• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello, 

My husband is having these same spiritual battles ever since before we were married. I told him how many men i had been with before we were married as part of our pre-marital counseling with our church and he said he was okay with that and we never spoke of it again. But ever since I told him he tells me he needs my prayers because he thinks the enemy is placing these evil thoughts about me and my past. He's a mail carrier and often times he's out there on the streets alone in his thoughts and he starts to think about my past and the relationships that I used to have with others and it ends up consuming him. He tells me he prays immediately and asks for the Holy Spirit to help these thoughts cease. He loves me very much and knows that this marriage is his first ministry and so we attend church every Sunday, both attend midweek studies, women and men studies, we even have our own bible studies often at home. He's a man of God and is constantly in the Word of God for help, but even that couldn't stop him from going through my phone last night and seeking "stuff". He woke me up in the middle of the night and showed me emails from me and an old friend whom I was talking to before I even met my husband. He dug back to 2014 to find this stuff and I cant believe the enemy overcame him that much. He said he felt his heart break and then he became angry at me. When I told him he was acting ridiculous he cursed the words "**** you" at me, this is the first time he's ever cursed at me. We have been married for 3 months, but together for 1 1/2 year. I've been praying for him. I dont know what else to do.:( I love my husband and I dont want this to consume him any longer. We could really use all of your prayers and encouragement. Thank you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Welcome MLT3117.  I moved your thread here so you can get replies without the need for approval.

Welcome MLT3117!

Praying is powerful! Taking action to get this resolved is powerful too!

May I suggest marriage counseling with a christian counselor? Go back to counseling. 

Also, is he in a mens christian support group? This sound like his issue but it does involve you.  

I suspect there is a root to this . It may or may not have anything to do with your "relations" before you married him.

Yall are brand spanking new newlyweds!  The first year is difficult. Find a solution and dont stop looking till you have exhausted all options! 

You may also want to confide in women at the church. Maybe a womens bible study?

Get moving and pray that the LORD give you strength! Phil 4:13

May the LORD bless your marriage. Give her strength to love her husband in the midst of his storm. Give her wisdom to find the right resources for help! Amen

Blessings:)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, MLT3117 said:

Hello, 

My husband is having these same spiritual battles ever since before we were married. I told him how many men i had been with before we were married as part of our pre-marital counseling with our church and he said he was okay with that and we never spoke of it again. But ever since I told him he tells me he needs my prayers because he thinks the enemy is placing these evil thoughts about me and my past. He's a mail carrier and often times he's out there on the streets alone in his thoughts and he starts to think about my past and the relationships that I used to have with others and it ends up consuming him. He tells me he prays immediately and asks for the Holy Spirit to help these thoughts cease. He loves me very much and knows that this marriage is his first ministry and so we attend church every Sunday, both attend midweek studies, women and men studies, we even have our own bible studies often at home. He's a man of God and is constantly in the Word of God for help, but even that couldn't stop him from going through my phone last night and seeking "stuff". He woke me up in the middle of the night and showed me emails from me and an old friend whom I was talking to before I even met my husband. He dug back to 2014 to find this stuff and I cant believe the enemy overcame him that much. He said he felt his heart break and then he became angry at me. When I told him he was acting ridiculous he cursed the words "**** you" at me, this is the first time he's ever cursed at me. We have been married for 3 months, but together for 1 1/2 year. I've been praying for him. I dont know what else to do.:( I love my husband and I dont want this to consume him any longer. We could really use all of your prayers and encouragement. Thank you.

Perhaps he should have been honest with you when he told you before you were married that did not have reservations about the relationships that you had before you married him. Your husband needs to know that Satan is very good at reminding us about our past and what our loved ones or what we ourselves have done wrong. Your husband needs to pray to God to allow him to focus only on the day which he is living not the past or tomorrow. Is your husband a jealous man? Do you think he trusts you 100%? Behavior from this man is just coming out that you did not see before you were married? How long did you date before you married? If it gets worse do you think it is worth seeking marital counseling? I will pray for you and your husband.:th_praying:   Also you do know that you and your husband need to give this whole situation to God and it sounds like that is what you have been doing.

Also....Welcome to Worthy :)

Thank you for your prayers. We need them. 

Guest BacKaran

Just a suggestion, i'd delete all old men friends or boyfriend's emails, letters, notes etc. Youre married to your husband and your old history is just that old history, no need to keep anything from the past. 

I kept photos of my son with his bio dad, not many but I sealed them in an envelope before I began to date my hubby.  When I knew I was getting married, I opened the envelope and tossed the photos but kept the negatives in a sealed envelope if son wanted to see his bio father but out of respect for my husband, I waited for my son to ask and he never did. He was 18 when he met his bio father but Dad was dad who adopted him ?. 

And definitely a Christian born again counselor....

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,214
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

Praying now

Thank you for the suggestion. In fact, last night I did just that. I deleted every thing that wasnt most current. Update: We spoke again last night in the kitchen table and he was much more resolved and you could tell he felt very bad for his actions of the night prior. He apologized for over-reacting, for the snooping into my phone, and he admitted he wasn't perfect and needed my help, my respect, and my devotion to him. I told him I had been praying fervently for this outcome and the Lord had blessed that conversation. We hugged it out and kissed each other gently. I love my husband dearly and I want to do everything I can to remind him that I am very committed to him and this marriage. I appreciate your prayers so very much, thank you!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Welcome~!

~

Praying~!

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  106

On 6/26/2017 at 11:25 AM, MLT3117 said:

Hello, 

Praying!!!