IGNORED

How do the believers in Christ differ from Israel?

Retrobyter

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Heleadethme,

Now we know from the Holy Spirit through Peter that NO scripture is to be taken on its own, but should be understood in relation to the whole of God`s word.

`No prophecy of Scripture is of any private (on its own) interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.` (2 Peter 1:20)

This gives us great comfort as it is not up to us to interpret God`s word He can do that just fine Himself. So we can `relax` as you say for His whole word comes together very well. 

BTW Revelation 3: 21 is good to look at -

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne as I overcame & sat down with my Father on His throne.` (Rev. 3: 21)

Wondrous truths there, sis,

regards, Marilyn.

True, but no truth of scripture will contradict another truth of scripture, and sometimes all it takes is one to disprove something.....

The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD’s; But the EARTH He has given to the children of men.  Why would God say that if not to make sure we are clear on what our scope is.

And when Jesus taught us to pray:  Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on EARTH as it is in heaven.

Genesis 1:26-28  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, AND OVER ALL THE EARTH, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and REPLENISH THE EARTH, AND SUBDUE IT: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Marilyn, so far I only know scriptures that have to do with ruling and reigning the earth.........if you could bring some that show we will be ruling the universe as such, I would be glad to believe it, no problem, but so far I don't know of any.  So far, I have to take that sitting on His throne and ruling and reigning with Him is in context of Earth.........but remembering that the earth will wax old like a garment and be changed into something not physical but eternal.......spiritual....not confined to the limitations of space or time....world without end in terms of both time and space.  But if you know of scriptures that indicate something different, bring them and I will adjust my beliefs.....maybe where you are speaking of the universe is not the physical universe as we know it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

12 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

True, but no truth of scripture will contradict another truth of scripture, and sometimes all it takes is one to disprove something.....

The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD’s; But the EARTH He has given to the children of men.  Why would God say that if not to make sure we are clear on what our scope is.

And when Jesus taught us to pray:  Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on EARTH as it is in heaven.

Genesis 1:26-28  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, AND OVER ALL THE EARTH, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and REPLENISH THE EARTH, AND SUBDUE IT: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Marilyn, so far I only know scriptures that have to do with ruling and reigning the earth.........if you could bring some that show we will be ruling the universe as such, I would be glad to believe it, no problem, but so far I don't know of any.  So far, I have to take that sitting on His throne and ruling and reigning with Him is in context of Earth.........but remembering that the earth will wax old like a garment and be changed into something not physical but eternal.......spiritual....not confined to the limitations of space or time....world without end in terms of both time and space.  But if you know of scriptures that indicate something different, bring them and I will adjust my beliefs.....maybe where you are speaking of the universe is not the physical universe as we know it.

Hi Heleadethme,

Thank you for your gracious reply. It is good to discuss with another in such a manner. Now here are my thoughts -

The earth is for mankind as God`s word tells us.  

God made man from the dust of the earth and it is for him in into eternity. We see the people of the nations in the new earth in Rev. 21: 24. Also we know that God promised that Israel would rule over those nations in the millennium and in eternity.

Israel was to pray that God`s rule (kingdom) would come on earth. We pray that with the understanding that Israel will rule according to God`s will.

Heaven is for the Body of Christ as God`s word tells us.

`You have come to ….the General Assembly and Church of the First-born who are registered in heaven.` (Heb. 12: 23)

`Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope….to an inheritance  incorruptible and undefiled that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you.` (1 Peter 1: 3 & 4)

`We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you…..because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven,….` (Col. 1: 3 & 4)

`For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.` (Phil. 3: 20)

`Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling,…` (Heb. 3: 1) 

`For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house (our body) not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.` (2 Cor. 5: 1)

There is more to this topic, but that is enough for now to look at.

regards, Marilyn. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Heleadethme,

Thank you for your gracious reply. It is good to discuss with another in such a manner. Now here are my thoughts -

The earth is for mankind as God`s word tells us.  

God made man from the dust of the earth and it is for him in into eternity. We see the people of the nations in the new earth in Rev. 21: 24. Also we know that God promised that Israel would rule over those nations in the millennium and in eternity.

Israel was to pray that God`s rule (kingdom) would come on earth. We pray that with the understanding that Israel will rule according to God`s will.

Shalom, Marilyn.

Have you forgotten Revelation 20:1-6?

Revelation 20:1-6
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
KJV

Don't you think you will be part of the first resurrection? Or, do you think the first resurrection will only be for the beheaded ones from the tribulation? Verse 6 trumps verse 4, and ANYONE who qualifies for the first resurrection shall reign with him for that 1000 years, and THEY are the ones "on such the second death hath no power."

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Heaven is for the Body of Christ as God`s word tells us.

`You have come to ….the General Assembly and Church of the First-born who are registered in heaven.` (Heb. 12: 23)

`Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope….to an inheritance  incorruptible and undefiled that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you.` (1 Peter 1: 3 & 4)

`We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you…..because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven,….` (Col. 1: 3 & 4)

`For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.` (Phil. 3: 20)

`Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling,…` (Heb. 3: 1) 

`For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house (our body) not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.` (2 Cor. 5: 1)

There is more to this topic, but that is enough for now to look at.

regards, Marilyn. 

And, here, you absolutely MUST learn the difference between "ouranos/ouranios" and "epouranios."

NT:3772 ouranos (oo-ran-os'); perhaps from the same as NT:3735 (through the idea of elevation); the sky; by extension, heaven (as the abode of God); by implication, happiness, power, eternity; specifically, the Gospel (Christianity):
KJV - air, heaven ([-ly]), sky.

NT:3770 ouranios (oo-ran'-ee-os); from NT:3772; celestial, i.e. belonging to or coming from the sky:
KJV - heavenly.

NT:2032 epouranios (ep-oo-ran'-ee-os); from NT:1909 and NT:3772; above the sky:
KJV - celestial, (in) heaven (-ly), high.

NT:1909 epi (ep-ee'); a primary preposition; properly, meaning superimposition (of time, place, order, etc.), as a relation of distribution [with the genitive case], i.e. over, upon, etc.; of rest (with the det.) at, on, etc.; of direction (with the accusative case) towards, upon, etc.:
KJV - about (the times), above, after, against, among, as long as (touching), at, beside,  have charge of, (be-, [wherefore-]), in (a place, as much as, the time of, -to), (because) of, (up-) on (behalf of), over, (by, for) the space of, through (-out), (un-) to (-ward), with. In compounds it retains essentially the same import, at, upon, etc. (literally or figuratively).

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Don't make the mistake that the Pharisees and Sadducees made in Matthew 16:1-4:

Matthew 16:1-4
1 The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven (Greek: ek tou ouranou = "out of-the sky").
(This is how YOU and others are thinking about "heaven!")
2 He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky (Greek: ho ouranos = "the sky") is red.
3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky (Greek: ho ouranos = "the sky") is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky (Greek: tou ouranou = "of-the sky"); but can ye not discern the signs of the times?
(Notice how Yeshua` used the word.)
4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.
KJV

Look, it's a simple matter: The common Greek word translated "heaven" is ouranos, and it means "the sky."

The adjective forms translated as "heavenly" is one of two words: ouranios or epouranios. Ouranios means "of or related to the sky." Epouranios means "of or related to ABOVE the sky." If something is coming from ABOVE the sky, it can wind up IN the sky. If something is coming from the SKY, then it will land on (or fall upon) the GROUND, "the earth."