• Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

WHAT  ALL  CHRISTIANS  MUST  KNOW

BIBLE WISDOM FOR LIFE.

Now that you have received Jesus Christ as your Saviour, you are a son of God (John 1:12), and a new creature: “old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” (II Cor. 5:17). God wants us to live differently from the world and to please Him. You will find many enemies seeking to stop your growth in Christ. Will you drop out of serving God, or will you grow to experience the best that God has for you?

Here are some key Bible truths that will help you grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

1.     LOVE and OBEY JESUS CHRIST, and GOD WILL BLESS YOU. 

“them that honour me, I will honour.” I Samuel 2:30. 

2.     OBEY GOD in DIFFICULT TIMES. 

“Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely for my sake.

Rejoice and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.” Matthew 5:10,12.
It may be easy to obey God in good times, but God permits trials to develop character qualities for our good and other’s good. Even our family may persecute us.

3.     ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD TO THEM THAT LOVE GOD. 

If we continue obeying and trusting God in all of life’s situations, then God promises to turn even the worst events to our good. This requires patience. Romans 8:28. 

4.     BE PATIENT for GOD TO BRING HIS PLANS TO PASS. 

“For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.” Hebrews 10:36. God wants to cure us of anger and impatience. Let’s learn to trust God. 

5.     READ and STUDY the BIBLE EVERY DAY. 

The Bible gives us wisdom, strength, love, joy, peace, faith, hope, victory over worry, and God’s answers to all of life’s problems. The Bible is God’s textbook for our life. “Great peace have they which love thy law, and nothing shall offend them.” Psalm 119:165. 

“As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.” I Peter 2:2. 

“Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.” Psalm 119:11. Learning and obeying the Bible prevents problems. 

6.     PRAY TO GOD DAILY. 

Friends grow closer if they communicate daily. So it is with God. If we start the day in prayer and Bible study, thanking God, confessing sin, asking for others needs and our needs, then we will draw closer to God and He will draw near to us. “Pray without ceasing.” I Thess. 5:17 

“The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” James 5:16. 

7.     STOP REBELLING AGAINST GOD. 

All your life you may have been pleasing yourself. Now is the time to put God first, others second, and yourself last. This is how to have real joy.

Jesus first Others second Yourself last.

“Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft.” I Samuel 15:23.

Are you rebelling or are you submitting to God and the Bible? “The rebellious dwell in a dry land.” Psalm 68:6.

8.     YE ARE NOT YOUR OWN. 

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s. I Corinthians 6:19,20. Our life’s goal should be to glorify God by doing HIS will. 

We must say “NO” to sin, selfishness, pride, anger, and the devil’s lies. 

9.     LOVE GOD with ALL your HEART, SOUL, MIND, and STRENGTH. LOVE the BIBLE. 
    LOVE Christians and LOST PEOPLE. Matthew 22:37,38. 

10.     COME TO CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY. 

Do all you can to help it grow. Encourage others there. 

“I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord”. Psalm 122:1. 

“Let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together as the many of some is...” Hebrews 10:24,25. “..the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.” I Timothy 3:15. 

11.     HUMBLE YOURSELVES therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time. I Peter 5:6. Avoid pride. Stay humble to God, the Bible and others. “Before honour is humility.” Proverbs 15:33. 
    “By humility and fear of the Lord are riches, honour and life.” Proverbs 22:4. 

12.     SUBMIT YOURSELVES to the PASTOR/ELDER. 1 Peter 5:5. 

A Pastor/Shepherd’s job is to feed and protect the sheep from wolves, from false doctrine and from deception. God has placed Pastors in a “rule over you” authority position, not to hurt you, but to protect you. Notice the words “our authority” in II Corinthians 10:8. If you submit to them you are protected. If you rebel you suffer. “Let the elders that rule well.” 1 Timothy 5:17. 

Five responsibilities to spiritual authority in a local church: 

1.     Remember them which have the rule over you...whose faith follow. 

2.     Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves; for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account that they may do it with joy and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you. Hebrews 13:7,17. 

3.     Greet them that have the rule over you, and all the saints. Hebrews 13:24. 

4.     Know (appreciate, respect) them which labour among you and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you. I Thessalonians 5:12. 
5.     Esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake. Be at peace among yourselves.v.13 

13.     DON’T WORRY, but TRUST AND OBEY GOD. 

“Casting all your care upon him; for He careth for you.” I Peter 5:7. 

“Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6,7. 

“Take no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.” Matthew 6:34. 

14.     AVOID SIN. 

Remember, sin brings you trouble, and obedience brings you God’s blessings. “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.” I John 2:1. 

15.     CONTINUED SIN BRINGS DISCIPLINE. 

If believer’s continue in sin without repenting, God will discipline us through trouble or suffering. 

The benefits of God’s discipline in Hebrews 12:5-11 are: 

i)     We give God reverence. (v.9). 

ii)     We profit by attaining holiness. (v.10). 

iii)     We yield the peaceable fruit of righteousness. (v.11). “Before I was afflicted, I went astray.” Psalm 119:67. 

16.     BE WATCHFUL FOR THE DEVIL’S ATTACKS. 

“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour. Whom resist steadfast in the faith (by Bible doctrine).” I Peter 5:8,9. 

17.     SOUL WINNING. Seek to win people to receive Jesus Christ as Saviour. “Follow me and I will make you fishers of men.” Matthew 4:19. 

“He that winneth souls is wise.” Proverbs 11:30. 

18.     ASSURANCE OF SALVATION. Be sure you are saved based on Bible promises. “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13. “He that has the Son has life…That ye may know that ye have eternal life.” I John 5:12,13. 

19.     JESUS CHRIST KEEPS US SAVED FOREVER. 

“I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish.” John 10:28. 

“To an inheritance incorruptible, undefiled, that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you. Who are kept by the power of God, through faith unto salvation...” I Peter 1:4,5. 

Jesus Christ is 100% responsible for saving us. Jesus Christ is 100% responsible for keeping us saved 

20.     MEMORIZE BIBLE VERSES, then whatever you do shall prosper. 

“Thy word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against thee.” Psalm 119:11. “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.” Joshua 1:8. 
21.     CONFESS SIN TO GOD IMMEDIATELY. 

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” I John 1:9. 

To confess (“homologeo” in Greek) sin means to call sin what God calls it. “He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.” Proverbs 28:13 

If we don’t confess our sins to God, we are out of fellowship with God and become miserable, self centred and depressed. 

22.     TELL SOMEONE THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED JESUS CHRIST AS SAVIOUR. 

Say: “I HAVE received the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour.” 

“If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord JESUS, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” Romans 10:9.

23.     GET BAPTIZED, after salvation, by full immersion in water, in a local Bible teaching church to obey Christ’s command in Matthew 28:19,20. 

“Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.” 

24.     TRUST GOD with your life to do the right and best things for you, always. Proverbs 3:5,6 show that God will guide us if we do 3 things: 

1.     “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and 

2.     lean not unto thine own understanding. 

3.     In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” 

25.     REWARDS. Revelation 22:12. 

God promises rewards for us in heaven according to our works for Christ in this life. “Behold I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.” 

26.     INVITE A FRIEND TO CHURCH, and invite a friend to meet a soul-winner who will share the gospel with him. “Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.” Luke 14:23. This verse tells us to do door knocking, and to look for people who are wanting to be saved. 

27.     GOD ACCEPTS US 100% AS WE ARE, because we have accepted Christ as our Saviour. 

“he hath made us accepted in the Beloved”. Ephesians 1:6. We can accept ourselves because God accepts us. 

God does not accept our sinful behaviour, but chastens us. 

28.     LOVE NOT THE WORLD, neither the things that are in the world. “The world passes away and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.” I John 2:15,17. 

Don’t love worldly things such as rock music, bad magazines, bad books and movies, drugs, alcohol, fornication, false religions, horoscopes, palm reading, gambling, etc. These will pull you away from God and your life will be of no use to God. “Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.” Ephesians 5:11. 

29.     RESIST TEMPTATION. 

The devil lies to us that if we sin, we will be happier. 

God says: “Be sure your sin will find you out.” Numbers 32:23. This means that if we sin the following things will happen: 
i)     God will be displeased. 

ii)     We will be found out some time. 

iii)     We will feel guilty. 

iv)     We will experience the bad consequences or punishment. 

v)     Our children will be likely to follow our sinful example. 

vi)     When our spouse or friends find out, they will no longer trust us. 

vii)     We will live in fear of being caught. 

viii)     Every sin you give into, reinforces a bad habit pattern. This makes it easier to sin again. 
“There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man, but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” I Corinthians 10:13.

So when you are tempted, look for the way to escape.

30.     SEEK WISDOM. 

Definition: Wisdom is the insight into the true nature of things. It is the ability to discern actions and their results. Pray to God daily for wisdom. 
    “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God…..…and it shall be given him.” James 1:5. 

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.” Proverbs 9:10. 
    “Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: Exalt her and she shall promote thee, she shall bring thee to honour....” Proverbs 4:7,8. 

31.     PROVISION. 

God promises to supply our needs if we put Him first. 

“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33. 

32.     AVOID WRONG FRIENDS, such as the ungodly, sinners and scornful. 

“Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.” Psalm 1:1. 

Ask God for godly friends who love Jesus Christ. Seek to study, understand, learn, apply, memorize and meditate on the Bible. Then whatever you do will prosper. 
    “But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night 

......whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.” Psalm 1:2,3. 

“My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.” Proverbs 1:10. “...he shall be holden with the cords of his sins.” Proverbs 5:22. 

“Make no friendship with an angry man....Lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul.” Proverbs 22:24,25. 
33.     BE PATIENT, and WAIT UPON THE LORD. 

We live in an age when everybody wants everything now. Patience builds character. It detaches us from materialism, anger, covetousness, and selfishness. Patience helps us to trust the Lord.

“Wait on the Lord, be of good courage,and he shall strengthen thine heart.” Psalm 27:14,James 1:2-4
34.     When things GO WRONG, don’t panic but trust God to bring good out of evil. “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God....” Romans 8:28. 

35.    JESUS Christ is RETURNING again to catch up the living and the dead believers to heaven, giving us resurrection bodies. Then He will bring us back with Him 7 years later to land on earth, taking it over as King of Kings, and Lord of Lords.

“For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.” I Thessalonians 4:16,17.

36.     DON’T FIGHT WITH YOUR FAMILY. 

“He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind.” Proverbs 11:29. The Lord promises to protect us as we stay fearing God. 
    “The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him and delivereth them.” Ps. 34:7. 

“Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.” Ps. 34:19. 
    “Hast thou not made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side?” Job 1:10. 
    Satan could not get past the hedge of protection that God had put around Job and all his possessions. Satan had to get God’s permission to attack Job. 

37.  The Lord is GOOD.    Definition of good: all the qualities of an ideal

person.

“O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.” Psalm 34:8.

“O how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee.” Psalm 31:19.
Since God is good to us, we should be good to God and man.

38.     GOD CREATED the HEAVEN and the EARTH in SIX LITERAL 24-HOUR DAYS. 

“In six days the Lord made the heaven and the earth...” Exodus 20:11. “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.” Genesis 1:1. “....from the beginning of the creation which God created....” Mark 13:19. 

“From the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.” Mark 10:6. Evolution is wrong because: 
i)     Sudden appearance of life in Cambrian strata (supposedly 500 million years old) shows an early unevolved complexity. 
ii)     Man’s recorded history only goes back to about 3000 BC. 

iii)     220 dating methods indicate a young earth of about 6,000 years old. 

iv)     We find no transitional fossil forms in the fossil layers between one species and another. 
v)     Misplaced fossils - for example, a shoe print on a trilobite. 

vi)     Brontosaurus cave paintings in Zimbabwe. This means that man and dinosaurs co-existed. 

vii)     No beneficial mutations causing a new species have been found. 

viii)     Complexity of the human body shows an intelligent Designer.(eg:babies made in 9 months) 
ix)     Second Law of Thermodynamics is opposed to Evolution. 

x)     Bad social effects of evolution. For example, no morality means no accountability. 

39.     WIN YOUR COUNTRY TO CHRIST, and BLESSING will follow. 

“Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord...”  Psalm 33:12. 

“Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.” Proverbs 14:34. 

“When thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind: And thou shalt be blessed...” Luke 14:13,14. 

40.  GIVE THANKS always to God and others.” I Thessalonians 5:18.

“In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you

41.     DON’T YOKE UP with UNBELIEVERS in MARRIAGE or in BUSINESS PARTNERSHIPS. (2 Corinthians 6:14-20). 

42.     The TONGUE. 

Avoid bad speech, slander, lies, swearing, etc. 

“Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.” Psalm 34:13. 

“A soft answer turneth away wrath; but grievous words stir up anger.” Proverbs 15:1. “....let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath.” James 1:19. 

“The tongue....is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.” James 3:8. 

43.     GUIDANCE. 

God promises to guide us in the right way all our life. 

“The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord..” Psalm 37:23. 

“Thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it....” Isaiah 30:21. 
    “The Lord shall guide thee continually...” Isaiah 58:11. 

“I will instruct thee, and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.” Psalm 32:8. 

44.     BE TRUTHFUL ALWAYS. 

Telling lies makes people distrust you. 

“Thou desirest truth in the inward parts.” Psalm 51:6. 

“Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord: but they that deal truly are his delight.” 

Proverbs 12:22. 

“A righteous man hateth lying.” Proverbs 13:5. 

“Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.” Ephesians 4:25. 
45.     Get ETERNAL VALUES. 

Many people just live for this life and money, never thinking that at death they must leave it all behind. A person with eternal values lives for Jesus Christ, winning people to Christ, and laying up treasures in heaven. Matthew 6:20. 

“So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.” Romans 14:12. 

“The world passes away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.” I John 2:17 
    If we live for this life only, we will lose rewards in heaven. 

46.     Aim to be PERFECT, SINLESS, HOLY. 

“Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.” Psalm 37:37. 

“Be ye holy; for I am holy.” I Peter 1:16. 

“ Let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.” II Corinthians 7:1. 
Never tolerate any sin ever in your life.

“Holiness becometh thine house, O Lord, forever.” Psalm 93:5.

“All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction …tthat the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.” 2 Tim. 3:16,17.

If you never do anything wrong, but always seek to please God, you will never have regrets or self-inflicted trouble.

Jesus said, and so should we: “I do always those things that please him.” John 8:29.

47.     DON’T BACKSLIDE. ‘The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways.’Proverbs 14:14 
    Don’t neglect daily prayer and Bible study, church or soul-winning. People backslide when they become filled with their own ways, and depart from God’s ways. Such people become very selfish. God soon disciplines them. 

48.     WORSHIP GOD. 

Worship means to acknowledge God’s worth. “O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker.” Psalm 95:6. 
    “O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.” Psalm 96:9. 

“....true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 
    God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.” John 4:23,24. 

We must worship God daily in family devotions and weekly in church. We worship God by praise, obedience, thanks, Bible study, church involvement, Gospel preaching, tithing, prayer etc. 

49.     DON’T COMPLAIN. 

Often, the more that people have, the more they complain. Think of all the good things that God has given us. Don’t focus on what we haven’t yet got. “ that there be no complaining in our streets.” Psalm 144:14. 

“These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts.” Jude 16. 
50.     HOW TO HAVE FAVOUR and a GOOD REPUTATION. 

“Let not mercy and truth forsake thee..... 

So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.” Proverbs 3:3,4 
    “Mercy and truth preserve the king.” Proverbs 20:28. 

i)     Show mercy to people by helping them in need. 

ii)     Always be truthful to people. Don’t be deceitful. 

Then God and man will show you favour and good understanding.

51.     BE TEACHABLE. ACCEPT REPROOF IN A HUMBLE MANNER. 

When someone rebukes you, don’t reject him, but think if what he says is true. Learn from it, and be corrected. 

“Poverty and shame shall be to him that refuseth instruction: but he that regardeth reproof shall be honoured.” Proverbs 13:18. 

“Rebuke a wise man, and he will be yet wiser.” Proverbs 9:8,9. “Open rebuke is better than secret love.” Proverbs 27:5. 

52.     SPEAK GOOD, ENCOURAGING  WORDS  TO  PEOPLE. 

So many difficult and discouraging things happen to people, that we need to encourage, help and strengthen people with kind words. Encourage people at church. “Heaviness in the heart of a man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.” Proverbs 12:25. 

“Let everyone of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.” Romans 15:2. Barnabus means the “son of consolation.” Acts 4:36; 9:27. 

53.     DON’T  BE  LAZY 

Work hard for God and use your time efficiently to lay up treasures in heaven. Time is a very precious asset. 

“Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.” Ephesians 5:16. 

“Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways and be wise: ....she gathers her food in the harvest.” Proverbs 6:6-11. 
    “....the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.” Proverbs 13:4. 

“His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant...Take therefore the talent from him, and give it to him who has 10 talents.” Matthew 25:26,28. 
    If we don’t use our God given abilities, we will lose them. We don’t have much time because, Jesus is returning soon. 

54.     A GOOD NAME IS VERY VALUABLE. 

“A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches.” Proverbs 22:1.
Sin gives you a bad name, and obeying God gives you a good name, before God and man.
Many believing chief rulers “loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.” John 12:43

55.     DON’T BE PROUD. 

“Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.” I Corinthians 8:1. 

One of the greatest failures of young Christians is that as they gain some knowledge, they become proud, break fellowship with their pastor and leave their church which taught them everything they know spiritually. They usually justify their leaving by 
looking hard for the smallest faults in the pastor or people in their church. They accuse them of legalism, etc., when the real problem is pride and rebellion inside them.

They should try to build the church that they were saved in, rather than expecting people to wait on them. Young Christians from age 17-30 are mostly prone to this. They forget all the good things that people have done for them. Ingratitude, fault-finding, and a critical spirit describes this person.

“Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.” Proverbs 16:18. “A man’s pride shall bring him low.” Proverbs 29:23.

Many people who leave one church in pride, will leave the next church as well.

They think that they are running away from their problems. The problems are inside them, and they carry their sins in their baggage to plague them at the next place.

56.     BE FRIENDLY and YOU WILL HAVE FRIENDS. 

Don’t sit back waiting for people to befriend you. Instead, you must go to people to make friends with them. Be friendly and speak to new people at church. 

“A man that hath friends must show himself friendly.” Proverbs 18:24. “Thine own friend, and thy father’s friend, forsake not.” Proverbs 27:10. Be loyal and committed to godly Christian friends and to church. 

57.     CHOOSE WISE, GODLY Christians AS YOUR BEST FRIENDS. 

“He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.” Proverbs 13:20. 

“Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge.” Proverbs 14:7. 
    “Fools make a mock at sin.” Proverbs 14:9. 

Only choose friends of those people who will make you a better Christian. Avoid those who will pull you down. We are like our friends, or we are becoming like them. You should meet wise, godly people at church. 

58.     DON’T LOOK AT or DRINK ALCOHOL. 

Alcohol destroys millions of lives and marriages each year. 

Companies produce and sell alcohol to make money, yet it costs the community more money than taxes raised. It is a deadly poison. 
    “Look not thou upon the wine when it is red....At the last it biteth like a serpent and stingeth like an adder. Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things. They have stricken me..,they have beaten me and I felt it not. I will seek it yet again.” Proverbs 23:31-35. 

Notice the above five troubles that people get from alcohol. God warns us all. 

“Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.” Proverbs 20:1. The wine that Jesus drank was non-alcoholic because it was made by adding water to a concentrate made by heating the water out of fresh grape juice (wine). This prevented fermentation. If you drink alcohol in moderation, you encourage others to drink also. 

59.     DON’T TAKE DRUGS eg: Marijuana, heroin, cigarettes, etc. 

People mostly take drugs because their bad friends ask them to, or to experience something new, or to cope with life’s pressures. 
    “A fool has no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.” Proverbs 18:2. 
60.     BE FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT DAILY. 

How? By studying God’s Word, praying, obeying God, confessing sin, etc. 

“Be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit.” Ephesians 5:18. Don’t be filled with self, fear, or the world, but with Christ, the Holy Spirit, the Word of God and the things of God. 

61.     STOP LISTENING TO WRONG INFORMATION, 

such as evolution, immorality, pornography, rebellion, feminism, false religions, occult, astrology, rock music, complaining, self-pity, lies, Bible denying philosophy, wrong theology,etc. 

“Cease my son, to hear the instruction that causeth thee to err from the words of knowledge.” Proverbs 19:27. 

“The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.” Psalm 14:1. 

62.     PRAISE GOD continually. 

This will focus our attention on God’s goodness. 

“By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.” Hebrews 13:15. 

“Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me.” Psalm 50:23. 

“Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men.” Psalm 107:8. 

“Seven times a day do I praise thee.” Psalm 119:164. 

63.     BE CONSTANTLY FAITHFUL. 

Be faithful to God, to a good church, and to God’s work all your life. 

“Moreover, it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.” I Corinthians 4:2. “Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find?” Proverbs 20:6. 
    “Confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble is like a broken tooth, and a foot out of joint.” Proverbs 25:19. 

An unfaithful man cannot be relied upon. Don’t be unfaithful. If we are faithful in the small things, we’ll be faithful in the big things. 

“He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much.” Luke 16:10. 

Will Christ say to you: “Well done thou good and faithful servant?” Matthew 25:21. 

64.     TRAIN CHILDREN IN GOD’S WAYS. 

This is done by the Word of God, and by being a godly example to them. If you don’t train them correctly, they will learn wrong values from the world, school, TV, peers, etc., thus breaking your heart and bringing shame to you. “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6. 

“Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.” Proverbs 22:15. “Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from HELL.” Proverbs 23:14. 
    We must teach our children to live by the Bible as the right guide to living. We must discipline our children with a rod, breaking their rebellious spirit to get them to obey their parents and God before they reach age of 5 Years. 

“The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself brings his mother to shame.” Proverbs 29:15. 
    We train children by kind instruction, the rod and by much love. 
65.     PRAY FOR A WISE  AND GODLY WIFE OR HUSBAND. 

“A prudent wife is from the Lord.” Proverbs 19:14. 

Most people marry someone like themselves. If you are a person of wisdom, godliness, and character, you should seek to marry someone just the same. 

66.     YOUNG LADIES, be a VIRTUOUS WOMAN FOR GOD. 

“Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. A woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.” Proverbs 31:10-31. 

Don’t be a rebellious feminist. Seek to marry a godly husband who will be a good helper in God’s work, and who will help you to raise up the next generation to be godly. God’s will for young ladies is found in I Timothy 5:14, 

“I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion for the adversary to speak reproachfully.” 

67.     FLEE FORNICATION and ADULTERY. 

“Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is outside the body; but he that commiteth fornication sinneth against his own body.” I Corinthians 6:18. 

“Whoso commiteth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.” Proverbs 6:32. 

“Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.” Hebrews 13:4. 

Be content to wait until marriage. 

Sex before marriage acts like a wedge. 

When a couple live together before marriage, the man has what he wants, but the girl wants the security of marriage. 

She pesters him to get married. 

He says “We can’t afford it now, wait until later.” 

She gets angry. He resents an angry, insecure woman. 

They fight. Then they split up. At age 30, they must start again to find someone suitable. It happens all the time. 

68.     BE  GODLY  IN YOUR  YOUTH. 

“Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not....” Ecclesiastes 12:1. 

If you are godly in your youth, you establish a habit of godliness, thus making it easier to be godly all your life. Prepare yourself by Bible study, prayer and soul-winning to be a servant of God or a missionary. Have a personal sense of destiny. “Who knows whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” Esther 4:14. 

69.     The LOVE OF MONEY is the ROOT OF ALL EVIL. 

Money is a good servant to further the Lord’s work, to help others and to purchase our needs, but it becomes a tyrannical master that can enslave our minds and rob us of time, peace, and happy relationships when we place too high a value on it. We cannot take money with us when we die, so we should be more concerned with laying up treasures in heaven. Proverbs 23:5 says that “riches certainly make themselves wings and fly away...” 

God entrusts us with money to use for His purposes. 
70.     LAY UP TREASURES IN HEAVEN. Matthew 6:19-21. 

“Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.” Colossians 3:2. What do you love the most, earthly or heavenly things? Heavenly things last forever and are ours to keep. Earthly things are lent to us by God for a time to use for God. Jesus told about a rich fool who died and went to hell, leaving all his material possessions behind. “God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.” Luke 12:20,21 

We can lay up treasures in heaven by winning people to Christ, living by Bible truths, and by building churches. We will then be welcomed by those people into “everlasting habitations” (Luke 16:9), and we will have an “abundant entrance into Christ’s everlasting kingdom.” II Peter 1:11. 
    Question:  Are you rich toward God? Are you laying up treasures in heaven? 

71.     BE COURAGEOUS FOR GOD. 

“The righteous are bold as a lion.” Proverbs 28:1. 

“Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might.” Ecclesiastes 9:10. Attempt great things for God. Expect great things from God. 

72.     IDENTIFY DANGEROUS SITUATIONS and AVOID THEM. 

“A prudent man forseeth the evil, and hides himself; but the simple pass on and are punished.” Proverbs 27:12. 

73.     DON’T GIVE UP SERVING GOD 

because people’s eternal destiny is at stake. We need to rescue people from going to hell. 

“Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” Galatians 6:9 

“A just man falleth seven times, and rises up again.” Proverbs 24:16 

“If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small....shall not he render to every man according to his works?” Proverbs 24:10-12. 

Keep serving God in the one place all your life because you will build up a wide range of contacts. You will have a strong home base church to reach the world. Trouble is sure to come and the devil wants you to quit, but don’t. 

“Therefore, my beloved brethern, be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.” I Corinthians 15:58. Claim this promise when you feel like giving up. Something good may be just around the corner. If you give up, you’ll miss all the good future things. Remember and appreciate the good past blessings. If you quit, you’ll discourage others so they may quit. God will be displeased. If you persevere, you’ll encourage others to persevere. God’s work will then progress. 

74.     WHERE THERE IS NO VISION, the PEOPLE PERISH. Proverbs 29:18. 

Have a vision of the great plans and opportunities that God has for your life. Attempt great things for God. You only get one chance at this life to win souls for Christ. Don’t waste your life by living for self and sin, but fully yield and surrender your WILL to follow God’s plans for your life to win and teach people for Christ. 

Telling people how to be saved is something that we cannot do in heaven. Get a vision of winning many people to Christ, and starting many churches all over the world. 
Otherwise, you’ll perish by getting sidetracked into something useless for God and of no eternal value.

75.     DON’T HARDEN YOUR HEART AGAINST GOD and YOUR PASTOR. 

“He that hardens his heart shall fall into mischief.” Proverbs 28:14. 

“He that being often reproved, hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.” Proverbs 29:1. 
    Many teens and adults learn some Bible, then they think that they know it all. They proudly despise and reject older and wiser Christians and their Pastor. They harden their hearts against God, then they fall into deep sin, sorrow and discipline. Don’t you be one of these. 

76.     DON’T LEAVE the PLACE OF SPIRITUAL BLESSING: A GOOD CHURCH. 

Abraham went to Bethel (House of God), the place of blessing. (Genesis 12:7-13:4). When a famine came, he went down to Egypt (v.11), a type of the world. While in Egypt, Pharaoh wanted to take Abraham’s wife Sarai, except the Lord plagued Pharaoh’s house. Pharaoh then rebuked Abraham for lying that Sarai was his sister. Then Abraham returned to Bethel. 

Lesson: The devil will always try to get you to leave a good church (Bethel) against the pastor’s advice. He will tempt you to go somewhere else, so that he can get you away from spiritual blessings. Be content, stay where you are, even if you feel you are going through a famine as Abraham did. Learn to be committed to your church. If you leave, something much worse than a famine can happen, and often does. For example, marrying a wrong person, getting into a church teaching error, etc. Jacob went to Egypt in a famine, and put 2 million descendants into bondage. 

77.     DON’T BE LIKE CHILDREN 

Tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine. Unbiblical religious people will lie in wait to deceive you by fraud, and by cunning craftiness of false doctrines. Ephesians 4:14. 

78.     BEWARE OF WOLVES IN SHEEP’S CLOTHING. 

One of Satan’s first and favourite attacks on young Christians is to deceive and confuse them by religious wolves. 

a)     Jesus warned against wolves: “Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits.” Matt. 7:15,16. 
b)     Paul warned against wolves: “For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things,to draw away disciples after them. Therefore, watch & remember”Acts20:29-31 

Stay loyal to the pastor and people who led you to Christ. Wolves will criticize the pastor to you to seduce you away from the under-shepherd.

79.     BE LOYAL 

When godly people help you, be loyal to them, your church, your pastor, God, your parents, and to the work of God. Don’t be like a grasshopper, hopping from church to church. Be stable, committed and loyal. Remember the good that godly people have done to you. “Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house.” Proverbs 17:13. 
80.     WHAT YOU SOW, YOU WILL SURELY REAP. 

“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.” Galatians 6:7,8. 

When you are tempted to sin, or to reject a Godly person, remember that when you sin against someone, then someone else will do a similar sin against you. For example, David murdered Uriah and committed adultery with Bathsheba. He reaped the bad consequences of four of his sons being murdered, his daughter being raped, and his wives being sexually violated. If you sow good, you reap good. If you sow evil, you will reap evil. 

81.     The purpose of life is USEFULNESS to God and others. 

So many people are bored in life because they are living for themselves. These are selfish people. The aim of life is usefulness, not pleasure. Self discipline is necessary to achieve things for Christ in this life. Most young people think that the purpose of life is to live for pleasure, themselves and entertainment. Young people must quickly learn self discipline to study the Bible, to win souls to Christ, to do follow up, to resist temptation and to be committed to church as it seeks to win the world for Christ. “It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth.” Lamentations 3:27. 

82.     GOD IS ABLE TO DO EXCEEDING ABUNDANTLY ABOVE ALL THAT WE ASK or THINK. Ephesians 3:20. 

When concerned, let us persevere serving God, because when we give God complete control of our lives, God can do exceeding, abundantly above all that we ask or think. Have faith to step out and do things for God. He will pleasantly surprise you by the great end results. 

83.     CHILDREN OBEY YOUR PARENTS in the Lord, because: 

i)     It is right, 

ii)     That it may be well with thee, 

iii)     That you may live long on the earth. Ephesians 6:1-3. 

84.     SUBMITTING YOURSELVES ONE TO ANOTHER, in the fear of the Lord. Ephesians 5:21 
    This is the key to a happy marriage: 

i)     Wives duty: Wives submit yourselves unto your own husbands as unto the Lord. Eph. 5:22. 
ii)     Husbands duty: Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church and gave himself for it. Ephesians 5:25. 

85.     PUT ON THE WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD, 

that you may be able to stand against the devil’s devices.  We are in an intense 
spiritual warfare between God’s kingdom and Satan’s kingdom over the souls of men going to heaven or hell. We must stand and put on the armour of:

i)     Truth around our waist, 

ii)     Righteousness as our breastplate, 

iii)     Gospel of peace on our feet, 

iv)     Shield of faith to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked, 

v)     Salvation assurance as a helmet, 
vi)     Word of God as the sword of the Spirit, 

vii)     Praying always, 

viii)     Watching for all saints. Ephesians 6:10-18. 

Many people get saved, but through disobedience and carelessness they don’t put on the whole armour of God. They soon become defeated, and waste their lives for God.

86.     HOW TO HAVE VICTORY OVER SIN and TEMPTATION. 

1)     Know that our old man (old nature) is crucified with Christ. Romans 6:6. 

2)     Reckon ourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God. 

3)     Yield our members as servants to righteousness unto holiness. Romans 6:19. 

4)     Resist the devil and he will flee from you. James 4:7. 

87.     COMFORT. 

“We know that all things work together for good to them that love God...” Romans 8:28. 

“If God be for us, who can be against us?” Romans 8:31. 

“I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that shall be revealed in us.” Romans 8:18. 

“He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?” Romans 8:32. 
    Nothing “shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:39. 

88.     SIX STEPS TO PEOPLE GETTING SAVED are: 1. one is SENT, 

2.  one PREACHES the gospel, 

3.  people HEAR, 

4.  people BELIEVE, 

5. people CALL on the name of the Lord to save them, 6. people are SAVED. Romans 10:13-15. 

“How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace.” “Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.” Romans 10:17 

89.     GIVE JESUS CHRIST FULL CONTROL of YOUR LIFE. 

“Present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.” Romans 12:1. 
    “My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.” Proverbs 23:26. Put Jesus Christ in the driver’s seat of your life, letting him take you where He wishes. 

90.     RENEW and TRANSFORM your MIND by the WORD of GOD. 

“Be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.” Romans 12:2. 

All your life up until salvation, you may have taken in worldly, wrong values. Be willing to let the Bible transform your mind by saturating your thinking with God’s thoughts. 

Reject all wrong thinking. Find and fulfil God’s will for your life by letting the Bible transform your mind.
91.     USE YOUR SPIRITUAL GIFTS, that Christ gave you at salvation to build up your church. 

The 11 permanent gifts are: 

1.     Evangelist (Ephesians 4:11) - ability to lead sinners to Christ, and teach and motivate Christians to share the Gospel. 
2.     Pastor/Teacher (Ephesians 4:11) - preach, teach, feed and lead Christians. 

3.     Teachers (I Corinthians 12:28) - ability to communicate and clarify Bible doctrine. 

4.     Helps or ministering (I Corinthians 12:28; Romans 12:7) - giving practical assistance. 
5.     Rule or governments (I Corinthians 12:28; Romans 12:8) - organize, administer, and promote people or projects with diligence. 

6.     Mercy (Romans 12:8) - helping sick or suffering people in a cheerful manner. 

7.     Exhortation (Romans 12:8) - ability to give challenging, encouraging words. Stay for exhortation after the Church service. 
8.     Giving (Romans 12:8) - ability to accumulate and give large sums of money to further God’s work. Give simply. 
9.     Wisdom (I Corinthians 12:8) - ability to rightly apply human and divine knowledge. 

10.     Spirit Discernment (I Corinthians 12:10) - ability to distinguish between demonic, human and divine works. 

11.     Faith (I Corinthians 12:9) - ability to believe and expect great things from God. The 7 temporary gifts ceased in the first century, and are Apostles, prophecy, 
miracles, healing, knowledge, tongues, and interpretation of tongues. “Confirming the word with signs following.” Mark 16:20. Once the N.T. word was confirmed by signs, then sign gifts were no longer needed.

92.     WE MUST ALL APPEAR before the JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST. Romans 14:10; II Corinthians 5:10. “So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.” Romans14:12 
    Believers will either be rewarded if our life’s work for Christ abides to eternity, or we will suffer loss if we don’t serve Christ. I Corinthians 3:11-15. 

“...every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.” I Corinthians 3:8. 
    “And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.” Colossians 3:23-25. 

93.     UNREPENTED SIN SPREADS THROUGH A CHURCH, like leaven (yeast), then God judges the sin. 

“Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump...” I Corinthians 5:6,7. 
    Many churches are destroyed by tolerating sin. God hates sin and so must we. 

Don’t keep company or eat meals with anyone that is called a brother if he continues unrepenting in the sins of: i) fornication ii) covetous iii) idolater iv) railer (cursing, abusive), v) drunkard vi) extortioner.

“Do not ye judge them that are within (the church)? But them that are outside God judges. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.”

I Corinthians 5:11-13.

94.     MEN HAVE SHORT HAIR. Don’t follow worldly fashions. 

“Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her.” I Corinthians 11:14,15. 
    Men must look different to women. Demons in Revelation 9:8 have long hair. 

95.  The WILDERNESS GENERATION that sinned teaches us that:

i)     we should not lust after evil things, 

ii)     neither be idolaters, 

iii)     neither let us commit fornication, 

iv)     neither let us tempt Christ, 

v)     neither murmur ye. I Corinthians 10:1-12. 

96.     LIVE the FAITH-REST LIFE. 

The wilderness generation failed to enter the promised land because they refused to believe God’s promises. 

“Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.....the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For we which have believed do enter into rest....Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest....” Hebrews 4:1,2,3,11. 

When faced with difficulties we can either trust God, or blame God. We should rest in God’s promises for victory, knowing that God is in control. 

97.     PREACH the GOSPEL. 

“Woe is unto me if I preach not the Gospel.” I Corinthians 9:16. “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Matthew 4:19. “....preach the gospel in the regions beyond you...” II Corinthians 10:16. If we don’t preach the gospel, people will go to hell.

98.     GOD PERMITS HERESIES in churches, to see who is approved & who is disapproved. 

Those who stand up for the truth are approved by God. Those who believe the false doctrine are disapproved by God. Whenever a conflict arises in your church it is a test to see if you have the courage to take the side of truth. 

“For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. I Corinthians 11:19. 

99.     EACH LOCAL CHURCH is like a BODY, 

that needs each member to work together to pull their load, so that the Lord’s work gets done. Therefore, let us co-operate, loyally maintaining unity in our church work. I Corinthians 12:12-27 

100.     LORD’S SUPPER GUIDELINES.  I Corinthains 11:23-34. 

1.     The bread (unleavened) reminds us of Christ’s body that was broken for us. v.24. 

2.     The grapejuice (non-alcoholic) reminds us of Christ’s blood shed for our sins. v.25. 
3.     We do it in remembrance of Jesus Christ. v.25. 

4.     It shows the Lord’s death till He come. v.26. 

5.     We must first examine ourselves, then confess any sin before coming to the Lord’s supper. v.28. 
6.     We must judge our sins, or God will judge us with sickness or death. v.29-34. 

101. 4 COMMANDS IN I Corinthians 10:31-33.

i)     “....whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.” v.31. 

ii)     “Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the Church of God.” v.32. 

iii)     “....not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.” v.33. 
iv)     “Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.” 11:1. 

102.     8 REGULATIONS FOR THE GIFT OF TONGUES: Tongues are: 

i)     A sign, not for believers, but to unbelievers. I Corinthians 14:22. 

ii)     God promised to use tongues to warn the Jews to repent. v.21. 

iii)     Gentiles, unbelievers, and those unlearned in the Old Testament think you are mad if you speak in tongues. 14:23. 
iv)     Only 2 or 3 should speak in tongues in the church in the first century. 14:27. 

v)     They should speak by course ie: one after the other. 14:27. 

vi)     Let one interpret, otherwise keep quiet. 14:27,28. 

vii)     Women should not speak in tongues in church. 14:34. 

viii)     Don’t pray in tongues, because “understanding is unfruitful.’ 14:14,15. 

Since the Jews ignored the tongues warning to repent, God judged them by the Roman army destroying Jerusalem in 70 AD. Tongues then ceased, and are not applicable today.

103.     NOW ABIDETH FAITH, HOPE and CHARITY, THESE THREE. I Corinthians 13:13. 

Faith, hope and love are permanent in the Church Age. Prophecy, tongues and knowledge (of God’s will before the full Bible was completed) were temporary gifts in the church age, each passing away in the first century. Any people giving “new revelations” not contained in the Bible are false prophets giving false prophecies. Revelation 22:18. 

104.     The GOSPEL that Paul preached is that: 

i)     Christ died for our sins, 

ii)     Christ was buried, 

iii)     Christ rose again the third day. I Corinthians 15:1-4. 

105.     TAKE EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE GOD. 

“For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.” I Cor. 16:9. 

106.     REJECT SATAN’S DEVICES and RESIST the DEVIL. 

i)     “Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.” 
    II Corinthians 2:11. 

ii)     Submit yourselves to God. eg. church, Bible study and prayer. 

iii)     “Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 

iv)     Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.” James 4:7,8; I Peter 5:8,9. Use these 4 tactics to defeat Satan’s attacks on us. 
107.     WHEN BELIEVERS DIE, we ENTER HEAVEN. 

“We are confident and willing....to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord” (in heaven). II Corinthians 5:8. 

“Them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him.” I Thessalonians 4:14. 

“For I am in a straight betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and TO BE WITH CHRIST...” Philippians 1:23. 
    ”Wherefore, seeing we also are surrounded by so great a cloud of WITNESSES.” Hebrews 12:1. 
    Dead believer’s souls in heaven witness our life on earth, not in soul sleep. 

“....the heavenly Jerusalem....to the SPIRITS of just men made perfect.” Hebrews 12:22,23. 
    “I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God...” Revelation 6:9. “To an inhheritance, incorruptible, undefiled….. reserved in heaven for you.” I Peter 1:4. 
    “The LORD my God shall come,and all the saints with thee.” Zechariah 14:5. Come from where? 
    Use these verses with Jehovah’s Witnesses, SDA’s and Christadelphians. 

108.     REASONS FOR SERVING GOD and WINNING SOULS. 

1.     We labour, that,....we may be accepted of him. II Corinthians 5:9. 

2.     We must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 5:10. 

3.     Knowing the terror of the Lord, we persuade men. 5:11. 

4.     The love of Christ constrains us. 5:14. 

5.     He died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them and rose again. 5:15. 

6.     People become new creatures in Christ. 5:17. 

7.     God has given us the ministry and word of reconciliation. 5:18,19. 

8.     We are ambassadors for Christ. 5:20. 

109.     FIVE CROWNS for FAITHFUL BELIEVERS. 

1.     Incorruptible crown – for those who master the old nature. I Corinthians 9:25-27. 

2.     Crown of Rejoicing – for those who win people to Christ. I Thessalonians 2:19,20. 

3.     Crown of Life – for those who endure temptation. James 1:12; Revelation 2:10. 

4.     Crown of Righteousness -for those who love Christ’s appearing (rapture). II Timothy 4:8. 
5.     Crown of Glory - for faithful pastors. I Peter 5:2-4. 

110.     DO NOT MARRY AN UNBELIEVER. 

“Be not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship has righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion has light with darkness? II Corinthians 6:14. 

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. II Corinthians 6:17. Don’t mix with worldly things, or enter a long term business partnership with unbelievers or marry an unbeliever. Don’t work with Christians in outreach who don’t hold the doctrine of Christ. Hebrews 6:1,2. 
111.     SEEK PEACE IN YOUR CHURCH. 

“I fear lest, when I come,....there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings (pride), tumults, ...uncleanness, fornication, lasciviousness.” II Corinthians 12:20. 

If Christians in a church fight each other, they will not be winning people to Christ. Christians who quit soul-winning and quit fighting the devil, often fight each other. 

112.     BEWARE of those coming to you preaching. 

1.     Another Jesus whom we have not preached, 

2.     If ye receive another Spirit, which ye have not received, 

3.     Another Gospel, which ye have not accepted. II Corinthians 11:4. 

Beware of “false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness.” II Corinthians 11:13-15.

“If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.” Galatians 1:9.

113.     DON’T BE MEN PLEASERS, but be a GOD PLEASER. 

“If I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.” Galatians 1:10. “We ought to obey God rather than men.” Acts 5:29. 

They (chief rulers who believed), because of the Pharisees did not confess Jesus, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.” John 12:42,43. Always do what is right in God’s eyes. 

114.     WE ARE NOT SAVED BY OUR GOOD WORKS…… 

or in keeping the Law, or by baptism, or by sacraments, etc, but by FAITH in CHRIST as SAVIOUR. “Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ...not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.” Galatians 2:16. 

“If righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.” Galatians 2:21. 

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto GOOD WORKS...’. Ephesians 2:8,9,10. 

FACTS        FAITH in        SAVED        GOOD       
of Bible        Christ as Saviour                WORKS       

115.     WALK IN THE SPIRIT, and ye shall not fulfil the lusts of the flesh. Galatians 5:16. This means to be continually filled with the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 5:18. 

The works of the flesh are: 

Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings .....they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 

But the fruit of the Spirit is: 

Love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance. Galatians 5:19-23. 
116.     WALK WORTHY. Ephesians 4:1-6:24. How? 

1.     Lowliness, meekness, longsuffering, forbearing one another in love, keep the unity of the Spirit. 4:2,3. 

2.     Evangelists, Pastors/teachers use your gifts to: 

a)     Perfect the saints. 

b)     Do the work of the ministry. 

c)     Edify the body of Christ. 4:11-13. 

3.     Don’t be like children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine. 4:14. 

4.     Speak the truth in love, that you may grow up... 4:15. 

5.     Walk not as other Gentiles walk in their vain mind, having darkened understanding, ignorant, blind hearts, being past feeling, given to lasciviousness (continuous evil thoughts), uncleanness, greediness. 4:17-19. 

6.     Put off the former conversation of the old man. 4:22. 

7.     Be renewed in the spirit of your mind. 4:23. 

8.     Put on the new man, created in righteousness and holiness. 4:24. 

9.     Put away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour. 4:25. 

10.     Be angry and sin not. 4:26. 

11.     Don’t give place to the devil. 4:27. 

12.     Steal no more, but labour to give to needy people. 4:28. 

13.     Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but speak good edifying words. 4:29. 

14.     Grieve not the Holy Spirit of God. 4:30. 

15.     Put away all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamour, evil speaking and malice.  4:31. 

16.     Be kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you. 4:32. 

17.     Be followers of God. 5:1. 

18.     Walk in love. 5:2. 

19.     Let not fornication, uncleanness, covetousness, filthiness, foolish talking, jesting be once named among you. 5:3,4. 

20.     Walk as children of light. 5:8. 

21.     Prove what is acceptable to the Lord. 5:10. 

22.     Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. 5:11. 

23.     Walk circumspectly (cautious, prudent, discreet) wisely. 5:15. 

24.     Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 5:16. 

25.     Understand what the will of the Lord is. 5:17. 

26.     Be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit. 5:18. 

27.     Sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs in melody to the Lord. 5:19. 

28.     Giving thanks always for all things unto God. 5:20. 

29.     Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. 5:21. 

30.     Wives submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as to the Lord. 5:22. 

31.     Husbands love your wives, even as Christ loved the church, and gave himself for it. 5:25. 
32.     Children obey your parents in the Lord. 6:1. 

33.     Fathers provoke not your children to wrath. 6:4. 

34.     Servants obey your masters,..as unto Christ. 6:5. 

35.     Masters forbear threatening. 6:9. 

36.     Be strong in the Lord. 6:10. 

37.     Put on the whole armour of God, to stand against the wiles of the devil. 6:11 

38.     Pray always. 6:18. 

39.     Watch with all perseverance and supplication for all saints. 6:18. 

117.     DON’T COMMIT SUICIDE. 

“To abide in the flesh is more needful for you.” Philippians 1:24. 

God has given us the gift of life. We must use our life for Christ and others. We must win souls to Christ and teach Christians. It is the Devil’s voice telling you to suicide. Reject his words. 

Suicide is very selfish. Care about serving God and helping others. Most problems are short lived. If you wait a while, the problem tempting you to suicide will soon be forgotten. If you suicide, you will miss all the good things in the future. 

118.     EXPECT SUFFERING. 

“For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake.” Philippians 1:29. 

“We must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.” Acts 14:22. 

“Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.” II Timothy 3:12. 
    “That no man should be moved by these afflictions: for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto.” I Thessalonians 3:3. 

119.     DON’T BE SELFISH, but CARING and HELPING OTHERS. Philippians 2:20,21,4. 

“I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state.” v.20. 

“For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ’s.” v.21. “Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.” v.4. 
    Selfish people complain, find faults and think little of others. If we are selfish, other believers have to work harder, “to supply your lack of service toward me.” Philippians 2:30. 

120.     FORGET THE PAST you can’t change it. 

“This one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize....” Philippians 3:13,14. 

Many psychiatrists try to delve back into your past to make you relive or resolve past bad situations. This is wrong. Learn lessons from past mistakes and sins, don’t dwell on them, but press toward and work for the future prize in heaven. 

121.     REJOICE IN THE LORD ALWAYS. Philippians 4:4. Look on the bright side. Be an optimistic, rejoicing Christian. 

122.     THINK ON EIGHT KINDS OF THINGS. 

Whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, good report, virtue, and praise, think on these things.” Philippians 4:8. 
    Don’t look at bad movies, bad books, or anything against these 8 values. 
123.     BE CONTENT with what God sends your way. Philippians 4:11,12,13,19. “Godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing let us be therewith content. They that will be rich fall into temptation, and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts....For the love of money is the root of all evil......But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.” I Timothy 6:6-11. 

“Not that I speak in respect to want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. v.11. 
    I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: everywhere and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. v.12. 
    I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.” v.13. 

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” v.19. 

124.     CHRIST DEFEATED ALL SATAN’S ANGELS and POWERS at his death and resurrection. Let us not fear the devil, but fear God. 
    “Having spoiled principalities and powers.” Colossians 2:15. 

125.     DON’T TOLERATE EVIL and SIN, but REBUKE IT. 

“Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.” Colossians 1:28. 
    Of all errors, toleration is the most dangerous and will damn many people to hell. Other errors only overturn one truth, but by toleration of sin and false doctrine, way is made to overturn all the truths in scripture. “Warn them that are unruly.” I Thessalonians 5:14. 
    Toleration sets up all errors opposite to truth. People who tolerate errors, will not tolerate believers who are intolerant of errors. They think we are narrow-minded, or legalist. This sin of toleration becomes the open door to all false doctrines. 

126.     BEWARE. 

1 Lest thou forget the Lord, which brought thee....out of bondage. Deuteronomy 6:12. 

2 Beware that thou forget not the Lord thy God, in not keeping his commandments.... Deuteronomy 8:11. 

3.     Beware of the Lord disciplining us. “Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware.” Proverbs 19:25. 
4.     Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Matthew 7:15. 

5.     Beware of men: for they will deliver you up to councils. Matthew 10:17. 

6.     Beware of the leaven of false doctrine. Matthew 16:12. 

7.     Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing,.....loveth the chief seats,.....which devour widow’s houses, and for a pretence make long prayers: these shall receive greater damnation.” Mark 12:38-40. 

8.     Beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consists not in the abundance of things which he possesses. Luke 12:15. 

9.     Beware of dogs (outside) beware of evil workers (inside), beware of the concision (legalism). Philippians 3:2. 
10.     Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy & vain deceit, after the tradition of men (Roman Catholic Church), after the rudiments of the world,and not after Christ.Colossians2:8 

127.     FULFIL YOUR MINISTRY. 

“And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it.” Colossians 4:17. We all have been given a ministry that God wants us to fulfil. 

We must not be lazy, sidetracked, fall into sin or give up. Fulfil God’s plans for your life. 
    Start doing something for God today. Don’t waste your life on things of no eternal value. 
    Have a sense of destiny, of the importance of your life for eternity, for souls and for Jesus Christ . 

128. 14 CHARACTERISTICS of a DISCIPLE - MAKER. I Thessalonians 2. 1. We were bold to speak the Gospel, with much contention. v.2.

2     Our exhortation was not of deceit, uncleanness or guile. v.3. 

3     We speak; not as pleasing men, but pleasing God. v.4. 

4     We never used flattering words, nor a cloke of covetousness. v.5. 

5.     We never sought glory of men. v.6. 

6.     We were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherishes her children. v.7. 

7.     We affectionately desired you, imparting to you our own souls. v.8. 

8     We laboured and travailed night and day, so as not to charge you. v.9. 

9     We behaved ourselves to believers holy, justly and unblameably. v.10. 

10.     We exhorted, comforted and charged every one of you, as a father does his children, that ye would walk worthy of God. v.11. 
11.     We thank God that ye received the Word of God as God’s Word. v.13. 

12.     Ye became followers of the churches of God in Judea. v.14. 

13.     We endeavoured to see your face with great desire. v.17. 

14.     Ye are our hope, glory, joy, our crown of rejoicing at Christ’s coming. v.19. 

129.     FIVE BENEFITS OF SUFFERING. 

“ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen.” I Thessalonians 2:14. 

1.     It proves the reality of our faith. It weeds out mere professors. I Peter 1:7. 

2.     It enables us to comfort and encourage others who are going through trials. II Corinthians 1:4. 
3.     It develops character eg: patience. Romans 5:3. 

4    It makes us more zealous in spreading the Gospel. Acts 8:3,4.

5.     It helps remove the dross from our lives. Job 23:10. 

6    It proves our love for Christ, as we patiently endure suffering.

130. SEVEN EVENTS OF the RAPTURE I Thessalonians 4:13-18.

1.     Them also which sleep in Jesus will God (the Son) bring with Him. 4:14. 

Christ who is God will bring dead believers spirits and souls with Him.

2     The Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God. 4:16. 

3.     The dead in Christ shall rise first. 4:16. 
4     We which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds. 4:17. 

5.    We will meet the Lord in the air. 4:17.

6     So shall we ever be with the Lord. 4:17. 

7     Comfort one another with these words. 4:18. 

131.     WE ARE MADE UP OF SPIRIT, SOUL and BODY. I Thessalonians 5:23. 

132. ANTICHRIST SHALL COME after BELIEVERS are CAUGHT UP. II Thess. 2:1-12.

133.     MEN, GET A JOB, DON’T BE LAZY: “If any would not work, neither should he eat.” II Thess. 3:10. 

134.     EXHORTATIONS. I Thessalonians 5:11-26. 

1.    Comfort yourselves    11.    Rejoice evermore       
2.    Edify one another    12.    Pray without ceasing       
3.    Esteem Pastors very highly    13.    In everything give thanks       
4.    Be at peace    14.    Quench not the Spirit       
5.    Warn the unruly    15.    Despise not prophesyings       
6.    Comfort the feebleminded    16.    Prove all things       
7.    Support the weak    17.    Hold fast to that which is good       
8.    Be patient to all men    18.    Abstain from all appearance of evil       
9.    Don’t render evil for evil    19.    Brethren, pray for us       
10.    Ever follow what is good    20.    Greet all the brethren.     

135. WITHDRAW YOURSELVES FROM EVERY BROTHER walking DISORDERLY, who walks not after the traditions received from the apostles. II Thessalonians 3:6.

“If any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.” 3:14.
“Mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned;& avoid them. By good words and fair speeches they deceive the hearts of the simple” Rom.16:17-18
“Cast out the scorner, and contention shall go out; yea strife and reproach shall cease.” Prov. 22:10
“....an abomination unto him,....he that soweth discord among the brethren.” Proverbs 6:19.

136. FAITHFUL SAYINGS.

1.     Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. I Timothy 1:15. 

2    If any man desire the office of a bishop, he desires a good work. 3:1

3.     Bodily exercise profits little, but godliness is profitable to all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. 4:9. 

4.     If we be dead with him, we shall also live with him. If we suffer with him, we shall also reign with him. If we deny him, he also will deny us. If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. II Timothy 2:11-13. 

5     They which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. Titus 3:8. 

137. INSTRUCTIONS FOR WOMEN.       
1.   Women adorn themselves in modest clothing, with reverence and sobriety.  I       
    Timothy 2:9.       
2.    I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man,but to be in       
    silence.2:12       
    Women must not teach men in spiritual things, nor be pastors because:       
    i)    Adam was first formed. 2:13       
    ii)    Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the       
        transgression. 2:14.       
3.    I will that the younger women: I Timothy 5:14.       
    i)    Marry.       
    ii)    Bear children.       
    iii)    Guide the house.       
    iv)  Give no occasion for the enemy to speak reproachfully.       
4.    She shall be saved from a purposeless life by childbearing if she continues in       
    faith, charity, holiness, sobriety. I Timothy 2:15.       
5.    Aged women be holy, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teach young       
    women to:       
    i)    be sober.       
    ii)    love their husbands.       
    iii)    love their children.       
    iv)    be discreet.       
    v)    be chaste.       
    vi)   keepers at home (“keep” means “to guard”)       
    vii)    good.       
    viii)  obedient to their own husbands. Titus 2:3-5.     

7     Meditate upon these things, give thyself wholly to them, that thy profiting may appear to all. 4:15. 
8.     Take heed to thyself, and to doctrine. Continue in them. 4:16. 

9     Thou, man of God, flee these things (love of money), but follow righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. 6:11. 
10. Fight the good fight of faith. War a good warfare. 6:12. 11 Avoid oppositions of science falsely so called. 6:20.

12.     Aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience. Titus 2:2. 
13.     Young men be -sober minded, 

-a pattern of good works in all things, -uncorrupt doctrine, 
    -grave, -sincere, 

-sound speech that cannot be condemned, so no one has any evil to say about you.Titus 2:6-8 
14.     So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. Ephesians 5:28. 

15.     Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. I Cor 16:13. 

16.     Ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. I Peter 5:5. 

17.     Young men, when you know some Bible, you are still a novice, you may be lifted up with pride, then you may fall into condemnation of the devil. I Timothy 3:6. Many young men become proud, think they are smarter than their pastor and older Christian then leave church, go elsewhere then fall, then backslide, often into deep sin. Beware of pride. 

139.     QUALIFICATIONS FOR A PASTOR/BISHOP/ELDER. 

If you want to be a Pastor you must meet these qualifications: 

6.    Be in subjection to your own husbands. I Peter 3:1.       
    Have chaste conversation (pure life), and fear (reverence). v.2.       
7.    Have a meek and quiet spirit, of great price in God’s sight. Christian wives should       
    not think of outer attire as the source of genuine beauty. I Peter 3:3-6.       
8.    Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to       
    speak;  but to be under obedience...It is a shame for women to speak in the       
    church. I Cor. 14:34,35.       
9.    Help men in Christian work:‘Women which laboured with me in the gospel’       
    Philippians 4:3       
138. INSTRUCTIONS FOR MEN. Genesis 18:19.       
1.    God will have all men to be saved, and come to the knowledge of the truth.  I       
    Timothy 2:4.       
2.    I will that men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.       
    2:8.     
3     Rebuke not an elder, but entreat him as a father. 5:1. 

4     If any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he has denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. 5:8. 
5.     Be an example of believers in word, conversation, charity, spirit, faith, purity. 4:12. 

6.     Give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. 4:13. 
I Timothy 3:1-7.

1.     Blameless. 

2.     Husband of one wife. 

3.     Vigilant. 

4.     Sober. 

5.     Good behaviour. 

6.     Given to hospitality. 

7.     Apt to teach. 

8.     Not given to wine. 

9.     No striker. 

10.     Not greedy of money. 

11.     Patient. 

12.     Not a brawler. 

13.     Not covetous. 

14.     Ruling well his own house. 

15.     Having his children in subjection 

16.     Not a novice. 

17.     He must have a good report of outsiders 
Titus 1:5-9.

1.     Blameless. 

2.     Husband of one wife. 

3.     Watch in all things. II Timothy 4:5. 

4.     Sober. 

5.     Not soon angry. 

6.     Lover of hospitality. 

7.     Holding fast the faithful word. 

8.     Not given to wine. 

9.     No striker. 

10.     Not given to money. 

13.     Not self-willed (arrogant). 

14.     Having faithful children 

not accused of riot or unruly. 

15.     Lover of good men. 

16.     Just. 

17.     Holy. 
18.     Let elders that rule well have double honour. I Timothy 5:17. 

19.     Labour in the word and doctrine. 

20.     Given continually to prayer and ministry of the word. Acts 6:4. 

21.     Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear. I Timothy 5:20. 

22.     Do nothing by partiality. Don’t prefer one before another. I Timothy 5:21. 

23.     Lay hands suddenly on no man, (don’t ordain men without proper investigation). If they sin, you become a partaker of their sins. Keep thyself pure. I Timothy 5:22. 

24.     Put people in remembrance of words of faith and good doctrine. I Timothy 4:6. 

25.     Exercise thyself unto godliness. I Timothy 4:7. 

26.     Withdraw yourself from false teachers. I Timothy 6:3-6. 

27.     Able by sound doctrine to exhort and convince gainsayers. Titus 1:9. 

28.     Be a teacher: speak the things which become sound doctrine. Titus 2:1. 

29.     Speak, exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Titus 2:15. 

30.     Remind people to be subject to powers, to obey magistrates, be ready to every good work, speak evil of no man, be no brawlers, gentle, show all meekness to all men. Titus 3:1,2. 

31.     Preach the word. II Timothy 4:2-7. 

32.     Be instant in season, out of season. 

33.     Reprove. 

34.     Rebuke. 

35.     Exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 

36.     Endure afflictions. 

37.     Do the work of an evangelist. 

38.     Make full proof of thy ministry. 

39.     Fight the good fight of faith, finish your course, keep the faith. 

40.     Feed the flock of God means to feed, care, lead, guide and protect. I Peter 5:1-3. 

41.     Take the oversight (episkopos means “bishop rule”) not by constraint, but willingly; not for money, but of a ready mind. 
42.     Don’t be a lord over God’s heritage. 

43.     Be examples to the flock. 

140.     QUALIFICATION OF DEACONS.  I Timothy 3:8-10. 

If a man does not meet all of these qualifications he should not apply to be a deacon, nor should a pastor appoint him as a deacon. He will cause problems. 

Who ordains new pastors? Existing pastors. Titus 1:5. 

Who appoints deacons? The existing pastor, because the deacon’s job is to be a servant to the pastor, and the pastor must feel he can work with his deacons. 
    A deacon has no ruling authority in a New Testament Church. A pastor does have authority. 

A pastor may dismiss a deacon at anytime if the deacon fails to meet these qualifications: 

1.     Grave. 

2.     Not double-tongued (that is, saying something to one person, and denying it to another). 
3.     Not given to much wine. 

4.     Not greedy of money. 
5.     Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience. This means having sound doctrine and a good pure life. 
6.     Let them first be proved. 

7.     Let them use the office of a deacon (that is, do the work). 

8.     Being found blameless. 

9.     Honest. 

10.     Full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom. Acts. 6:3. 

11.     Husband of one wife. I Timothy 3:12. 

12.     Rule their children and their own houses well. 

13.     Deacon’s wives must be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things. I Timothy 3:11. 
If a deacon thinks that he no longer meets these qualifications he should resign as deacon.

Sins of Deacons: 1) Wanting to take over the church. In order to do so they must remove the Pastor. They try to do this by slandering him to the people so they will take the deacon’s side.

2)     Weak, disloyal deacons sometimes take the side of wolves who lead a rebellion against the Pastor. When the Pastor stands his ground, they leave the church, often joining a liberal, apostate, non soul winning, dead, social church. They will try to take as many simple, ungrateful people with them who forget all the good the Pastor has done for them. 

3)     Slandering the Pastor to the Youth group, and taking the youth group off to start a church. If a deacon wants to start a church, do so with the soul winning Pastor’s permission and blessing. 
4)     Allowing people to play deacon off against the Pastor. Taking people’s side against the pastor without bringing the matter to the Pastor. 
    (Hebrews 13:7,17,24. 
5)     Thinking he has authority, when no Scripture gives him any authority. Pastor has the authority. 

141.     SIGNS OF FALSE TEACHERS - AVOID THEM. Some shall depart from the faith or sound doctrine: 

1.     Giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils. 

2.     Speaking lies in hypocrisy. 

3.     Having their conscience seared with a hot iron. 

4.     Forbidding to marry. 

5.     Commanding to abstain from meats. I Timothy 4:1-5. 

6.     Consent not to the words of the Lord Jesus Christ, and godly doctrine. 

7.     Speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. Acts 20:30. 

8.     A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition reject. Titus 3:10. 

9.     Hardened hearts: “Today if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.” Hebrews 3:7. 

10.     They don’t hold the Doctrine of Christ. Hebrews 6:1,2. 

11.     They stumble at Christ “the rock of offence”, His Deity, being disobedient. I Peter 2:8. 
12.     They privily (quietly) bring in damnable heresies. II Peter 2:1. 

13.     Many shall follow their pernicious ways. II Peter 2:2. 

14.     The way of truth is evil spoken of. II Peter 2:2. 

15.     They speak evil of things they understand not. II Peter 2:12. 

16.     They beguile unstable souls. They seduce unwary, unsteadfast souls. II Peter 2:14. 
17.     They wrest, twist, distort scriptures that are hard to understand. II Peter 3:16. 

18.     They confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. II John 7. 

19.     They despise dominion (authority). Jude 8. 

20.     They are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts. Jude 16. 

21.     They separate themselves from brethren and from truth. Jude 19. 

22.     They have not the Holy Spirit. Jude 19. 

142. TEN PICTURES OF AN IDEAL CHRISTIAN. II Timothy 2:1-26.

1.     Son (2:1). Be strong in grace. 

2.     Steward (2:2). 

In the New Testament a steward was entrusted with the profitable running of his master’s estate. We must pass on Bible doctrine to faithful men who shall be able to teach others also. Paul taught Timothy, who taught faithful men, who taught others. 

3.     Soldier (2:3,4). 

i)     Endure hardness as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. 

ii)     Don’t get entangled with worldly affairs. 

iii)     Please Christ who has chosen us to be a soldier. 

4.     Athlete (2:5). 

i)     We must strive for masteries and rewards. 

ii)     We must strive lawfully, live by the rules, then we are crowned in heaven. 

5.     Farmer (2:6,7). 

i)     We must labour hard to sow. 

ii)     We will then enjoy reaping the fruits. 

6.     Teacher (2:11-14). 

Put people in remembrance that: 

i)     To die with Christ is to live for Christ. (2:11). 

ii)     To suffer for Christ now is to reign with Christ later. (2:12). 

7.     Study to be a Skilled Workman (2:15,16,17). As a student we must: 

i)     Study the Word of God to be an approved workman to God. 

ii)     be “unashamed before men.” 

8.     Vessel. Vessel of gold or silver, prepared for honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, prepared for every good work. (2:20,21). 
9.     Follower (2:22,23). 

i)     Follow righteousness, faith, charity and peace. 

ii)     Flee youthful lusts. 

iii)     Avoid foolish and unlearned questions. 

10.     Servants (2:24-26). 

i)     Be gentle to all men. 

ii)     Apt to teach, patient. 

iii)     Instructing meekly those opposing themselves. 
143. WHAT PEOPLE WILL BE LIKE IN THE LAST DAYS. II Timothy 3

1.    Lovers of their own selves.    12.    Unholy.       
2.    Covetous (Advertising industry).    13.    Without natural affection (abortion).       
3.    Boasters.    14 .    Trucebreakers.       
4.    Proud.    15.    False accusers.       
5.    Blasphemers (speak evil of God).    16.    Incontinent (lacking sex control).       
6.    Disobedient to parents.    17.    Highminded.       
7.    Fierce.    18.    Lovers of pleasures more than God.       
8.    Despisers of those that are good.    19.    Having a form of godliness, but       
9.    Traitors.        denying the power.       
10. Heady (apt to intoxicate).    20.    Ever learning, and never able to       
11. Unthankful.        come to the knowledge of truth.     

“Evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.”

2Tim 3:1-7,13.

Our response to these sins is seen in II Timothy 3:9-16.

1.     Remember, they shall proceed no further. Their folly shall be manifest unto all men. 3:9. 
2.     The Lord shall deliver us from all trouble. 3:11 

3.     Follow Paul’s life example: 

i)    Doctrine.    vi)    Charity.       
    ii)    Manner of life.    vii)    Patience.       
    iii)    Purpose.    viii)    Persecutions.       
    iv)    Faith.    ix)    Afflictions. 3:10,11.       
    v)    Longsuffering.               
4    All that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 3:12.     
5.     Continue in what you’ve learned and been assured of. 3:14. 

6.     Hold to verbal inspiration of scripture, which is useful for: 

i)     Doctrine - authoritative teaching. 

ii)     Reproof - pointing out error. 

iii)     Correction - getting us back on track. 

iv)     Instruction in righteousness - keeping us on track. 3:15-17. 

144.  SEVEN TYPES OF CHRISTIANS  II Timothy 4:9-20.

1    Demas - has forsaken me having loved this present world. 4:10.

2.     Luke - is with me. 4:11. 

3.     Mark - is profitable to me for the ministry. 4:11. 

4.     Tychicus - I have sent to Ephesus (obedient worker). 4:12. 

5.     Alexander the coppersmith - did me much evil, he greatly withstood our words. 4:14. 
6.     Trophimus - I have left at Miletum sick. 4:20. 

7   Jesus Christ - stood with me and strengthened me. 4:17. 

145.     THREE CHARACTERS IN III JOHN. 

i)     GAIUS - walks in the truth. He does faithfully whatever he does. 3,5. 

ii)     DIOTREPHES - loves to have the pre-eminence. He receives us not. 9,10. 

iii)     DEMETRIUS - has a good report of all men, and of the truth itself. 12. 
146.     SODOMY IS A SIN, AN ABOMINATION, HATEFUL TO GOD. 

i)     Sodom and Gomorrha....giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Jude 7. 

ii)     God gave them up to vile affections. Romans 1:26-29. 

For even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: (v.26) 
    Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that fitting punishment of their error. (v.27) 

They did not like to retain God in their knowledge. God gave them over to a reprobate mind. (v.29) 

iii)     Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?....nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind. I Corinthians 6:9. 
iv)     Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. (Leviticus 18:22). the land itself vomits out her inhabitants. Leviticus 18:25. 

v)     If a man also lie with mankind, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death..... Leviticus 20:13. 

vi)     There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel......these are abomination unto the Lord thy God. Deuteronomy 23:17,18. 

147. DON’T GET A TATTOO on your flesh. Leviticus 19:28.

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks on you:I am the Lord

148.     DON’T LOOK AT the NAKEDNESS of  a WOMAN. 

Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of a woman....it is wickedness. Leviticus 18:17. This forbids looking at nude women in books, magazines, videos, clubs, or anywhere outside your marriage partner. 

149.     DON’T CONSULT FAMILIAR SPIRITS or HOROSCOPES. 

i)     A man or woman that has a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death. Leviticus 20:27. 

ii)     The soul that turns after people that have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people. Leviticus 20:6. 

iii)     There shall not be found among you any one that: 

1.     makes his son or daughter to pass through the fire. 

2.     uses divination - prophecy by interpreting omens. 

3.     observer of times - attempt to tell the future by observing signs,eg: bird movements, etc. 
4.     enchanter - to cast a spell over. Bind people by magical mutterings. 

5.     witch - use of magic, sorcery, attempt to control people or events by power given by evil spirits. 
6.     charmer - objects having occult power, protect by magic. 

7.     consulter with familiar spirits - one who supposedly consults with the dead, but really communicates with demons. 

8.     wizard - one who professes to practice magic. 

9.     necromancer - attempting to contact the dead to get advice or manipulation or see the future. For all that do these things are an abomination to the Lord. Deuteronomy 18:9-14. 

iv)     When they shall say unto you, seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep and mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? Isaiah 8:19. 
    Manasseh......worshipped all the host of heaven, and served them......provoked the Lord to anger. II Chronicles 33:3,6. 

v)     Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; 

Jeremiah 10:2. 

vi)     Take good heed.....lest you lift up your eyes unto heaven, and when you see the sun, the moon, the stars, even all the host of heaven, and should be driven to worship them, and serve them. Deuteronomy 4:19. 

150.     DON’T CHEAT. 

i)     Swear unto me here by God that thou wilt not deal falsely with me. Genesis 21:23. 

ii)     Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another. Leviticus 19:11. 

iii)     The getting of treasures by a lying tongue is a vanity tossed to and fro of them that seek death. Proverbs 21:6. What you sow, you will reap. If you cheat people, then people will cheat you, and your children will become cheats, suffering the consequences also. 

iv)     That which is gone out of thy lips thou shalt keep and perform. Deuteronomy 23:23. 

151.     CHRISTIAN DUTY. 

i)     What doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God. Micah 6:8. 
ii)     And now, Israel, what doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and all thy soul, to keep the commandments of the Lord, and his statutes. Deut. 10:12,13. 

iii)     Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. The second is..Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Matthew 22:37-39. 

iv)     True worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him. John 4:23. 

v)     Seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church. I Corinthians 14:12 

152.     CONSCIENCE 

Having always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men. Acts 24:16. 

153.     DRESS to HONOUR the LORD. 

1)     The woman shall not wear that which pertains to a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord. Deuteronomy 22:5. 
2)     Women..….adorn  themselves  with  modest  apparel,  with  shamefacedness 

(reverence) and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array. I Timothy 2:9.

154.     DON’T BACKSLIDE. 

i)     I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast LEFT thy first love. Revelation 2:4. 
ii)     Then Jesus said unto the twelve, will ye also go away? John 6:67. 

iii)     The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways. Proverbs 14:14. 

iv)     No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. Luke 9:62. 

v)     Return, ye backsliding children, and I will heal thy backslidings. Jeremiah 3:22. 

155.     DON’T BE A FOOL. 

1)     Because thou hast relied on the king of Syria, and not relied on the Lord thy God....thou hast done foolishly. II Chronicles 16:7. 

2)     The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God. Psalms 14:1. 

3)     Fools because of their transgression, and....iniquities are afflicted. Psalms 107:17. 
4)     Fools despise wisdom and instruction. Proverbs 1:7. 

5)     The prosperity of fools shall destroy them. Proverbs 1:32. 

6)     “A foolish woman...calleth passengers….her guests are in the depths of hell.” Prov 9:13,15,18 

Don’t go to prostitutes. “He that goeth after her....as a fool to the correction of the stocks.” Proverbs 7:22.

7)     He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and that utters a slander, is a fool. Proverbs 10:18. 

8)     It is as sport to a fool to do mischief. Proverbs 10:23. 

9)     The way of a fool is right in his own eyes. Proverbs 12:15. 

10)     The heart of fools proclaims foolishness. Proverbs 12:23. 

Reject teachers who teach false doctrine against the Bible.

The mouth of fools poureth out foolishness. Proverbs 15:2. (JW’s) The mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness. Proverbs 15:14.

This refers to those who go to false churches to feed on false doctrine.

11)     It is abomination to fools to depart from evil. Proverbs 13:19. 

12)     He that walketh with wise men shall be wise, but a companion of fools shall be destroyed. Proverbs 13:20. 
13)     Go from the presence of a fool, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge. Proverbs 14:7. 
14)     Fools make a mock at sin. Proverbs 14:9. 

15)     A wise man feareth and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth and is confident. 

Prov. 14:16 

16)     He that is soon angry dealeth foolishly. Proverbs 14:17. 

17)     He that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly. Proverbs 14:29. 

18)     A fool despises his father’s instruction. Proverbs 15:5. 

19)     The eyes of a fool are in the ends of the earth. Proverbs 17:24. 

20)     A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself. 

Proverbs 18:2 
21)     A fool’s mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul. Proverbs 18:7. 
22)     He that answers a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him. Prov. 18:13. 
23)     Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him. Proverbs 22:15. 

24)     A foolish man spendeth it up. Proverbs 21:20. 

Don’t spend all your money, but save some for later and others. 

25)     Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. Proverbs 26:4. 
26)     As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returns to his folly. Proverbs 26:11. 

27)     Though thou should bray a fool in a mortar among wheat with a pestle, yet will not his foolishness depart from him. Proverbs 27:22. 

28)     He that trusts in his own heart, is a fool. Proverbs 28:26. 

29)     A fool utters all his mind. Proverbs 29:11. 

30)     The heart of fools is in the house of mirth (laughter). Fools seek only entertainment. Ecclesiastes 7:4. 

31)     It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools. Eccl. 7:5 This means that it is better to go to church to hear wise rebuking of sin, than to stay at home or go to a rock concert to listen to rock music. 

32)     As the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool. Ecclesiastes 7:6. 

33)     Anger resteth in the bosom of fools. Ecclesiastes 7:9. 

34)     A fool also is full of words. Ecclesiastes 10:14. 

35)     Every one that hears these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand. Matthew 7:26. 

36)     God said unto him, “Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? 

So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God. Luke 12:20,21.

37)     Oh fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken. Luke 24:25. 
38)     Wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. eg. evolution, false ideas, etc. I Cor. 3:19. 

39)     Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? Foolish people say that salvation is by works of the law. Galatians 3:2-3. 

40)     Walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise. Redeeming the time for the days are evil. Ephesians 5:15,16. 

156.     DO UNTO OTHERS. 

All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them; for this is the law and the prophets. Matthew 7:12. 

157.     DON’T BE A GOSSIP. 

i)     He that repeats a matter separates very friends. Proverbs 17:9. 
ii)     A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter. (11:13) 
iii)     The words of a talebearer are as wounds...... Proverbs 18:8. 

iv)     Where there is no talebearer the strife ceaseth. Proverbs 26:20. 

v)     Every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. Matthew 12:36. 

vi)     He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction. Proverbs 18:3. 
vii)     Curse not the rich in thy bedchamber: for a bird of the air shall carry the voice, and that which hath wings shall tell the matter. Ecclesiastes 10:20. 

158.     DON’T BE GREEDY. 

i)     He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house. Proverbs 15:27. 

ii)     He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase. Ecclesiastes 5:10. 
iii)     They are greedy dogs which can never have enough. Isaiah 56:11. 

iv)     What is a man profited, if he gain the whole world, and lose his own soul. Matthew 16:26. 
v)     The love of money is the root of all evil. I Timothy 6:10. 

159.     HOW TO BE HAPPY. 

i)     Happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty. Job 5:17. 

ii)     As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them. Psalm 127:4,5. 

iii)     Blessed is every one that feareth the Lord: that walketh in his ways....happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee. Psalm 128:1,2. 
iv)     Happy is that people whose God is the Lord. Psalm 144:15. 

v)     Happy is the man that finds wisdom, and that gets understanding. Proverbs 3:13. 

vi)     He that hath mercy on the poor, happy is he. Proverbs 14:21. 

vii)     Whoso trusteth in the Lord, happy is he. Proverbs 16:20. 

viii)     Happy is the man that feareth alway. Proverbs 28:14. 

ix)     Where there is no vision the people perish, but he that keepeth the law, happy is he. Proverbs 29:18. 

x)     If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them. John 13:17. 

xi)     Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. Romans 14:22. 
xii)     Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord: that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy. James 5:11. 

xiii)     If ye suffer for righteousness sake, happy are ye. If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye. I Peter 3:14; I Peter 4:14. 

160.     LEARN TO HATE SIN. 

Sin destroys people’s lives, bringing untold misery to millions. We must hate sin, but love the sinner. Let us rebuke sin.

Ye that love the Lord, hate evil. Psalm 97:10.

I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: (eg: Television)

I hate the work of them that turn aside...... Psalm 101:3.           
Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.    Psalm       
119:104.               
I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love. Psalm 119:113.           
I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love. Psalm 119:163.           
These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination to him:           
1.    a proud look           
2.    a lying tongue           
3.    hands that shed innocent blood, eg: abortion.           
4.    a heart that devises wicked imaginations, eg: bad movies.           
5.    feet that be swift in running to mischief, eg: drug sellers.           
6.    a false witness that speaks lies, eg: gossips, slanderers.           
7.    he that soweth discord among the brethren. Proverbs 6:16-19.         
God hates people who bear false witness and sow discord. The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, arrogancy, the evil way, and the froward (wicked) mouth, do I hate. Proverbs 8:13.

So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate. Rev. 2:15.

Nicolaitanes is “conquering the laity”, a priestly heirarchy as in the Roman Catholic church.

161.     THE HEART. 

The heart is the central part of man where his affections lie. So much is said about the heart that the reader should study it from Strong’s Concordance. 

i)     Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart. Deuteronomy 6:5. 

ii)     The Lord hath sought him a man after his own heart. I Samuel 13:14. 

iii)     Man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart. I Samuel 16:7. 
iv)     Keep thy heart with all diligence, for out of it are the issues of life. Proverbs 4:23. 

v)     As he thinketh in his heart, so is he. Proverbs 23:7. 

vi)     He that hardeneth his heart shall fall into mischief. Proverbs 28:14. 

vii)     The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Jer. 17:9. 
viii)     For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies; these are the things which defile a man. Matthew 15:19,20. 

ix)     For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:10. 

x)     Let us draw near with a true heart. Hebrews 10:22. 

xi)     See that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently. 1 Peter 1:22. 

162. USE OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE GOD in your CHURCH.

i)     Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. John 4:35. 
ii)     As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. Galatians 6:10. 
iii)     Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days. Ecclesiastes 11:1. 
    Give a portion to seven, and also to eight: for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth. Ecclesiastes 11:2. 
    He that observeth the wind will not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap. Ecclesiastes 11:4. 

In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not which shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good. Ecclesiastes 11:6. 

iv)     Now is the accepted time; behold now is the day of salvation. II Corinthians 6:2. We only get 70 or 80 years to serve God. Let us use every day as an opportunity to lay up treasure in heaven. 

Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things. Matthew 25:21. 

163.     STAY AT ONE CHURCH. 

In the United States, the largest and most effective churches have Pastors and Pastoral team workers who have been in the one church for an average of 25 years. In the last 2 centuries, 79% of U.S. Pastors would stay in the one church all their life. Those who changed churches were frowned upon. 

Many pastors and people leave their church because they disagree with something the Pastor said or does. The Pastor is mostly right, more so than young Christians. Yet many young Christians think that they know more than their Pastor. When they go to another church they often have a problem in that church, so they leave and go elsewhere. They have taken their problems with them. 

They make a habit of running away from problems, rather than working through them. Consider these reasons to commit yourself to one church all your life: 
    1. Strong, stable churches have strong, stable and committed Pastors and people. 

2. Staff turnover in a business is costly in lost production, so it is with people changing churches. 
    3. If you change churches for no good reason you encourage other people to leave the church. It is a domino effect as other people leave, following your example. You serve Satan’s purposes by weakening your church. 

4. Things are rarely as good elsewhere. When you join another church, you don’t always see all the problems in the new church. You discover them after 6 months. Then what will you do? Will you leave again? 

5. It will take you 12 months to get to know everybody in the second church as well as you know everybody in the first church. 

6. If you want to change churches to have a better ministry, look at the ministry opportunities in the first church. There are often greater ministry opportunities here that you haven’t yet recognized. There are many new people in the first church for you to follow up. 

7. The temptation to change churches mostly happens to people in the 20 to 30 year age group. These people have been saved, grown and learned enough to be zealous, but haven’t learned enough to appreciate the value of their first church, Pastor and people. 

8. If you leave, you lose your support group. You have to build trust again in the second church. 
9.     Your wife and children have established friendships in your first church, so why uproot and destablilize them by going elsewhere. 
10.     If you leave church number 2, the first Pastor won’t know, so he won’t be in a position to help you. You are then likely to backslide into deep sin, and to dropout of church altogether. 

11.     Satan wants to get you out of the first church’s protection, and away from the protection of your Pastor/Shepherd. You may be like a wandering sheep who thinks he knows better than the shepherd. 

12.     If you leave the first church, you throw more weight on other church members as you drop your responsibilities and go elsewhere. 

eg: If you let go of the rope in a tug-of war, the rest of your team has to pull harder, and may lose. You leaving a church, often tilts the scale against God’s work in a spiritual war. 

13.     There are at the time of writing no really big Independent Baptist churches in Australia, because people keep leaving them to go elsewhere. 
14.     Disloyalty and lack of committment in society spills over into the churches. Most churches have a very big turnover rate of uncommitted people. eg: 40% of church attenders leave every 2 years. Is it any wonder that churches fold up, Pastor’s give up, and our country is going to the devil. Don’t quit, but be loyal to your Church. 

164. DON’T LISTEN TO ROCK MUSIC.

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your hearts to the Lord. Ephesians 5:19. Watch the video: “Rock and Roll: a search for God”.

Rock music is not melody. Rock music is not praise to the Lord.

5 main themes of rock music are: sex, drugs, rebellion, false religions, devils. “The Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song.” Isaiah 12:2.

“It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.” Eccles. 7:5.

165. INSTRUCTIONS FOR GOVERNMENT.

What does the Bible teach about how to govern a country? The world’s most stable countries have a constitution full of Bible principles. Rulers must ask: “What does God think of this law?”

1.     He that ruleth over man must be just, ruling in the fear of God. II Samuel 23:3. 

2.     Rulers must not be a terror to good works. 

3.     Rulers must be a terror to evil works. Romans 13:3. 

4.     Rulers should praise those who do good. “...do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same.” Romans 13:3. 
5.     Rulers are the ministers or servants of God. 

6.     Rulers must promote that which is good, not evil. 
    “he is the minister of God to thee for good.” Romans 13:4. 

7.     Rulers must execute criminals guilty of murder. 

“...whosoever sheddeth man’s blood, by man shall his blood be shed.” Genesis 9:6. 

“If I be an offender, or have committed anything worthy of death,I refuse not to die”Acts 25:11 

“For blood defileth the land: and the land cannot be cleansed of the blood that is shed therein, but by the blood of him that shed it.” Numbers 35:33.
8.     Rulers must suitably punish evildoers. 

“he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.” Rom. 13:4. 

9.     Rulers must charge taxes, tribute, custom and duty. “For this cause pay ye tribute also......render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear for whom fear; honour for whom honour.” Romans 13:6,7. 

The people must pay taxes, and show fear and honour to politicians, judges, policemen, etc. 

10.     Be kind to the people, please them, and speak good words to them. 

“If thou be kind to this people, and please them, and speak good words to them, they will be thy servants forever.” II Chronicles 10:7. 

11.     Rulers must show mercy and truth. Proverbs 16:6. 

“Let not mercy and truth forsake thee, ....so shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.” Proverbs 3:3,4. 

If a ruler shows mercy to people, upholds truth, shuns and fights corruption, God and man will favour him and show good understanding to him.

12. Rulers must raise the people’s living standards. “In the multitude of people is the king’s honour: but in the want of people is the destruction of the prince.” Proverbs 14:28.

13.     Rulers must not oppress the poor, but help the poor. Daniel 4:27. “He that oppresses the poor reproaches his Maker.” Proverbs 14:31. 

14.     Rulers must promote righteousness, by passing godly laws, not sinful laws. Proverbs 16:12. 
    “Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.” Proverbs 14:34. 

Governments must not pass laws favouring abortion, homosexuality or occult activities. “Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is an abomination....the land itself vomits out her inhabitants.” Leviticus 18:22,25. 

15.     A King, President or Prime Minister must write a copy of the Law, read it, learn it, and keep it all his days. He must not be lifted up in his pride.” Deuteronomy 17:18-20. 

16.     Rulers must have good, godly advisers. “Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established.” Proverbs 15:22. 

17. Rulers must first of all please the Lord, then peace comes. “When a man’s ways please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.” Proverbs 16:7.

18.     Rulers must give righteous, right speeches. 

“Righteous lips are the delight of kings; and they love him that speaketh right.”Proverbs 16:13 
19.     Rulers must be strong, wise and godly. 

“Be thou strong, and show thyself a man, and keep the charge of the Lord thy God to walk in His ways....that thou may prosper in all that thou do.” I Kings 2:2,3. 
20.     Rulers must pray to God for a wise and understanding heart to discern and judge between good and bad. I Kings 3:9. 
166. PRECIOUS THINGS.

What should we really give our life to that is precious to God?

1.     “The redemption of their soul is precious.” Psalm 49:8. Soul-winning. 

2.     “Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.” Psalm 116:15. Martyrs. 
3.     “He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed.” Psalm 126:6. Sowing the gospel. 

4.     “How good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment....blessing.” Psalm 133:1,2,3. Believers who are united in the truth. 

5.     “She (wisdom) is more precious than rubies.” Proverbs 3:15. Wisdom. 

6.     “The lips of knowledge are a precious jewel.” Proverbs 20:15. Knowledge. 

7.     “A good name is better than precious ointment.” Ecclesiastes 7:1.A good name. 

8.     “Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones (souls won to Christ).” I Corinthians 3:12. 
9.     “That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perishes, though it be tried with fire.” I Peter 1:7. Trials and suffering. 
10.     “Redeemed...with the precious blood of Christ.” I Peter 1:18, 19. Christ’s blood. 

11.     “Behold, I lay in Zion a chief cornerstone, elect and precious.” I Peter 2:6. 

12.     “Unto you therefore which believe he is precious.” I Peter 2:7. Jesus Christ. 

13.     “To them that have obtained like precious faith.” II Peter 1:1. Doctrine. 

14.     “Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises.” II Peter 1:4. 

reprinted with permission

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

You need to post only part of this persons work, give proper accreditation to the original writer and a link to the original site.  Once this is done, it will be released.

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

On 29/06/2017 at 10:58 AM, OneLight said:

You need to post only part of this persons work, give proper accreditation to the original writer and a link to the original site.  Once this is done, it will be released.

delete then, please