IGNORED

WorthyNews: CBO says Senate Republican health care plan lowers premiums but cuts coverage by 22 million

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

I think so, too.  

What I also think needs to happen is we need to bring down medical costs.   People get charged more because they have insurance and that is price gouging and it needs to stop. 

Got to get Congress to quit hand holding with the lobbyists first.  But yeah, that's why our medical costs are so high.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Running Gator said:

It seems if we are going to state that a person does not have to buy insurance we should also state that if they do not have either insurance or the cash on hand then they do not get service. 

I'm not sure the general public is ready to tell people to go home and die.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

19 minutes ago, other one said:

I'm not sure the general public is ready to tell people to go home and die.

I believe you are correct.  

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, ayin jade said:

It reallly isnt. The insurance companies contract for much less than you think. Pharmacies barely make one dollar over the cost of the medication. Pharmacies lose money daily after you factor in costs of paying employees and costs related to the building. The only way they make money is on the other stuff you buy. Many doctors have to limit the time they spend seeing patients to 15 minutes per patient because they cant meet their overhead costs otherwise. Many refuse to see any medicare patients because they pay too little. Malpractice lawsuits and malpractice insurance is a large part of why costs are so high. That, and in order to make sure they dont get sued, many docs now have to order unnecessary tests. 

I am talking about what hospitals charge for things like an outpatient procedure, the use of a single room for an hour and stuff like that.  

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

12 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Pharmacies barely make one dollar over the cost of the medication. Pharmacies lose money daily after you factor in costs of paying employees and costs related to the building.

Why, do you suppose, that if I shop around, that I can find prescription drugs at retail pharmacies, where the prices vary almost 8 fold? Not a criticism of the industry, but when one pharmacy chargers $14.35 and another $1.85 for a generic drug I take, it makes me scratch my head with curiosity.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

3 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Why, do you suppose, that if I shop around, that I can find prescription drugs at retail pharmacies, where the prices vary almost 8 fold? Not a criticism of the industry, but when one pharmacy chargers $14.35 and another $1.85 for a generic drug I take, it makes me scratch my head with curiosity.

It has to do with what their pharmacies have to pay for the drug, what contracts they have with the manufacturer, the distributor and the insurance you have. Not every pharmacy has the same buying power. In the days of electronics, the insurance company dictates how much you have to pay with through insurance. For cash, the pharmacy contracts, distributor etc dictate costs.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

11 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

It has to do with what their pharmacies have to pay for the drug, what contracts they have with the manufacturer, the distributor and the insurance you have. Not every pharmacy has the same buying power.

That makes sense, the low price on this one, was at Costco, I am sure they have decent buying power!

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

48 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Several times on broadcast (antenna) television,  in the last year plus,

they reported on and question companies selling drugs for $1.00 per pill,  that other companies charged as much as $20.00 per pill give or take some.... 

and some others that increased the prices thousands of percent just for the money.

The company(-ies) selling the same exact drug for $1.0 per pill said plainly that they make a fine profit at that price,

as

was known decades ago also.   People who dwell in the marketplace/ profit from the drugs use/ marketing/ etc  often will not acknowledge this,  (sometimes in order to keep their job),

and most people never find out the truth.