• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

3 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Where is the Love.   Canada,the USA friendly neighbor just celebrated our own  CANADA DAY   150  birthday on July 3 2017 and there was a post to that effect from Jaydog.   Did not see one, not one  congratulation or remark from any of our neighbor from the south.  We did had one from our sisters way Down Under who was part of the British empire.    No good i say.  Anyway, there is always next year if the Lord wills.   Are we really neighbors, or just a pretense. 

I did see that post you are referring too. I thought the responses were very disappointing frankly. I am an immigrant to the US and love the country, but I also like Canada and a steadfast ally for both my homeland (UK/Northern Ireland) and my adopted land (USA). I would love to visit Newfoundland someday as it has very strong links to Ulster.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

12 minutes ago, ricky said:

I did see that post you are referring too. I thought the responses were very disappointing frankly. I am an immigrant to the US and love the country, but I also like Canada and a steadfast ally for both my homeland (UK/Northern Ireland) and my adopted land (USA). I would love to visit Newfoundland someday as it has very strong links to Ulster.  

Disappointing is a mild word for describing it really, but i won't rant about a milestone of 150 years of independence and to boot, USA is Canada largest trading partner, just had to squeeze that in.   Anyway, all gone now and just a reminder to all, not forget to get a card for the wife on her ? aniversary.:17:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,705
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

please.....i remember people referring to the holiday as both independence day and the fourth since I was a young kid...over 30 plus years. Everyone, even those who hate america, and those who love it, know exactly what we celebrate on the fourth. This is just a bunch of nonsense really...there is no "conspiracy" to slowly "eliminate" our independence by "making" us "forget about independence day" I will celebrate the fourth of July, because I, like everyone else, in this country, knows it is the day we declared independence from england. Whether you call it the "fourth of july" or "independence day" is irrelevant, because everyone knows whats important about that day regardless of what you call it.

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, PageofGrace said:

I appreciate that you posted the article. However, you're not really in a position to insist on others reading it as you'd like them to word it to your liking so as to , in my case since you quoted me, say the same thing you just did. Only using your words. 

In direct language, yes, I got it. Thanks . 

I am in a position to expect you to frame the author's position correctly.   You don't have the right to assign values to the authors words that he didn't intend.   You don't have the right to frame is position as something other than what he wants us to understand.

If you want to disagree with the author, that is one thing. But to misrepresent his words and then disagree with him based on a incorrectly framed presentation of his position is wrong.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Blessed Independence day today, to  our neighbor to the south  [USA] .   Happy July 4th America.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

We refer o the 1st of July as Canada Day, our nation's birthday . Refer to The 4th of July as Independance Day. That way nothing is forgotten.

Actually for those who would like to share in the friendship of both countries ...there is an amazing fireworks display over the Detroit River ahead of July 1st and 4th for what is the Freedom Festival. Too late for this year, maybe 2018?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

8 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I am in a position to expect you to frame the author's position correctly.   You don't have the right to assign values to the authors words that he didn't intend.   You don't have the right to frame is position as something other than what he wants us to understand.

If you want to disagree with the author, that is one thing. But to misrepresent his words and then disagree with him based on a incorrectly framed presentation of his position is wrong.

It would be wrong if that is what I did. Please seek elsewhere for your argument.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

17 hours ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

I don't need to read your remarks. I've noticed a pattern in your behavior that is quite disturbing. One that you seem to more than not follow right behind Running Gator, and vice versa, when you tag-team an issue or a member. Judging in my post meant exactly what it said. 

The Christian, as those here who read the particular scripture I'm referring to know well enough, is to be afforded in righteousness! Acts, not appearance. 

I read Flower's remark and what you either did not, or chose not, to get was the banter retort she made to the member to whom she was replying. That member chose to apologize, when there was no need. It was not your business at all. But you jump in and levy sarcastic condemnation toward a member, personally, as against the rules as is this I suspect. Just to get something from it. And now, as I've observed early on, I suspect my observation about one behind the other will manifest in short order. 

You're out of line. And I do not apologize for bringing that to your attention. There are a few people here who are vicious toward new members. One side wined their way into calling someone a sinner, not a Christian , and finally a demon. That dispicable assault was excused by one who should know better and put a stop to it.  
What the good soul is happening in this forum? In this community?  That hate filled people can spit on members , be excused for it, and continue. While the likes of you do this. When it wasn't your business in the first place because it clearly was out of your depth to get the inference Flower was making in short order and in fun, as is obvious, to someone not you! 

Now,  I'm darn sure I'll be reported for this. And I'm equally sure I'll be contacted by the rule makers. If that happens when the rule breaker I'm talking to isn't talked to, being reported, as was the other demonnamecaller, that just proves my point. Something is very wrong here. 

VERY!

Very! I saw the pattern you referred to all about the boards. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

13 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Where is the Love.   Canada,the USA friendly neighbor just celebrated our own  CANADA DAY   150  birthday on July 3 2017 and there was a post to that effect from Jaydog.   Did not see one, not one  congratulation or remark from any of our neighbor from the south.  We did had one from our sisters way Down Under who was part of the British empire.    No good i say.  Anyway, there is always next year if the Lord wills.   Are we really neighbors, or just a pretense. 

Ouch! Canada Day...July 1, 2017....a typo yes??

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  03/18/1960

18 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I am very sorry for your loss.  Losing a child is a horrible, horrible thing.  Been there.  I have no words.

Thank you.  I am very sorry for your loss. I, too, have no words.