• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi 

I have this problem with living and really wish I could die .Its hard to commit myself to anything and I seem to have lost interest in everything. I don't know what to do because I can't even stick to a Bible reading or prayer schedule which is very bad. I really wish I could find a way out.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  106

10 hours ago, Pert said:

Hi 

I have this problem with living and really wish I could die .Its hard to commit myself to anything and I seem to have lost interest in everything. I don't know what to do because I can't even stick to a Bible reading or prayer schedule which is very bad. I really wish I could find a way out.

I could be wrong but maybe depression?  I will pray for you now!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hi Noone7

Thank you very much.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Hi Pert.  That could be due to a lot of things.  You're searching for ways out as well as trying to pray, so that's a good approach.    There have been times in my life when my prayer was simply "Thy will, not mine, Lord" because I didn't know what was next or what I should be praying about.  Eventually, things  got better and my direction became more clear.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  106

18 hours ago, Pert said:

Hi Noone7

Thank you very much.

Your welcome Pert. Remember always what Jesus did for you on that cross! :)  You are valuable to the LORD.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

On 7/3/2017 at 4:31 PM, Pert said:

Hi 

It sounds like you are depressed, and perhaps even a little overwhelmed by life.  I don't think you should approach reading your bible or praying as though it were some kind of work duty or school assignment.  When you find yourself feeling helpless, that is probably when you need to pray or read your bible.  Whenever possible, focus on the blessings in your life and don't dwell on the negatives, remember though that when tribulation comes it is for your benefit and growth.  Rather than trying to find a way out, look for a way in, as in God's will for your life.

Praying for you, God bless.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 7/3/2017 at 1:31 PM, Pert said:

Hi 

You sound depressed. Do you think that might be the problem ?

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Hi Pert, are you young, even as old as 29 or 30, but especially a teenager. If you are it's almost normal to feel like you describe. But in today's crazy world even us older folks often wish we were dead. But it's very common for young people to feel like you, especially Christians. A non believer would probably go out and get so drunk they don't feel sad and then spend 2 days with a hangover where they can't feel anything. When that ends it's time to go back to school or work. That's how the people of the world live, and very few confide in anyone. It's good you confided in us. You might have a serious depression issue and if you do I recommend talk therapy over anti depressant drugs. Avoid those drugs unless you can't stop crying or you're on the verge of suicide. In those cases the drugs may help. But if you just have the chronic blues try talk therapy first. It's not a quick fix but I think it's better.