IGNORED

Do you believe that all evangelic healers are genuine?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Do you believe that all evangelic healers are genuine? Do you believe that all evangelic healers are working with the real Holy Spirit? How can we tell the difference between a genuine and a false evangelic healer? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Knower

No,I don't believe that all are genuine as a matter of fact I usually believe very little of what I see & hear unless it is the Word of God......then I needn't see & walk by Faith being firmly established in His Word

As far as "how do you know".....'hmm,.good question  ,very good question because there are times it is almost impossible for us to know even by the things Yown has said(which are all very good of course)  The enemy all so often will appear as an Angel of Light & fit the bill of all the above(or so it will seem) but with a different ulterior motive that may take quite some time (if ever) to surface    But as Brother Yown has said,there is but One Holy Spirit & He is the One Who Will help us to Discern......where there is doubt or confusion you are not likely to find the Holy Spirit,the enemy is very good at mixing truth with falsehoods,you must be rooted & well grounded in Gods Truth to know the difference  (as already mentioned )                                                     With love-in Christ,Kwik

• This is Worthy 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

I believe NONE of them are genuine!

God doesnt need some money-hungry, self-absorbed, high-living person to do His work.

God will heal WHO He wants, WHERE He wants, WHEN He wants and more importantly, IF He wants.

I think all the mainstream "healers" have been proven to be FRAUDS.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

God heals that is the only one that I would trust in healing in the Christian world.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:34 PM, Yowm said:

I'll attempt the last question with comparisons as it may answer the rest.

First, the more of God's Word you know the easier it will be to distinguish between the genuine and the false.

The genuine will point you to Jesus.

The false will point you to himself.

The genuine will stress the Gospel.

The false will stress the glory.

The genuine will point to the cross.

The false will point to your pocket book.

ps, there is only one 'real' Holy Spirit.

This sounds right on.    For even  JESUS had warned his own when they came back rejoicing in that they had POWER over the demons.

HE said I beheld satan as lightning fall.  Pride.   He said I have given you power over these things etc

However do NOT rejoice in the POWER that you have power over them, Rather just rejoice that you names are written in heaven.  

the false , as yowm made clear are very self exalted and will focus on the POWER and use it in subtile crafty ways to exalt himself as some great one.

all the while being so clever as to say things like You don't have to give to me, YET he makes sure to make himself seen as something great

KNOWING the people will be like WOA if we give to HIM we will be blessed.   TIS physcology 101.   They are quite crafty.

sending out prayer cloths.  and saying they will pray over them........and of course the hint put that money in their, sure helps,

give to our healing ministry.  The thing is we must remember.  That while Jesus had a bag , which judas carried.........

DO notice that JESUS did not live one single bit better off than his own flock.  they was all living equal.  

I cant help but to notice a whole mess of these preachers..............well with jets to more than one million dollar houses...............I got to say midly..........that sure is

heaping and steaping.  OH, but THEY A MAN OF GOD HIS HIGHLY EXALTED MAN OR WOMAN SERVANT.

yet who is greater JESUS or man.   WHO is master JESUS or man , And who is LORD , JESUS or man.

YET JESUS , the GREATER , lived no better than his flock.      OH they false as false as false can be.   

Tis why even paul who had even special powers given him by the LORD, would remind the flocks..............if I don't keep my own body under subjection ,

even after he had preached that gospel to so many and been used by the LORD...........even he would be cast out.

Why we think JESUS says..................MANY will say to me in that day..............LORD didn't we do many good works IN YOUR NAME

and cast out demons IN YOUR NAME.............I NEVER KNEW YOU , YOU who worked inquity.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Yes, no longer does the shepherd lay down his life for the sheep, but the sheep are laying down their lives for these false shepherds.

Like paul once said.   We did not use this power over You, but were ensamples to the flock.  or We seek Not yours...........but YOU.  its about the souls , not the money and prestige.

I love where it also said............those that had lands and houses sold them and brought the money to the aposltes and the apostels gave to those who lacked.

Their was an equality.  and everyone was to look out for the welfare of the other.  They had real hope.  Because their hope was not one ounce in money

or anything worldy.  Their HOPE was in the salvation of the LORD and they had real joy and peace of mind.    They joyfully gave . and did not desire

to be rich , did not desire the earthly things .   Real joy , real hope , real peace, cannot be found in any thing of this earth, no matter what a man gets

he only soon desires more.  A man who is greedy of silver , who covets silver will not be SATISFIED with it...........it cant fulfill.  Some of the most miserable

drug abusing , suicidal ...............Holly wood.   GUESS fame aint all man thinks it is.  I feel sorrow for those people.  they live on top of the world

yet are so empty and dying inside.   The Idea of being famous or rich,  when one gets it.............sure aint the dream they so thought it would be.

ONLY GOD FULLFILLS.   and man just keeps running from new thing to new thing, to if I had this I would be better off or happier

they get it...............for a short moment are rejoicing................OH but how soon the same empty feelings creeps back again and again.

the desire of money , the desire of fame, the desire of all earthen pleasures.............are like a man who went on a long journey

to seek that which his soul thought would fulfill him, and along the way he picks up many riches and earthen pleasures

drinking from a fountain which never fills..................and with each gulp , he only feels more thirst and more thirst

and then at his end...............a lake of fire.   HOW DEPRESSING , yet the blind cannot see nor lead the blind.

The follower of Christ is liken to a man who had very little , often in hunger , in cold, in suffering , in hardships and trials

and yet always a SONG in his heart.......and then at His end.............A SONG OF UTTER JOY and EVERLASTING PRESENCE WITH THE LORD.

the benny hinns to the oprah wimphreys to the rich of this world, will at their best times have the inner peace and joy A follower of Christ has , if even he is beaten

and castin prison.  they simply will not have the joy or peace even we have in Christ in our worst times..................they wont have this in their best

and then worse.........at our ends.............OUR JOY IS EVEN GREATER.......................their WORST NIGHTMARE BEGINS.  

GODLINESS is profitable in this life and in the world to come.................and it has nothing to do with money or worldy gains.

nothing.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Of course not.

Paul mentioned fraud preachers and the NT mentions the seven sons of Sceva and Simon the sorcerer...

bound to be plenty more Y2K later.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Oh wow. This is so interesting. For many years I was upset that there were no signs and wonders that I could see or get close to. I was one of those new wide eyed Christians that expected New Testament Actions and the like.

I read prolifically about evangelist that did seem to heal, then a few years later fell into disrepute due to some public sin or worse. Kinda took the wind out of my sails.

Then one day, many years later, unexpectedly, WHAMMO-BAMMO. I held tight as one thru seven demons were extracted from this former witch. The seated person uttered a short squeal - lunged forward, and subside into tears. I held on. Just.

Amazing! As this little slip of a girl spoke quietly over this person's shoulder compelling these horrible creatures to depart. IT JUST BLEW ME AWAY. I was overawed. It was REAL.

I looked around - no one else seemed to have noticed. This fact put me in even greater awe. I'll never forget this.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I am a cessationist. I believe that healing has ceased with tongues . Of course God can heal and perform miracles. Healing was associated with the ministry of Jesus and the Apostles. It is not for today.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

There are a lot of false healers out there - like Simon the Sorcerer (Acts 8), they are 'showmen' rather than really filled with the Spirit.

I would be very sceptical of anyone who:

1) makes a living from their healing ministry

2) guarantees results

3) talks a lot about their own gifts and very little about Jesus

4) uses techniques of manipulation (music, lighting, emotional blackmail)

5) teaches that failure to receive healing is entirely due to your lack of faith (in other words, it's your own fault).