• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, Butero said:

A large part of the Democratic voter base is dead people

Uh. Dead people don't vote. Because they are dead.    When my father in law died, one of the first things that came in the mail address to my mother in law was a letter informing her that her husband's name has be removed from the voting register due to his death.  So in other words, this sort of thing is already being done by the states.  

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Uh. Dead people don't vote. Because they are dead.    When my father in law died, one of the first things that came in the mail address to my mother in law was a letter informing her that her husband's name has be removed from the voting register due to his death.  So in other words, this sort of thing is already being done by the states.  

The large number of dead people voting thing is a myth that has been put forth for years by the likes of Rush and Hannity, and always only backed up by individual anecdotes and never shown to happen in large numbers.

One of the men in charge of this witch hunt,  Kris Kobach did his own investigation and found  14 instances of voter fraud out of 84  million votes cast.  Even in his own home state of Kansas he argued that he needed the power to go after fraud, and when it was given to him he was able to prove it happened 4 times, that is it.

This is nothing but a witch hunt because Trump's ego will not allow him to accept that everyone does not love him and didn't vote for him

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

22 hours ago, Flowerwater said:

As long as voter fraud is an issue I think it will be an issue as to how to stop it. 

We're being told Russians hacked our elections, remember? Now there is somehow a problem trying to find out who wasn't legally allowed to vote? 

That's a little odd.

Of course; the leftists absolutely don't want voter fraud exposed just as they don't want anyone to have to show ID to vote.  Horrors!  Having to identify yourself would 'disenfrranchise' minorities and old people.  But the lefties are never able to show that minorities and elderly people don't have ID.  The feds already HAVE your name, address and SS number.....think about it.  Cleaning up voter rolls is a sound idea but I think the states should do it, not the feds.  The problem is that some of the leftist states don't WANT to clean up their rolls.  Considering that the Ds have been whining and ranting about election meddling since the last election, you would think they would be right on top of this.  But....nope.

d

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Of course; the leftists absolutely don't want voter fraud exposed just as they don't want anyone to have to show ID to vote.  Horrors!  Having to identify yourself would 'disenfrranchise' minorities and old people.  But the lefties are never able to show that minorities and elderly people don't have ID.  The feds already HAVE your name, address and SS number.....think about it.  Cleaning up voter rolls is a sound idea but I think the states should do it, not the feds.  The problem is that some of the leftist states don't WANT to clean up their rolls.  Considering that the Ds have been whining and ranting about election meddling since the last election, you would think they would be right on top of this.  But....nope.

d

It is not just the "leftist" that are saying no, even Repub stronghold states are saying no.  Even Kansas, whose SOS is the co-Chair said no to some of the data. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Zombie voters and reports of that abuse during an election is reason enough to clean up the system as best as possible. I think also that the reason the Democratic party has turned on its history is because they believe if they roll over on ethics and morality it will offer its own reward down the line. An example being to give reward to illegal immigrants, rather than prosecute the laws against them. 

It is a strange time to be alive in this world. One that certainly insures never a dull moment. 

Guest Butero
9 hours ago, Running Gator said:

That is not the role of the Fed Govt, and it is a violation of the 10th Amendment.  It is shocking how often people that claim to be conservatives are willing to hand even more power to the Fed Govt.   Why even bother to have states if we are just going to keep gleefully handing over more and more power to the Fed Govt. 

That is all well and good if you stop the federal government from interfering in state's efforts to clean their own roles, as they did when Florida and other states tried that.  That is ok if the federal government stays out of the way and lets states require voter I.D. laws to go into effect that the states passed.  Take all those federal judges out of the way that meddle in the rights of states all the time, and I might see your point.  The problem is, there is this selective approach to the 10Th Amendment.  Where was the outcry defending Alabama when they wanted to keep the 10 Commandments in the court house?  After all, their own state Constitution required it.  Where was the outrage when the federal government stepped in and forced my state to allow gay marriage when we voted with a 60 percent majority to ban it?  Until interference from federal judges is taken out of my state, I don't buy into that phony 10Th Amendment argument.  The 10Th Amendment is never even considered anymore by federal judges.  I totally support what President Trump is doing.  I gleefully hand over this power to the federal government since they stuck their nose in everything else, including our voter I.D. law. 

Guest Butero
8 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Well if many of you here are all fine and okay with your voting info being taken from you and seen by "who knows who," then I guess you are all okay with this sort of thing going on. But as for me. It does not sit well with me. I am always looking at what could happen, and what is to come, and how far things will keep going. It feels like to me this is starting to go down a path that I don't think we should go down. 

There is nothing stopping anyone from looking at voter rolls now.  The local party officials do it all the time when they are contacting people for get out the vote efforts.  I have been part of such efforts, so it is not like this is privileged information. 

Guest Butero
8 hours ago, LadyKay said:

In some places, that is taking place, but not all.  It is very common practice for Democratically controlled precincts to leave dead people on the rolls and then have live people show up and vote under their name.  Funny thing is, you will have life long Republicans start voting for Democrats after death.  Go figure! 

Guest shiloh357
42 minutes ago, Butero said:

There is nothing stopping anyone from looking at voter rolls now.  The local party officials do it all the time when they are contacting people for get out the vote efforts.  I have been part of such efforts, so it is not like this is privileged information. 

Exactly, it is not what people think it is, and the federal gov't is always in the states' business anyway.   This is not putting out private info.  It is information that is already available for public view.  

They simply want to compare who voted to the list of eligible citizens registered to vote in order to get a clear picture of the number of illegals who voted.   States who allowed illegals to vote and didn't do a better job of screening them out, likely don't want to hand over that info to the fed. gov't.  They might have to answer some rather uncomfortable questions.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I can't understand why so many of you are so freely and willing okay with giving up your personal information. I feel as though I am slowing watching the downfall of American and all that she stands for unfold right in front of my eyes.