IGNORED

WorthyNews: CBO says Senate Republican health care plan lowers premiums but cuts coverage by 22 million

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,221
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Senate Republicans' Obamacare repeal bill would lower most Americans' premiums and save the government more than $300 billion over the next decade but also leave 22 million fewer people with health care coverage, the Congressional Budget Office said in an analysis Monday.

View the full article

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

it's my understanding from watching Fox News that most of the 22 million that do not have insurance would be because it is thier choice not to have insurance....

Paraphrase:  If we don't force people to get insurance, they won't.          Not many MSM's will put it that way.

Guest shiloh357
8 minutes ago, other one said:

it's my understanding from watching Fox News that most of the 22 million that do not have insurance would be because it is thier choice not to have insurance....

Paraphrase:  If we don't force people to get insurance, they won't.          Not many MSM's will put it that way.

That is correct

The MSM makes it out like all of these people will "lose" health insurance.  No, they won't.  Now that they don't have a gun to their head telling them that they HAVE to take out insurance, they may choose not to take out insurance, especially insurance they don't need or don't want.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

45 minutes ago, other one said:

I say we remove the requirement for hospital and ERs to treat people without regards of if they can pay or not and then see how many people "choose" not to have insurance.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

4 hours ago, other one said:

Right, that's how I understand it too.  Forcing an American to buy ANYTHING is unconstitutional.  I think the 'lockout' feature may encourage more to buy insurance.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

Right, that's how I understand it too.  Forcing an American to buy ANYTHING is unconstitutional.  I think the 'lockout' feature may encourage more to buy insurance.

I think so, too.  

What I also think needs to happen is we need to bring down medical costs.   People get charged more because they have insurance and that is price gouging and it needs to stop. 

30 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I think so, too.  

What I also think needs to happen is we need to bring down medical costs.   People get charged more because they have insurance and that is price gouging and it needs to stop. 

Stop making hospital cover the cost of those who cannot pay, and the price for the rest of us would come down.  No pay, no play, so to speak.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,793
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

36 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I think so, too.  

It reallly isnt. The insurance companies contract for much less than you think. Pharmacies barely make one dollar over the cost of the medication. Pharmacies lose money daily after you factor in costs of paying employees and costs related to the building. The only way they make money is on the other stuff you buy. Many doctors have to limit the time they spend seeing patients to 15 minutes per patient because they cant meet their overhead costs otherwise. Many refuse to see any medicare patients because they pay too little. Malpractice lawsuits and malpractice insurance is a large part of why costs are so high. That, and in order to make sure they dont get sued, many docs now have to order unnecessary tests. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,793
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

12 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Stop making hospital cover the cost of those who cannot pay, and the price for the rest of us would come down.  No pay, no play, so to speak.

Thats a big one. States like mine, which are overrun by illegals, suffer big losses at the hospitals because the illegals use them to get free health care. Under obama, arizona tried to get reimbursed by the feds for this, which was denied. Some southern rural hospitals had to close because it bankrupted them. 

10 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Thats a big one. States like mine, which are overrun by illegals, suffer big losses at the hospitals because the illegals use them to get free health care. Under obama, arizona tried to get reimbursed by the feds for this, which was denied. Some southern rural hospitals had to close because it bankrupted them. 

It seems if we are going to state that a person does not have to buy insurance we should also state that if they do not have either insurance or the cash on hand then they do not get service.