over the world like popcorn when His coming nears.  Christ said these things are the beginning of sorrows (birth pains), which is another sign.  All of these things will be increasing in frequency and intensity, just like the labor pains of a pregnant woman.  These signs must be important, because Paul and John left us clues about them as well (like a woman in travail with child), which relate to the nearness of His coming and a future time of pseudo-peace.
1 Thessalonians 5:1-3“But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.”

Revelation 12:1-2“And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.” 
Continued...

Matthew 24:9-14“Then they will hand you over to be persecuted and will kill you. And you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 Then many will fall away, and betray one another, and hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will rise and will deceive many. 12 Because iniquity will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.”

Many scholars relate the persecution in the passage above to His disciples in the first century, but as I stated earlier, it’s all about the sign of His coming, which they never saw, so it still points to the future.  The final end-time persecution against Christians will be much worse as it will become worldwide.  Notice He said we will be hated by all nations.  We can already see the elite trying to forge a global government, which will include a global religion headed up by the Pope and be adopted by the United Nations.  We can already see that many of the denominations that broke away from Roman Catholicism during the Reformation are now beginning to go back, pledging their allegiance to the Pope once again.  This is not good news for the true believers who put their faith in God and His Word.  They are already labeling us as intolerant and politically incorrect.  Those who believe that Christ is the way, the truth and the life will become an obstacle for global religion, and they will be hated.  The day will come when Christians are hunted down and killed on a global scale.
Now put your helmets on and prepare yourself for this next bombshell!  The most extraordinary thing I’ve discovered in these parables are the three rewards that believers will receive as the result of the judgment seat of Christ.  However, two of these rewards involve punishment, and one of them is more severe than the other.  I like to think of these rewards as (cold, hot and lukewarm), as we can already see the cold begin to separate in the passage above.  Notice that many will fall away and the love of many will grow cold.  We often hear people saying they don’t want to be found lukewarm when Christ returns, but the state of being cold is far worse than being lukewarm.  Paul also warned us that this falling away would occur, before the abomination of desolation, and before our gathering together unto the Lord (see 2 Thes. 2: below).
2 Thessalonians 2:1-4“Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.”

Matthew 24:15-22“When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: 17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take anything out of his house: 18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. 19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.”

Daniel 12:1 “And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.”

The abomination of desolation is when the 7 year covenant with many (Daniel’s 70th week) will be broken in the middle, or after only 3 ½ years, and it will usher in the great tribulation lasting 1260 days, 42 months and/or 3 ½ years.  This final 3 ½ years is when Satan is cast to the earth, full of wrath, knowing he has but a short time left (Rev. 12:12-17).  The beast will be given authority to continue for 42 months (Rev. 13:5-8).  When the Jewish remnant (Daniel’s descendants) sees the abomination of desolation they will escape by fleeing to the mountains.  The great tribulation is also what Daniel called the “time of trouble” (stop here and compare the underlined text in the 2 passages above).
The great tribulation will become the most perilous time in the history of man, never to be equaled again.  When all is said and done, half of the world’s population will have been killed (Rev. 6:8, 9:15).  But those days will be shortened for the sake of the elect; otherwise no flesh would be saved.  In other words, all Christian’s would be killed if those days were not shortened; but we know that Christ will save (rescue/rapture) those who are ready when He appears to gather His elect.  However, Christ also said that only those who endure to the end will be saved (verse 13).  So many Christian’s will be hated and killed (Matt. 24:9), which is really nothing new, but, this too, will grow much worse as we approach the time of the end.
Matthew 24:23-28“Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.”
The passage above flies right in the face of those who subscribe to the pre-tribulation rapture theory. Just as Paul said, our gathering together unto the Lord will not come until after the falling away, and after the abomination of desolation (2 Thes. 2:1-4).   Now we see Christ is also warning about the impostor, the son of perdition coming before Him as well.  Then He related the coming of the Son of man to be like lightening splitting the eastern sky.  In other words, there’s no need in looking for Him on the earth.  Look up, in the clouds, above Jerusalem, where His dead body was once laid in the tomb below.  This is where His elect will be gathering together (rapture), from the north, east, south and west (four winds).  Continued...

Matthew 24:29-30 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.”
Most scholars believe that the passage above is about the second coming; even though, some of them believe it is both, the rapture and the second coming.  As I said earlier, I wholeheartedly disagree with both positions.  It matters not that it occurs immediately after the great tribulation, because the rapture and second coming both will occur after the tribulation, though, not on the same day as some scholars believe, and the rapture will not occur seven years before the second coming, as others believe.  The end of the great tribulation is not the end of the age, as several events need to happen from that point, including the fulfillment of the fall feasts, the rapture, the hour of trial, Israel will be saved, the second coming and God’s wrath.  Daniel 12:11-12 says there will be an additional 45 days remaining after the great tribulation ends:
Daniel 12:11-12“And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. 12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.”

I believe that when the Lord returns, He will fulfill the fall feasts (Trumpets, Atonement & Tabernacles), just as He fulfilled the spring feasts (Passover, Unleavened Bread, First Fruits & Pentecost) during His first coming.  Unlike the first three spring feasts happening in just a few days (death, burial and resurrection); it will take three full weeks to complete the three fall feasts, which easily fit within the additional 45 days.  These feasts must be fulfilled, and Christ is the only one who can fulfill them.  These are the Lord’s appointed times (Leviticus 23) and they are all about Christ.  In His first coming, He came as the Lamb of God, fulfilling the spring feasts.  His second coming will be as the Lion of Judah (fall feasts).
Some scholars believe  Matt. 24:29 above relates to the second coming because of the cosmic disturbance (sun, moon & stars).  They mistakenly believe it is the same cosmic disturbance that we find in Revelation 6:12-14 (6th seal).  At first glance they may appear to be the same, but they are not.  After closer observation, the phase of the moon is what sets them apart.  The moon in Matt. 24:29 does not give its light, signifying that it is a new moon, which is the way it appears just before the first tiny sliver of the new moon becomes visible.  This phase fits the feast of Trumpets exactly, and it is the only feast that no one knows the day or the hour it will begin.  The Feast of Trumpets can only begin after the first tiny sliver of the new moon has been observed and witnessed.  It’s a two day feast, because sometimes the moon will not appear until the next day.  However, the moon we see in Revelation 6 is much different.  It’s a blood moon, a full lunar eclipse.  A full moon phase does not appear until two full weeks after the new moon phase.  The third and final fall feast, Tabernacles, is a seven day feast that is always accompanied by a full moon on the first day.  These are clearly not the same, no comparison, not to mention the sixth seal also has a great earthquake, whereas Matthew 24 does not.
Feast of Trumpets = (new moon) Rapture – last will be first
Day of Atonement = Israel will be saved – first will be last
Feast of Tabernacles = (blood moon) Second coming & God’s wrath
Note: The Hour of Trial (Rev. 3:10, 6:9-11, 13:7-8) occurs between the rapture & second coming, as those days will be shortened for the sake of the elect.  This is when the martyrs will be overcome by the beast, and God’s wrath won’t come until the last one has been killed (Rev. 6:9-11).
Finally, the sign of His coming!  Every eye will see Him coming in the clouds, as this sign will light the sky, like lightning flashing from east to west.  There will be no secret rapture as some believe.  The appearing of the sign of the Son of man is precisely what His disciple’s asked Him for, the sign of His coming.  Some believe this is the second coming, not the rapture, because all of the tribes of the earth will mourn when they see Him coming in the clouds.  However, notice that He said all the tribes of the earth will mourn, not everyone, like we see in the 6th seal (Rev. 6:15).  There’s a very good reason the tribes will mourn.  When the rapture occurs, it will signal the end of the times of the Gentiles, who will trample the Holy city for 42 months (Rev. 11:2, great trib.).  The tribes of the earth refer to the tribes of Israel, and ten of the 12 tribes are still scattered in the nations of the world.  But when they see this sign, they will look up and know their redemption is near (Luke 21:25-28).  And then, Israel will finally mourn for the one they have pierced (Zech. 12:10).  They will repent and I believe He will forgive and save Israel on the Day of Atonement, the second fall feast.
Romans 11:25-27 “For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.” 
Continued...

Matthew 24:31 – And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Verse (31) above is the rapture, not Christ’s physical second coming to the earth.  It corresponds with what Paul said about it (compare passage below).  Remember, (Matt. 24:29) above tells us this event occurs immediately after the tribulation of those days.  First, notice that in both passages (above and below), Christ or the Son of man is descending from heaven or coming in the clouds of heaven.  Notice that both mention a gathering together or meeting in the clouds.  And notice, also, that both gatherings are preceded by the blast of a trumpet.  And finally, notice that neither one mentions a physical returning to the earth at that time, nor is there any mention of God’s wrath in either of them.  And there are also differences in them as well.  Christ did not mention the resurrection of the dead, because He was answering His disciple’s question about the sign of His coming, which is for those who will be alive to see it.  The dead won’t need to see a sign.  Paul, on the other hand, included the resurrection, because when we read the entire text (1 Thes. 4:13-18), he was trying to comfort those who had already lost love ones, and telling them they would see them again and be caught up together with them (the dead) in the clouds…
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 (KJV) – “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”
Some believers don’t believe in the rapture, simply because the word “rapture” is not found in God’s Word; but neither is the word “trinity” found in God’s Word, yet we don’t deny God in three persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit).  Yes it’s true that neither Christ nor Paul called this event the rapture.  There simply wasn’t a simple term then to describe this previously unknown future event.  So they said a phase that described it instead.  Today, this future event is very well known, and we simply call it the rapture, short and simple.  I’m sure that all of this is still not enough evidence to prove it’s the rapture for some of you, but that’s no problem.  That’s why He gave us the parables that follow.  And once you understand them, it should become as clear as a sunny day.
Matthew 24:32-36  Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. 36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.”
As I stated earlier, all of the following parables relate to the appearing of the sign of the Son of man and/or the gathering together of His elect.  The parable of the fig tree above is very easy to understand and most scholars agree that it relates to the generation that will see His coming.  Many believe the fig tree itself represents the nation of Israel, and that the generation that sees Israel become a nation again will be the generation that would not pass away before all of these things are fulfilled.  His disciples did not see all of these things fulfilled, as some claim, especially the abomination of desolation and the sign of the Son of man, as these events are still unfulfilled today.  The terminal generation will most definitely see all these things.  The passage above concludes with “no man knows the day or hour,” which is an ancient Jewish idiom that relates to Yom Teruah (Feast of Trumpets).  It is the only feast that begins after the first tiny sliver of the new moon appears which also fits in very nicely with Matt. 24:29 above.
Matthew 24:37-44But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. 43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. 44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.”
The passage above, as well as all of the following parables were designed to help us understand the judgment seat of Christ or the judgment of the house of God (1 Pet. 4:17-18), which begins with the gathering of His elect.  This post is getting very long now, so I will not provide a full breakdown of these parables as I did in my book.  Instead I will just point out a few things of importance and some stumbling blocks that sidetrack the foolish.  Unfortunately, the foolish are not the only ones that trip over the stumbling blocks in these parables, as believers often stumble over them as well.
When I visit Christian forums online, it is very common to find believers arguing about the one will be taken and the other left, as to which one they believe is destroyed by the flood.  They have totally missed the clue and tripped over the stumbling block.  Since they believe Matthew 24 is about the Second coming, they focus on God’s wrath, instead of the sign of the Son of man/gathering of His elect.  There is no wrath in Matthew 24.  The one is taken and the other is left pertains to the gathering of the elect in all of the following parables.  The parable of Noah is the only parable that has a hint of wrath (flood), but it’s actually just a stumbling block.  There’s is no wrath found in Matthew 24.
God’s wrath comes at the end of chapter 25, when Christ returns to judge the nations (second coming), when the goats are destroyed (end of the age).  According to scripture, Christ cannot judge the nations or the world until he first judges the house of God (1 Pet. 4:17-18).  They have completely overlooked that Noah and his family was saved (rescued), which is a type of rapture.  They also missed the clue Christ gave about “eating and drinking, marrying and given in marriage.”  This represents the wedding supper (rapture).  When we go back and read about Noah and the flood in Genesis, there is no mention of eating, drinking, marrying and given in marriage.  This is a clue He added into this parable so the wise could make the connection and understand.
It starts getting very interesting when He added another clue that is not found in the account of Noah.  “Then two will be in the field, one shall be taken and the other left.  Two women will be grinding at the mill, one shall be taken and the other left.”  This interesting and mysterious clue relates directly to the gathering together of His elect, and Christ gave us all of the parables that follow, to help us understand what He meant by it.  They were also commanded to watch and be ready.  So this cannot be about the second coming, as we will be coming with Him then.  No, this clue is about the gathering of His elect.  Another clue he added, the thief that was coming to break up the house (Church) and/or cutting it asunder (in two).  All of these parables relate to the judgment of the house of God (His servants), until we come to the judgment of the nations (sheep and goats) at the end of chapter 25 (second coming).
If you remember, earlier I told you about three (3) rewards for believers (cold, hot and lukewarm), and that two of them involved punishment.  The cold do not endure to the end.  They will fall away when persecution comes, before the abomination of desolation, so they do not play any part in the parables.  Sadly, they will lose their positions in the kingdom, no longer saints that will return with Christ, but instead they will be ruled over by the saints that return with Christ, as we will see later.  They have actually disqualified themselves before Christ appears to reward His servants.  God will still protect them, provided they don’t take the mark of the beast.  We will see them again in the end, as the sheep that will be separated from the goats, when Christ returns to judge the nations, which will determine which mortals will be aloud entrance into the millennial kingdom.
All of the parables preceding the judgment of the nation’s (sheep & goats) only focus on the judgment of the hot and lukewarm, when the Lord descends in the clouds to gather together His elect; with the exception of the parable of the fig tree (final generation).  Remember, two will be in the field, one is taken and the other left.  This is the rapture for those who are ready (hot), and it is also when the (lukewarm) will be spit out of His mouth (the one who was left).  It was very revealing when He said, “the one shall be taken and the other left.”  This shows that He will render His judgment/reward for both at the same time.  But remember, the cold have already fallen away prior to His appearing, so they are not given their portion until the judgment of the nations (sheep & goats) at the second coming.
Revelation 3:10-11Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth. 11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.”
Revelation 3:15-16I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarmneither hot nor coldI am about to spit you out of my mouth.”  Continued...

Matthew 24:45-51 “Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? 46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods. 48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; 49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; 50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, 51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
The parable above provides another view of the hot and lukewarm from yet another perspective.  The faithful/wise servant (hot) will rule of over His household, and be given meat in due season (wedding supper).  Now verse (46) is often overlooked, but it is a very powerful nugget, as it tells what He will be looking for in His faithful servants.  He’s looking for doers, not just believers or hearers only.
Luke 12:42-44“And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.”
This is where the rubber meets the road.  We see the faithful servant being rewarded in the passage above.  But now let’s take a look at what happens to the servants that are not ready or unworthy when He comes for them.  Notice in the passage below that it says they will be left with the unbelievers, and also notice that there are two punishments, one more severe than the other.
Luke 12:45-48“But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; 46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant, which knew his lord’s will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.”
The elect will be Christ’s chosen when He returns, as they are His faithful and wise servants.  The lukewarm will not be ready, so they will have to enter the hour of trial (Rev. 3:10), where they will be purified.  Unfortunately, they will pay a very high price, as they will become the martyrs who are overcome by the beast (Rev. 13:7-8).  However, the good news is that their deeds follow them, so they will be rewarded a little later (Rev. 14:13), and they will also return with Christ and reign with Him (Rev. 20:4).  But it’s very important to note, that not all martyrs will be rewarded later, only the ones who are left after Christ appears.  The martyrs that were killed before Christ appears will be resurrected with the dead in Christ (1 Thes. 4:16-17).
I know, most of you have always heard that the entire Church will be raptured.  I wish that were true, but I can find no scripture to support that assumption.  My view doesn’t tickle any ears, I’m sure.  It’s very sobering, so it’s almost guaranteed not to be popular, which is fine with me, because the Lord didn’t call me to be popular.  But the Lord is telling us, Himself, that only half of His saints will be ready when He appears.  One will be taken and the other left.  And He gave us the parable of Ten Virgins as confirmation, whereas five were wise, and five were foolish.  This is also why the bride isn’t ready until late (Rev. 19).  I also want to point out, that the judgment seat of Christ does not occur in the clouds during the rapture as many believe.  He is already on His throne, and nothing we say or do is hidden from Him (Heb. 4:13).  Scripture says that He will bring our reward when He comes, based on our works.  Again, two will be in a field, one will be taken and the other left…
Revelation 22:12 – “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.”
2 Corinthians 5:10 – “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.”
Matthew 16:27For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.”
For those who may be concerned that this might be a salvation by works message, you can rest assured that it is not. This is rewards by works.  Salvation comes when we first receive Christ as our Lord and Savior.  But our reward doesn’t come until He returns, as He is bringing our reward with Him when He comes.  I often hear Christian’s say they are ready, but I would not just take that for granted, because Christ, alone, is the judge.
Luke 21:34-36Take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be oppressed with surfeiting and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and lest that day come on you at unawares, 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch therefore, and pray continually, that ye may be counted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and that ye may stand before the son of man.”
I’m finished breaking down chapter 24.  I’m not going to go into chapter 25 as I did in my book, but I encourage my readers to continue.  The parable of Ten Virgins and the parable of Talents continue with the same theme, showing the judgment between the hot and lukewarm from different perspectives.  Then at the end of the parable of Talents you will finally read about the second coming.  The parable of Talents is my favorite.  It’s also the most telling.  Here are some interesting notes about the parable of Talents; and be careful not to trip over the stumbling blocks.  Notice Matt. 25:14 likens the kingdom of heaven to a man going away or travelling to a far country (Christ’s ascension); verse (19) but when that man returned He is depicted as their Lord and rewards His servants (rapture); and finally, verse (34) when He returned again, He is depicted as the King returning to judge the nations (second coming).
The mysterious rapture has been very confusing and controversial for many believers for many centuries. There are several theories about it.  Most believer’s think they will escape via the rapture; some believe they will be martyred, and still others think they will be protected until the second coming.  But the $64,000.00 question is—which of these theories is correct?
Answer: All of the above, depending on the believer’s reward when Christ Returns.
Three Rewards for Believers:
Hot = Heavenly mindedfaithful servant – rapture – wedding supper – saint – great in the kingdom of heaven.
Lukewarm = Double mindedevil or lazy servant – hour of trial – martyr saint – least of Christ’s brethren.
Cold = Worldly mindedfalls away/departs the faith – sheep mortal – ministered to least of Christ’s brethren – will be ruled over by Christ and His returning saints.

Matthew 13:33 – Another parable He spoke to them: “The kingdom of heaven is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal till it was all leavened."

Thanks for reading.  This concludes the outline of my new Readiness Rapture Theory

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

Hey Rollin',

Very interesting read, would like to see more in regards to the parables.  I do have a question for you that is multi-layered, but will just state it as this.  How does I Corinthians 15 fit into this?  Specifically the order given, and that we are all changed at the same time.

God bless

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0

Matthew 24 has nothing to do with the pre-tribulation event [rapture]

There is nothing to do with this event in the passage

All of Matthew 24 is related to Israel during the coming 70th week decreed for the nation

The error of the author of this posting is a flagrant violation of many 

11 hours ago, wingnut- said:

Hey Rollin',

Very interesting read, would like to see more in regards to the parables.  I do have a question for you that is multi-layered, but will just state it as this.  How does I Corinthians 15 fit into this?  Specifically the order given, and that we are all changed at the same time.

God bless

Hey wingnut,

My next post will be on another parable. 

Regarding every man in his own order, I have yet to find a translation that makes it that clear.  We could assume that everyone will be changed at the same time, but I don't think every believer will be changed at once, only those who are ready when He comes.  The martyrs will then have to go thru the hour of trial before they will be rewarded.  Rev. 14:13 says their deeds or works (reward) follow them.  Then those who fall away will not see a change, as they will have disqualified themselves before Christ even appears.

One thing I've noticed about Matt. 24 & 25, Christ did not mention anything about the dead, as He was only explaining the sign of His coming for those who would be alive to see it.  Some believe the judgment of the sheep and goats is the great white throne after the millennium.  But the problem with that is that there is no mention of a resurrection whatsoever. 

As I said in my book, which I didn't cover here, was that Christ was actually increasing the knowledge that Daniel was promised.  In Daniel 12, his prophecy began with a time of trouble (great trib.) not seen since there was a nation.  Then he was told about the resurrection just before he was told to shut up the words and seal the book...  He was not permitted to know anything pertaining to the rapture of the living at that time, but it was revealed in the New Testament (Increase of knowledge).  So when we add them together, Daniel revealed the resurrection of the dead, while Christ and Paul revealed the rapture of the living.   There will be only two types of saint that will be living when He comes, those who are ready will go in the rapture (they will be changed at the same time), and then the martyrs, whose souls will be seen under the altar afterward, which will end the first resurrection (Rev. 6:9-11, 20:4).

Cheers

43 minutes ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

Matthew 24 has nothing to do with the pre-tribulation event [rapture]

There is nothing to do with this event in the passage

All of Matthew 24 is related to Israel during the coming 70th week decreed for the nation

The error of the author of this posting is a flagrant violation of many 

You're way out of bounds here, friend.  This post does not promote the pre-trib rapture.

Cheers

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0

.... but the scriptures do [1 Corinthians 15:20-23; 15:51-58; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 2 Thessalonians 2:1; 2 Thessalonians 5:1-9; Revelation 3:10; 4:4; 5:1-10; 7:9-17; 18:4; 19:14; 20:4 (I saw thrones and they that sat on them)]

Read them

Edited by Daniel 11:36