IGNORED

British Teens Are Coming to Christ — Thanks to Inspiring Cathedrals

SavedByGrace1981

Guest Thallasa
On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:39 AM, Fidei Defensor said:

Although the Apostle Peter does tell us the Lord will destroy them one day, " But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment. 11 Since everything around us is going to be destroyed like this, what holy and godly lives you should live, 12 looking forward to the day of God and hurrying it along. On that day, he will set the heavens on fire, and the elements will melt away in the flames. 13 But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world filled with God’s righteousness." (1 Peter 3:10-13). Besides the Lord destroyed the Second Temple with Titus in 70 A.D. and the Roman Legions. And the Lord God has never wanted a house, except in us Christians, "But that same night the Lord said to Nathan, Go and tell my servant David, ‘This is what the Lord has declared: Are you the one to build a house for me to live in? I have never lived in a house, from the day I brought the Israelites out of Egypt until this very day. I have always moved from one place to another with a tent and a Tabernacle as my dwelling. Yet no matter where I have gone with the Israelites, I have never once complained to Israel’s tribal leaders, the shepherds of my people Israel. I have never asked them, “Why haven’t you built me a beautiful cedar house?” Furthermore, the Lord declares that he will make a house for you—a dynasty of kings! For when you die and are buried with your ancestors, I will raise up one of your descendants, your own offspring, and I will make his kingdom strong. He is the one who will build a house—a temple—for my name. And I will secure his royal throne forever. I will be his father, and he will be my son. If he sins, I will correct and discipline him with the rod, like any father would do. But my favor will not be taken from him as I took it from Saul, whom I removed from your sight. Your house and your kingdom will continue before me for all time, and your throne will be secure forever." (2 Samuel 7:4-7, 11-16), and "But that same night God said to Nathan, Go and tell my servant David, ‘This is what the Lord has declared: You are not the one to build a house for me to live in.  I have never lived in a house, from the day I brought the Israelites out of Egypt until this very day. My home has always been a tent, moving from one place to another in a Tabernacle. Yet no matter where I have gone with the Israelites, I have never once complained to Israel’s leaders, the shepherds of my people. I have never asked them, “Why haven’t you built me a beautiful cedar house?” Now go and say to my servant David, ‘This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies has declared: I took you from tending sheep in the pasture and selected you to be the leader of my people Israel. I have been with you wherever you have gone, and I have destroyed all your enemies before your eyes. Now I will make your name as famous as anyone who has ever lived on the earth! And I will provide a homeland for my people Israel, planting them in a secure place where they will never be disturbed. Evil nations won’t oppress them as they’ve done in the past, starting from the time I appointed judges to rule my people Israel. And I will defeat all your enemies. Furthermore, I declare that the Lord will build a house for you—a dynasty of kings! For when you die and join your ancestors, I will raise up one of your descendants, one of your sons, and I will make his kingdom strong.  He is the one who will build a house—a temple—for me. And I will secure his throne forever. I will be his father, and he will be my son. I will never take my favor from him as I took it from the one who ruled before you. I will confirm him as king over my house and my kingdom for all time, and his throne will be secure forever." (1 Chronicles 17:1-14). "When Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, He yielded up His spirit. And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split.The tombs broke open, and the bodies of many saints who had fallen asleep were raised. 53After Jesus’ resurrection, when they had come out of the tombs, they entered the holy city and appeared to many people. When the centurion and those with him guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified and said, "Truly this was the Son of God." (Matthew 27:51-54).

God has encouraged us to be creative ,and to build a society which allows humanity to live and prospe, long enough to learn ,for all the world to learn , about Him and give us an idea of some of the beauty  He has in store for us  . If  we just sit on our thumbs waiting for the end to come ,  while not being creative , we are doing the devils work , and ignoring the parable of the three talents .

We must be creative in our relations ,and in our lives, and in society , it's just that we must rememberalways, who created us , and that all creative work originates in Him  . The more we idolise the creation , the more we endanger our souls , so we must always be prepared ,at any given moment, to let go of what   personal material  possessions we have  .

Churches are not personal possesssions  so they are more likely to be kept longer than others  ,but not always .