• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Just now, preciouspearl said:

yes actually. 

but i kind of thought that that could be normal? i generally have a pretty good memory but generally i kind of feel some things are just ....weird. i dont know how to explain. 

i think i can remember some things i learned in school that i held onto. etc

I'll PM you.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1987

I start therapy on Saturday. When I had the intake appointment,there was a Buddha statue. Do you think this is a good idea? Since the same person who did my intake won't be my counselor she might be safe but Idk . 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  106

On 7/1/2017 at 10:47 AM, preciouspearl said:

my dr is considering that i have schizophrenia and this scares me. im aware of some signs but im afraid one day i wont be aware if this is true  :'(

Praying for you.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

Hi preciouspearl;

I am of the belief that most MH issues may get manifested in the physical but have their roots -origin -with the spiritual.

Not handling resentments properly, holding on to grudges, and keeping resentments. and being effected by violation/ trauma/sin ,

those can be manifested in how we perceive and react to things.

The soul of a person holding-on to resentments, keeping fear alive, needs to find healing.Divine Healing from God

Only God through his only begotten Son Christ Jesus, can remove the hurt and replace it with healing love.

Medications only mask and keep one asleep, hypnotized and not fully awake.

Gods purpose is to WAKE us UP from what sin tries to keep us asleep/unconscious with.

the Buddha is the wrong way, your instincts rightly alarmed you to that. God is watching over you, trying to warn you. listen to what His word says over what people say.

Some people inadvertently can keep you in bandaged/bondage to the ruse of this world.

medicating people  with Mi illness is a not a cure, it many times does not even help but makes worse off a person.

Please be careful.

Pray to God through Christ Jesus to direct your path and lead you in the right direction and if your gut is warning you, listen to these inner warnings, sometimes the Holy Spirit of God is trying to warn you.

I believe Gods Holy Spirit was trying to warn you about the Buddha. Any therapist promoting this is also promoting other worldly agendas. Beware and go always to God first in prayer with your concerns.

And be careful, even people here on worthy, can be misleading if they are not aligning what they say with the word of God found in the Bible.

be careful of people who seem kind and nice who use words like the "spirit" or say something like "I listen to the spirit" without saying the spirit ending the word spirit with God, The Holy Spirit of God . Because we do not only wrestle with flesh but with the spirit world "spirits". we need to use the Sword of the spirit of God found in His Word. look to Ephesians ch 6:10-24

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

21 But that ye also may know my affairs, and how I do, Tychicus, a beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to you all things:

22 Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye might know our affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts.

23 Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

We need to use the proper WORDS that align with the Word of God.

There is a book called "a more excellent way" by Henry wright, In that book it explains through scripture the roots to illness and the cure through repentance in Christ Jesus.

Here you can listen to a you tube video about the book:

Also as I was looking for the Henry Right who wrote the  book a more excellent way, I just found another you tube video from another Henry right "the curse of unforgivensss" Its in a different style of preaching but it also mentions that we need forgiveness in our hearts.

Hi again Precious pearl;

People here have been praying for you.

Life is not easy all the time, it constantly is giving us challenges.

For sure some people are better wired to cope through these life challenges, (again because of many factors like family, upbringing, personality type, genetic wiring...)

So the ones who do have more difficulty coping with overcoming these life challenges need to look to find alternative ways to cope to get to the same arrival destination as someone not having these extra struggles. Yes thank goodness there is medical and social help available to help give hope and guide people to find ways to help themselves.  But one needs to use Gods discernment in finding the proper help.

My only concern is many times I have seen people getting wrongly assessed, diagnosed and being told they need medication when that is not the case. And then many times you see these people who have been diagnosed incorrectly, develop other problems that the medication brings on.

It is important to remember and consider seriously before taking any medication, that all medications have side -effects, in some cases they can bring on diabetes, high blood pressure, weight gain  that can further keep a person then hooked to medication and into the pharmaceutical loop .

Yes some medications can help, but medication if and when needed to be taken, needs to be taken wisely .

The majority of people I have met and the stories I have heard for these same people who have been prescribed MI medication have regrets in having ever started on these medications. Because they do not cure, they may mask temporarily and if there is any relief it is only temporary, short term, the struggles keep continuing ( I can say a lot on the subject, because i have seen a lot on the subject of prescription medication)

I feel for you precious pearl and certainly am not trying to make it sound like you don't need help. Yes good caring loving guidance for you would be a good thing. But I would caution you to were you go seeking that guidance. Look always fist toward that guidance from God and His Word and ask Him in prayer to guide you and show you the way in the right direction.

He will do it

God will do it

For you to truly experience this, you need to place your Trust in Him.

Start with little steps of Trusting in God and His Word to be True and let go of your self will, give your willfulness over to the care of God. That's what He is waiting for, before He is abled to help us.

Through each little step of trusting God, God is faithful and will show you that yes you can trust Him.

And this in turn just builds and builds our faith in God because then we SEE that YES HE IS who He says He is. Praise God! Hallelujah!  But this can only be found when we truly turn to Him and are willing to place our trust in Him.

This learning to trust in God i also had to learn myself. It was only when i was willing to fully place my trust in God that He was able to help me. Many times I prevented God from helping , by me shutting him out.  I had to find out that if I wanted God to really help me, that I had to just let go and let Him take over and help me. This letting go is a continual process, because we are geared and some of us more strongly than others to take our will back. And when we take our will back, we keep God from being able to help us like He would truly want to help us.

Many times we prevent God from helping us, by closing Him off from helping us, through our self will.

MH issues have degrees. but they can be managed and even overcome with God as our guide.

Christ Jesus said "I did not come for those who are well, I came for those who are sick, go and learn what that means." (found in Matth 9:11-13, Mark 2:17)

It means that all of humanity is "sick" to different degrees. But to get better we ALL need Christ Jesus Savior our Savior , healer, redeemer, that God had provide for the WAY to find Him back and be restored into the child of God we were always intended to be.

Precious Pearl, just so you know that you are not alone, I have struggled most of my life with sadness, depression, and seeking methods to escape from these that actually led me to even more sadness and depression. But, somehow, I never gave up on God and He never gave up on me.

I do know the struggle can be very difficult at times, especially when you think you are all alone with these struggles. You are NOT alone. God your TRUE Father Loves You and is waiting to be able to help you . But He does not push His love on anybody, He awaits for us to call on Him, to begin Trusting in Him, so He can be abled to help us.

Gods Word  says all are given a measure of faith to place our trust in Him. That is our way back to God and our way of getting closer to God. Without faith in God it is impossible to please Him or connect with Him. (can be found in Hebrews 11:6)

From having read a whole lot on MH issues, psychology and other... the only cure that made the most difference to me was turning completely to God and seeking Him and making God my eternal Father and the most important person in my life, my go to person at all times, the person I have come to trust the most. It has taken me many years of different struggles to now have found a place within myself where I can  accept my limitations and use the coping skills that I have found through life experience, life trials of ups and downs to better cope with life.  Its an awakening, it comes gradually for those who do not give up and keep their eyes fixed on God always for direction.

Ongoing challenges will always be a factor in this life. It is that way for everybody.  A big part of getting better is accepting the situations we cannot change and asking God to grant us the courage to change the things we can, and to give us the wisdom to know the difference.

Because of my own personal struggles, of coming from a dysfunctional family, having lost my father at the age of 13 years and having to find my own way into adulthood with not a whole lot of parental guidance, I had to go through many struggles of hit and miss to find my way to keep above water. I have searched and searched gone to different methods to find help.  Placing myself at times into free anonymous  self help groups were I was exposed to a variety of other people with varying degrees of MH concerns. Through this I got to befriend and listen also to many different people with their very own life struggles.  And it is by having met so many different people with divers MH challenges that I say with a bit of my own conviction, that I lean to a far greater extent against medication, because I have seen it NOT WORK, but only keep people stagnant and depressed and now depressed and stagant with medication and other health issues that the medication brought along with taking them.

I pray to our Loving heavenly Father, that He guide you Precious pearl in His right direction, through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus and restore you to His wholesomeness in Mind, body and soul. Amen! Amen! Amen!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/03/1987

therapy wasnt too bad. ill give some reflections on that day.

my actual therapist doesnt have her own room because she works there part time. there are 40 therapists in total.

so i cant yet accuse her of forcing a religion. she seems accepting that i go to a faith based group at times

so here is something i wrote about it the other day.

so i went to therapy on saturday and have an appointment next saturday as well.

we discussed the things checked off on intake and i feel exhausted.

i kind of feel like she was asking why i do things already. and its valid....but i have never got that deep with a T or counselor before. she said that flashback were checked off on the page and asked if i had trauma. i said "i dont know i guess"

the truth is i can have flashbacks to my self harm stuff anyway or bad fights. 

my mom prefers if i dont go there on saturdays all the time and i told her i told the T about this and said im flexible. 

i told mom that she might be able to be flexible but not next time for now. she said "oh so you are running down the family already huh? .....jus tkidding"

thats kind of not funny to me. it may have been a joke then but just still another thinly veiled warning.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  106

On 7/17/2017 at 1:53 PM, preciouspearl said:

therapy wasnt too bad. ill give some reflections on that day.

my actual therapist doesnt have her own room because she works there part time. there are 40 therapists in total.

so i cant yet accuse her of forcing a religion. she seems accepting that i go to a faith based group at times

so here is something i wrote about it the other day.

so i went to therapy on saturday and have an appointment next saturday as well.

we discussed the things checked off on intake and i feel exhausted.

i kind of feel like she was asking why i do things already. and its valid....but i have never got that deep with a T or counselor before. she said that flashback were checked off on the page and asked if i had trauma. i said "i dont know i guess"

the truth is i can have flashbacks to my self harm stuff anyway or bad fights. 

my mom prefers if i dont go there on saturdays all the time and i told her i told the T about this and said im flexible. 

i told mom that she might be able to be flexible but not next time for now. she said "oh so you are running down the family already huh? .....jus tkidding"

thats kind of not funny to me. it may have been a joke then but just still another thinly veiled warning.

Sorry you are going through this, put your trust in the LORD.  I pray for JESUS to help you.