Satan has the power of death

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Does this mean that Satan can kill us when he wants? Can he do something to the believers? Is this the reason why people die today? (I refer to sickness)

No, he cannot. Remember with Job, that GOD denied him permission to take Jog's life. I believe that what is meant by Satan having power over (not of) death is that Satan brought death into the World, and unless one is Saved by the Grace of GOD, Satan has power over that person and can demand their soul when they die.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

he killed Job's children with weather.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, mat007 said:

Does this mean that Satan can kill us when he wants? Can he do something to the believers? Is this the reason why people die today? (I refer to sickness)

Revelation 1:18, I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Keys signify power and authority (v 18; Matt. 16:19; 18:18; Isa. 22:22).

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

15 hours ago, mat007 said:

Satan has the power of death. Does this mean that Satan can kill us when he wants?

10For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to perfect the author of their salvation through sufferings. 11For both He who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all from one Father; for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren, 

12saying, “I WILL PROCLAIM YOUR NAME TO MY BRETHREN, IN THE MIDST OF THE CONGREGATION I WILL SING YOUR PRAISE.” 13And again, “I WILL PUT MY TRUST IN HIM.” And again, BEHOLD, I AND THE CHILDREN WHOM GOD HAS GIVEN ME.”

14Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives.

Verse 14 refers to a person who HAD the power of death, and declares him to be the devil.

It also refers to a person (Jesus) who died for a purpose. That purpose is also delared in the same verse where it says "render powerless".

Seems to me then, that if Jesus died to render powerless, him who HAD that power, that he (the devil) no longer has such power. In John 19, Jesus said to Pilate: "11“You would have no authority over Me, unless it had been given you from above;"

I would think that would also hold true for Satan. God is all powerful. That means that all power belongs to Him, and He may wield it, or delegate it, as He sees fit.

After His resurrection Jesus reaffirms this when He says: "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth." That means that nothing can happen, that does not go through the will of Jesus. He is totally at the helm of the universe, or at least heaven and earth.

We should also note, that much of the time, when the Bible speaks of death, it is speaking to spiritual death, not physical death. Jesus spoke to this when He said:

"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

Life on earth, is just a training and testing ground, and opportunity to follow an obey God. That time is limited, the question is, what are we going to do with that time?

I think if Satan had the power of death, to kill as he wishes, no Christian would be alive.

In Revelation 12, we can see that is his desire:

13And when the dragon saw that he was thrown down to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child. 14But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she could fly into the wilderness to her place, where she was nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent. 15And the serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, so that he might cause her to be swept away with the flood. 16But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and drank up the river which the dragon poured out of his mouth. 17So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

. . . where in his wrath, he persecutes the church (which of course, God allows, and is glorified by.

I think if you read Revelation Chapter 13 you will see that the beast has the power to kill believers who do not take the mark.   

Satan killed Job's kids......   unless you believe God did it for him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

34 minutes ago, other one said:

I think if you read Revelation Chapter 13 you will see that the beast has the power to kill believers who do not take the mark.   

The Antichrist will not rule the whole world and as such he will not have the power to kill all believers, even none believers who do not take his mark. He will only have rule over the ten kingdoms of the old revised Roman empire. Even then, there is no way he could possibly enforce any of his rules over all the millions of peoples in such a vast territory in three and a half years.

Well see

6 hours ago, HAZARD said:

The Antichrist will not rule the whole world and as such he will not have the power to kill all believers, even none believers who do not take his mark. He will only have rule over the ten kingdoms of the old revised Roman empire. Even then, there is no way he could possibly enforce any of his rules over all the millions of peoples in such a vast territory in three and a half years.

The Antichrist won't do anything to us after we refuse the mark, no?

Edited by mat007

7 hours ago, other one said:

Satan killed Job's kids because God allowed him so. He told God that Job loves Him just because He gave him so many things in his life.

God allowed Satan to take some things from Job just to prove that he is wrong. And Satan was wrong.