• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, HisFirst said:

There is the instinct of knowing what's right and wrong in every culture, tribe etc.

People having lived and died without knowledge of Jesus and God of the Hebrews, will be judged according to that standard. Each person will be judged according to their deeds.

That is what I have been taught.

You have been taught right, you see the truth and God's standard of doing right by all men.

Guest Judas Machabeus
3 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

I'm not making any case for anyone to be saved, God has plainly taught that He will do good for those who have NEVER HEARD OF HIM, JESUS, OR HIS GOSPEL! Not I . . . God.

I'm seeking clarification. If they are not saved than what happens to them?

if you believe they are not condemned, and if you don't say they are saved is there a third place?

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Pudgenik said:

Answer me this, a child brought up in a tribe in Africa, in modern times. A rival gang comes with machetes and guns. Forces that child to kill his own parents. There is trauma beyond belief, scared for life. What of this innocent child. Where does your philosophy stand here?

We don't live in fantasy land, and not all situations have a rational conclusion. People are not always rational.

Hi Pudgenik,

My understanding and knowledge of God is that He is merciful - He knows that wasn't the child's intent - the "blame" lies at the feet of those that forced the child to do wrong.

That is my answer.

And you are right, people aren't always rational - but don't forget, God's thinking is far higher than ours.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, HisFirst said:

There is the instinct of knowing what's right and wrong in every culture, tribe etc.

People having lived and died without knowledge of Jesus and God of the Hebrews, will be judged according to that standard. Each person will be judged according to their deeds.

That is what I have been taught.

You will find the answer in Paul's letter to the Romans.

Circumcision is in the heart

2 hours ago, HisFirst said:

Hi Pudgenik,

My understanding and knowledge of God is that He is merciful - He knows that wasn't the child's intent - the "blame" lies at the feet of those that forced the child to do wrong.

That is my answer.

And you are right, people aren't always rational - but don't forget, God's thinking is far higher than ours.

Certainly, as to who is to blame and knowing God's thoughts are far higher than ours. But this question isn't directed at God. It is for the Christians, here, at Worthy,  to comprehend and to understand.  The key is Love.

Love is God. When Love lives in you, God lives in you. 

Jesus said, " know one can go to the Father but through Me".  Jesus never says, you have to know who I am. Going through Jesus and knowing who He is are two different things.

The Jehovah's Witnessess, are huge with knowing who Jesus is. They study Jesus till the cows come home. But they still don't grasp Him. (My heart goes out to them, I pray for them all the time). 

ThChristians have a knowledge of Him, but many are so caught up with "Not being Catholic" they also miss the depth of God's love. (Catholics are in the same boat).  Love is the key! The deeper you fall in love with God, the deeper your heart grows for His children.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

Answer me this, a child brought up in a tribe in Africa, in modern times. A rival gang comes with machetes and guns. Forces that child to kill his own parents. There is trauma beyond belief, scared for life. What of this innocent child. Where does your philosophy stand here?

That is not an innocent child.  An innocent one would be ready and willing to die instead of killing anyone else.  No philosophy involved. 

Children around the world, even in the usa, are turning their parents over to authorities daily, sometimes to be killed, with no remorse, sometimes for other reasons,  selfishly.  And sometimes for survival, so there are times.... 

6 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

This is a matter that requires some thought..... Then you have condemned most of mankind.

No,  it's not that hard if you agree with God's Word says clearly that most of mankind is condemned.  Read Revelation, et al.

3 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I'm seeking clarification. If they are not saved than what happens to them?

if you believe they are not condemned, and if you don't say they are saved is there a third place?

They are saved, or they are condemned.  Genesis through Revelation.  No exception. (except in the devil's theories/ideas/ doctrines/ practices / religions)

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

48 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

That is not an innocent child.  An innocent one would be ready and willing to die instead of killing anyone else.  No philosophy involved. 

Sorry SJ,

I work with children through my job and to be frank, a child confronted with this situation, would either follow command or be a screaming, hysterical mess.

48 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

Children around the world, even in the usa, are turning their parents over to authorities daily, sometimes to be killed, with no remorse, sometimes for other reasons,  selfishly.  And sometimes for survival, so there are times.... 

Please Father forgive him, he knows not what he says.