• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

21 hours ago, Davida said:

Thanks for posting Kiwi. It is important for Christians to be aware of the what these men actually stood for. 

Thank you.

I appreciate your comments.

Yes, these people who hold to the modern versions hardly EVER do their homework.

It IS a big issue and an important one.

Edited by KiwiChristian

Guest Teditis
22 hours ago, other one said:

maybe I am wrong but the KJ only people that I know are concerned with the manuscripts that the newer versions are translated from...   The Alexanderian influence that is injected into the Nestle is a little disturbing to me also.

Fact is in my opinion none of the English versions are totally true to the original for you have to go to paraphrase versions to really convey some of the meanings of the Greek words for they just don't translate......     too many words translated Hell, and even more Love.

but almost any of the translations can get you saved if you look at the whole book.   I personally don't know anyone who thinks I will go to hell because I don't read the KJ all the time.     My personal favorites is the missionary......   tell me about Jesus, fill me with the Holy Spirit and let me lead the life the Spirit leads me to have.

See OO... this is the type of mind-set that I see with most KJV-only people.

2 hours ago, KiwiChristian said:

Thank you.

I appreciate your comments.

Yes, these people who hold to the modern versions hardly EVER do their homework.

It IS a big issue and an important one.

They think that they own some superior position and the people who read any other Version

are less informed. They always say that it's a Big Issue... insinuating that Salvation is attached.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,081
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Teditis said:

See OO... this is the type of mind-set that I see with most KJV-only people.

They think that they own some superior position and the people who read any other Version

are less informed. They always say that it's a Big Issue... insinuating that Salvation is attached.

Luckily they really don't matter in the long run so I try not to give them a platform to speak from.  Ignoring them is the best thing to do.

Guest Teditis
2 hours ago, other one said:

Luckily they really don't matter in the long run so I try not to give them a platform to speak from.  Ignoring them is the best thing to do.

I agree with you on the to some degree... we have to ignore taunts and jibes. And of course everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Still, I find it odd that so many would be duped by such a false belief that we have one particular Version out there that is Divinely

inspired while the rest aren't. It's isn't even correct, historically speaking. (I'm talking about their beliefs and reasons as to why the

KJV is "so accurate", because it just isn't. It has as many flaws as other Versions.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,081
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Teditis said:

I agree with you on the to some degree... we have to ignore taunts and jibes. And of course everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Still, I find it odd that so many would be duped by such a false belief that we have one particular Version out there that is Divinely

inspired while the rest aren't. It's isn't even correct, historically speaking. (I'm talking about their beliefs and reasons as to why the

KJV is "so accurate", because it just isn't. It has as many flaws as other Versions.

I agree, but I have found that when you speak of this some young Christians get very questionable about the Bible itself, so I really don't like to get into details.....  

• Group:  Members *

On 10/4/2017 at 7:31 AM, Guest Wanda01 said:

*On a side note while I am thinking on it, I am going to say my peace and then be done with this fiasco.

I joined this site/forum seeking fellowship, discussion, and per chance real friendships with people I naively thought would be likeminded (ie: Bible believing Christians). I do not liken that to always being in agreement, because obviously, no two people agree 100% of the time on 100% of the issues. But most people can agree to being respectful and considerate of others. How sad that even some people who profess to be Christian(s) cannot even manage that!

I had hoped it would also be a place where my daughter could come to comfortably be in fellowship with other Christians, as she grows in her faith and walk, so I wanted to spend time vetting this forum, before I allowed my daughter to join. How relieved I am that I did just that. I would not want her to join this forum anymore than I wish to remain a member.

What I have found however is much of the same that is found in this thread: Division, false accusations, strife, discord, and quite frankly....no love for the brethren.

Remember your testimony, folks. Before you get to tap, tap, tapping away at that keyboard, ask yourself, are you replying in the flesh? How might you say something differently, if you were to consider the person reading? Are your words edifying, or cruel and lacking in love?

I am done here. I wouldn't know who to contact to delete my membership, but should a moderator stumble upon this reply, by all means, please do delete me. I've had my fill of this nonsense.

Wanda

Ahh, the old post and run away game.

Remember, Jesus tells us to REBUKE and REPROVE.

• Group:  Members *

On 10/4/2017 at 8:00 AM, CSLJ said:

I have a NT by Kenneth S. Wuest that I am enjoying very much, and find it illuminates a great many verses, some of the amplified translations come close to it.

It really brings out the experiential aspect of the Christian faith.

best wishes

Never heard of that one.

What texts did he translate from?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

an expanded translation of the Greek

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

4 hours ago, CSLJ said:

It is my understanding that Wuest used the Critical Text means for translation.  How is that considered expanded?  Not sure how this is so since I do not have the translation myself.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

see if you can find the preface, he explains it there.