LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

President Donald Trump is asking for voter names, addresses, party affiliation and voting records from all 50 states, part of an investigation into voter fraud by a commission he launched last month.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/trump-commission-requested-voter-data-heres-every-state-saying/

Not sure what to make of this . But this does not sit well with me.  

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

I hope all 50 states told the Fed Govt it is none of their business.

The government spies on us enough, we do not need to hand over even more personal information  

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/01/trump-chides-states-for-not-complying-with-voting-commission-what-are-trying-to-hide.html

Numerous states are refusing to give information to the very distinguished VOTER FRAUD PANEL. What are they trying to hide?

When is he going to realize that he is the President, not the king? 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

11 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

He's rich. He is use to getting his own way and no one saying "No" to him. That is how he is running things. But it does not work that way as president, but he is not getting that. That's my take on things. So for this info. My concern is who is going to see it and what are they going to do with it?  

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

He's rich. He is use to getting his own way and no one saying "No" to him. That is how he is running things. But it does not work that way as president, but he is not getting that. That's my take on things. So for this info. My concern is who is going to see it and what are they going to do with it?  

To use a favorite term from this board, it is a witch hunt.  Trump has already decided that voter fraud cost him the popular vote and he will keep trying to prove it till the day he is no longer of this world 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

19 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

That is the purpose of our Constitution, is it not?  Or at least what's left of it.

In reading the original posted article, it seems to me that this 'problem' is solving itself.  Regarding voting, it is up to the states.  The fedgov's role (as I understand it) is to make sure the STATE laws - as written - pass Constitutional muster.

Other than that, the fedgov has no role.

Blessings, 

-Ed

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

As long as voter fraud is an issue I think it will be an issue as to how to stop it. 

We're being told Russians hacked our elections, remember? Now there is somehow a problem trying to find out who wasn't legally allowed to vote? 

That's a little odd.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

45 minutes ago, Flowerwater said:

As long as voter fraud is an issue I think it will be an issue as to how to stop it. 

We're being told Russians hacked our elections, remember? Now there is somehow a problem trying to find out who wasn't legally allowed to vote? 

That's a little odd.

Hello Flowerwater - Welcome to Worthy!

Voter fraud has been an issue at least since "Landslide Lyndon" (Johnson) won his first Congressional seat in 1948 by stuffing ballot boxes in Texas. He went on to become president in '63 after JFK was assassinated.  There is currently a sitting US Senator from Minnesota (Al Franken) who arguably is there as a result of voter fraud in his first election.

Voter fraud is one of those issues that I'm convinced BOTH branches of the ruling party want to keep around and talk about, but are loathe to actually DO anything about.

Rs whine about it - but when they are in power, they never actually DO anything about it.  And the Ds fight tooth and nail ANY effort to insure voters have a valid ID to register and vote.

If you think about it - so called 'voter fraud' would be one of the easiest problems to solve.

If the ruling class were of a mind to do so, that is.

Blessings,

-Ed

Edited by SavedByGrace1981

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

33 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Hello Flowerwater - Welcome to Worthy!

Voter fraud has been an issue at least since "Landslide Lyndon" (Johnson) won his first Congressional seat in 1948 by stuffing ballot boxes in Texas. He went on to become president in '63 after JFK was assassinated.  There is currently a sitting US Senator from Minnesota (Al Franken) who arguably is there as a result of voter fraud in his first election.

Voter fraud is one of those issues that I'm convinced BOTH branches of the ruling party want to keep around and talk about, but are loathe to actually DO anything about.

Rs whine about it - but when they are in power, they never actually DO anything about it.  And the Ds fight tooth and nail ANY effort to insure voters have a valid ID to register and vote.

If you think about it - so called 'voter fraud' would be one of the easiest problems to solve.

If the ruling class were of a mind to do so, that is.

Blessings,

-Ed

I don't know about the Johnson landslide. Before my time. :red_smile:

Yeah, I guess voter fraud could be considered a good thing by each party side. Even when it really isn't because it is dishonest vote getting. 

Both sides know there's fraud and yet there's that one contentious order that opposes voter ID when casting a vote. There's a solution but anything put forth is shot down. That really doesn't make sense unless the fraud is wanted by those who could as you say do something to solve it. 

9 hours ago, LadyKay said:

President Trump asking for the voter stats has nothing to do with how much money he has.  He has a right to expose who perpetrated the fraud doesnt he? I think it is a very wise move. He isnt worried because he knows that he didnt cheat. He won the Presidency because he had a landslide of votes by "we the people".  304 vs 227. That is how it works :) 

As I see it, there are many who are obstructing him at every turn.  He is running things according to law. I havent heard of any claims that he is breaking the law have you? Has anything been proven? No. Its just one witch hunt after another.