Steve_K

Bible codes are NONSENSE!!!

REVELATION 22:18 18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

This "bible code" nonsense has been allowed to go on for too long.

The Bible is God's word, simple and straight forward. THERE NEVER WAS ANY "Secret Code" in the Bible and wasting time researching such nonsense distracts from the message of the gospel and is ADDING to the Bible, which REVELATION 22:18 warns against.

Mysticism is a creeping fungus in the church that is furthered by this bible code heresy.

GOD DOES NOT HAVE TO PROVE HIMSELF. And he certainly doesn't need a hidden code to do it either. There are many examples of God showing his power in the Bible. From Elijah and the contest on Mt. Carmel (1st Kings 18) to the Exodus, and many others.

So please, if you're buying into this Bible code nonsense, REMEMBER: you may be leading someone astray, MARK 9:42 "If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea."

• Thumbs Up 2

Amen! It has crept in like a lying serpent in the form of trying to pin down the yr that Christ is coming back! Any kind of date setting is extra biblical and I cast aside as nonsense and so should all mature discerning christians.

Mysticism comes in many forms doesnt it?  Seeking signs and wonders  of many kinds..............

These things will not cease. Wickedness is increasing. It will continue to do so.  The birth pangs 

Blessings

35 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

It has crept in like a lying serpent in the form of trying to pin down the yr that Christ is coming back!

"For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,
and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be." - Matthew 24:38-39

"Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming." - Matthew 24:42

"Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect." - Matthew 24:44

• Thumbs Up 1

Bible codes and Gnosticism is the flip sides of the same coin, but false and dangerous.

• Thumbs Up 3

I've never heard anything about any Bible code thank God. I think humans like to complicate things and whoever came up with the Bible code thing just doesn't understand God's love for us. God's love for us is beautifully simple and pure. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

A Revelation from God is never a secret. :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 3

If the Bible Codes really work then Herman Melville must be pretty special for you can get the same kind of results in Moby Dick..

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, tigger398 said:

What is bible code. Do they exist.

Bible codes are a false teaching where people claim that the Bible has hidden prophecies.  What these people do is to take every 5th letter or every 100th letter or every letter based on a particular algebraic pattern and claim that they find "messages".

The thing about that is that you can take any book - the larger, with larger words, the better - and patterns can emerge that are just random.

What I think is happening, and I may be wrong, is that they are writing the "message" first - such as  "USA leader" [OK, I just made that up] and then find a page in the Bible that has those letters and force an algorithm to fit it.  Then they claim, "Voila!  A secret message from God!"

It's stupid - that's the best I can say.

And it's very very sad that people have an unquenchable thirst for stuff like this.

• Thumbs Up 3

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

That movie 'Da Vinci code' is anathema to me. Yuck. Such drivel. I am amazed at its blatant Gnostic and occult content. 

• Thumbs Up 1