• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 2:25 PM, Anonymous Aristotle said:

Yes, that is true. Which makes me wonder why this current Pope would not know that. 

what makes you think he doesn't know that?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Content Per Day:  16.70
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:12 PM, Abdicate said:

Father works for me... but to answer your question, there are no vowel points in biblical Hebrew, so there's no way of knowing. However, I believe God still wants us to know. Here is the name given to Moses, יהוה, here is the name for Judah, יהודה. The only difference between the two words is the dalet ד. Judah is pronounced Ye-hoo-dah. To me, you just remove the dalet. Ye-hoo-ah. 

Aren't we getting a bit legalistic here?  I've heard so many different pronunciations of the Father's Name I'm going to just call him Father, as you suggest, so as I don't offend.

16 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

Wow! So much support for sharing information. Why don't you read my first four words and be a bit kinder next time.

I never meant to offend.  The legalistic comment may have seemed aimed at you (in truth, it is based on previous discussions with other Christians on other forums).  It wasn't my intention to insult you or target you when I wrote it.  I sincerely apologize for giving off that vibe to you.  I was agreeing with this and other posts you've made here.  I've got other one mad at me for some reason I'm not sure of and now you're mad.  I'm really beginning to wonder if I belong here.  If I can't write without someone getting offended, then I should quit this forum.  Maybe that's what God wants me to do.

14 hours ago, Abdicate said:

I forgive you. Simply think about what's being said and to who before you post. I'm not mad as much as this site is filled with trolls and I too apologize for my comment to you too. Forgive me. 

:)

Of course I forgive you and you have forgiven me.  End of story, almost.  You mention trolls ... I have noticed that too, recently.  Isn't the good news of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ always going to be offensive to some? 

From Christianity Today: Why the Gospel Will Always Be Offensive?

Now I'm not pointing this out at anyone in particular.  My background is in engineering and the sciences, as a professional.  If I can't use my expertise in these areas to promote a literal understanding of the Bible, what am I doing here?  There are people (not mentioning anyone in particular) who believe and support a concept of a flat earth and all matter of "kooky" scientific ideas.  What other people have against me is pretty obvious from my posts.  I support the following:

• Old Earth Creation as explained in a variant of the Gap Theory.
  • I totally reject the Theory of Evolution.
  • I totally believe in the creation (restoration) of the Earth as we experience it (6+1 days).
  • I believe in Noah's Flood as more localized than global.  [I am still wrestling with this a little bit.  Science doesn't support a global floor and neither do the written records of other groups of people.]
  • I believe "male" fallen Angels cohabitated with human women to create the mighty men of old and renown.  These are the giants spoken of going under the broad name of Nephilim.
  • I believe in Free Will, but I also believe God is able to move between the constraints of time and sees the past, present and future as He wills to bring about His will.
  • I believe in the power of prayer, and the power of miracles.
  • I don't necessarily believe the gifts of the Holy Spirit have stopped, but I no longer speak in tongues and question some of my previous utterings.  But my Father knows my heart, so it shouldn't make a difference.
  • I believe Jesus was born of a virgin, Mary, but that Mary and Joseph had other children.
  • Demons and fallen Angels are not the same.
  • I believe in Ephesians 2:8-10.
  • I am a pre-Rapture, pre-Millennial Dispensationalist.
  • I believe homosexuality is a sin like all kinds of sin is. 

I could go on, but why?  There is no position above outside a Fundamentalist Christian (me) reading and interpreting the Bible as written, giving no preference to translations that have accepted errors and justified them.  If I can't hold to these positions without be accused of being insulting, I don't belong here.

None of the above is aimed at you, Abdicate, so if you disagree with any or all of my beliefs we can rationally discuss them on the forum.  I don't know you well enough to have formed any negative opinion of you in the least.  I shy away from snap judgments.  I also shy away from organized religions because of their hypocrisy in many areas.  But that's a subject for another time.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 30/06/2017 at 9:45 AM, Yowm said:

So let me get this straight...

Islam- "Allah has no son"

True Christian faith- "God gave His only begotten Son"

The pope and the apostate Church (including many protestant denominations)- "The Muslims and Christians serve the same God"

What am I missing here? 

You mentioned on another thread the work and teaching of Walter Veith in relation to freemasonry. He has some very interesting things to say about Islams links to freemasonry...as well as to the Vatican; so much so I understand there is evidence that Islam was created by the papacy...which would explain your query above.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

18 hours ago, Yowm said:

That could be, I'm just not fully convinced of Veith's assertion on that point...but then again, I haven't listened to his full presentation on the  the papacy giving rise to Islam.