IGNORED

Asking For Voter's Info

LadyKay

Guest Butero
5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I can't understand why so many of you are so freely and willing okay with giving up your personal information. I feel as though I am slowing watching the downfall of American and all that she stands for unfold right in front of my eyes. 

I feel like it is critical to make sure that only eligible voters can cast a ballot, and since federal judges have been preventing states from common sense solutions like requiring voter I.D., it is necessary to do something like President Trump is suggesting.  It is because of abuse already taking place I support this.  We had passed a voter I.D. law, and it was to go into effect before the last election, but a federal judge blocked it.  I blame voter fraud for the outcome of the Governor's race. 

While we are at it, I also have a problem with the feds continually interfering with how we draw Congressional districts.  I support state's rights, but if we can't be left alone in the instances I mentioned, why get upset over this? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

6 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I can't understand why so many of you are so freely and willing okay with giving up your personal information. I feel as though I am slowing watching the downfall of American and all that she stands for unfold right in front of my eyes. 

LK, you file taxes, the government already HAS all of your personal information, right down to your children's names.  There is nothing on voter rolls they don't know.  They simply want the states to remove deceased voters names.  But I believe it is state business to do that so I think the feds need to stay out of it.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

LK, you file taxes, the government already HAS all of your personal information, right down to your children's names.  There is nothing on voter rolls they don't know.  They simply want the states to remove deceased voters names.  But I believe it is state business to do that so I think the feds need to stay out of it.

If the Fed wants it they'll find a way to get it done. 

There is no privacy anymore. Phones tapped, televisions that can listen in on the consumer, and if they can listen, they can be suspected of watching the purchaser. What's an audio live feed without faces to go with the voices? And that pesky registration sent in to insure the warranty only helps. 

Then the cell companies get in on it with free smart phones for subscriber contracts. Samsung there too being one of the top phone freebies with a sign-up. 

On-star, EZpass. 
And we think voter info is a trespass that we can't tolerate? In the name of personal privacy?