Tree of Knowledge?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, what would happen if Adam and Eve wouldn't eat from that tree? Wouldn't we be smart or something?

Did the forbidden fruit give them a mind to think?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

what ifs in the 'IS' ... really is a useless venture! When anyone thinks sin has place in God's creation their already advancing down the road of error. God said not to eat of it (knowledge of good and evil) and who needs to ask why now that we have it?  The whole point of The Word of God is to use it to wash our minds of it... Love, Steven

Then all their offspring would still be living in the Garden. And....they were smart. Being smart is not knowledge. Remember, there would not be pain, death, depression, crime, or personal disputes, etc. So there would be no need for medicine, prisons or jails, courts and judges. All these things happened and became necessary after the fall and mankind became sinful.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Let's keep in mind that the tree was not called just the "Tree of Knowledge", but the "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil".  If you think about it, the proper title indicates a specific knowledge, not the generic knowledge.

Guest Thallasa
10 hours ago, mat007 said:

Hi, what would happen if Adam and Eve wouldn't eat from that tree? Wouldn't we be smart or something?

Did the forbidden fruit give them a mind to think?

Did God not add, that we would die,  if we 'ate it '??

So it is very possible we have already 'eaten it' , and that it has something to do with the breaking of the atom ,and nuclear power . Perhaps we should not have done that ,as it is maybe what kills us in the End .:20:

There was nothing intrinsically sinful about the tree or the fruit.  It was a test. The sin was in disobeying God.

2 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

There was nothing intrinsically sinful about the tree or the fruit.  It was a test. The sin was in disobeying God.

I'm not so sure I would agree.  Scripture tells us "Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil."  Before eating the fruit, Adam and Eve did not know good and evil.  Seems there was something really wrong with the discovery beside disobeying God.

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

I'm not so sure I would agree.  Scripture tells us "Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil."  Before eating the fruit, Adam and Eve did not know good and evil.  Seems there was something really wrong with the discovery beside disobeying God.

What is more serious to the LORD than sinning against(disobeying)  him? Its not rocket science.  Its okay that you dont agree. Keep studying!:P

13 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

What is more serious to the LORD than sinning against(disobeying)  him? Its not rocket science.  Its okay that you dont agree. Keep studying!:P

Please don't start belittling people by implying that people need more studying if they happen to mention something you do not agree with. 

If you take a real good look at what I posted you would notice I was addressing what the fruit did, not which was more serious.  Care to star over?

Just now, OneLight said:

Please don't start belittling people by implying that people need more studying if they happen to mention something you do not agree with. 

If you take a real good look at what I posted you would notice I was addressing what the fruit did, not which was more serious.  Care to star over?

I didnt belittle you.  It was tongue and cheek. Can you see the cute lil meme? Which btw, its new to me that studying Gods word is insulting. I disagree with you. Ill leave it at that. Have a good evening :)