Witchcraft

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Does witchcraft always have to do with worshipping Satan? Then, it means each type of witchcraft is forbidden by God.

Why do some people practice witchcraft? Do they think they receive something in exchange? Do they receive something in exchange? Why don't they just pray to God?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Here's my view:  'Black' witches are generally evil and worship Satan.  'White' witches may be pagans where they are trying to be good and pray toward a 'great mother' or such.  These white witches may have rejected Christian churches for one of many reasons, and because they're trying to be 'good' I view them as unbelievers searching for their beliefs.   Since they're actively searching and actually praying to something, they're at risk of being deceived more easily.  For that same reason, it can be a great time to discuss Christian beliefs with them.  Sometimes, misconceptions about Christianity from a bad church experience can be corrected and they can be saved.  At the least, a seed in their mind can be planted so they may revisit Christianity later on.

I read something on the internet about "Malleus Maleficarum" and I understood that it is something to hunt witches. I just wanted to know more about how witchcraft was punished in the old times and I just wanted to read from that book. It is written by two people, one of them is Catholic. Does this book contain something related to sorcery or divination? (like spells or something). If yes, I should avoid it. Did I do a sin because I wanted to read from it? (I only thought it contains tips on how to identify a witch or something. Not how to be one)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, mat007 said:

I read something on the internet about "Malleus Maleficarum" and I understood that it is something to hunt witches. I just wanted to know more about how witchcraft was punished in the old times and I just wanted to read from that book. It is written by two people, one of them is Catholic. Does this book contain something related to sorcery or divination? (like spells or something). If yes, I should avoid it. Did I do a sin because I wanted to read from it? (I only thought it contains tips on how to identify a witch or something. Not how to be one)

it has been 50 years since I read that book, but as I remember it served as a guidebook for Inquisitors during the Inquisition, and was designed to aid them in the identification, prosecution, and doing away with Witches.

1 minute ago, other one said:

it has been 50 years since I read that book, but as I remember it served as a guidebook for Inquisitors during the Inquisition, and was designed to aid them in the identification, prosecution, and doing away with Witches.

So, it isn't evil?

1 hour ago, mat007 said:

So, it isn't evil?

I have a negative memory of what the book discussed...  When you have done some really deep research into the dark side for a very long time, it's hard to remember where all the bits of knowledge came from.     The subject matter it deals with is evil, and I would consider what the Catholic Church did with the book was evil.  It would be hard for me to tell you that it's ok or not ok to read.....   it would probably depend on why you want to read it, and if you could find the information you are looking for in material that doesn't get deep into witchcraft.

It is my personal experience that the more you learn about the dark side, the more they get interested in you.    a deep study in the whole thing got me into serious spiritual trouble that God Himself had to intervene to stop.

3 minutes ago, other one said:

I have a negative memory of what the book discussed...  When you have done some really deep research into the dark side for a very long time, it's hard to remember where all the bits of knowledge came from.     The subject matter it deals with is evil, and I would consider what the Catholic Church did with the book was evil.  It would be hard for me to tell you that it's ok or not ok to read.....   it would probably depend on why you want to read it, and if you could find the information you are looking for in material that doesn't get deep into witchcraft.

It is my personal experience that the more you learn about the dark side, the more they get interested in you.    a deep study in the whole thing got me into serious spiritual trouble that God Himself had to intervene to stop.

Ok. But I'm talking about sorcery, in general. Reading this book is a sin? Does it contain "rituals"? I had an idea of buying it because it had something to do with the Church, I hope in a good way.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

47 minutes ago, mat007 said:

It was written by two monks who were approved by then Pope Innocent as his good and favored sons. The Malleus was a guide to identify those in league with Satan. In much of Europe innocent accused persons who had not a thing to do with the old ways were persecuted. They suffered any number of fates from hanging, to beheading, to burning at the stake. Even drowning. 

Witchcraft today is the highly fictionalized imaginary silliness that began across the pond in England. Author, Gerald B. Gardner, who's namesake, Gardnerian Wicca, called Wicca so as not to scare people with the actual hoped for implication as, Gardnerian Witchcraft, started in England. 

The book Gardner wrote was published after Witchcraft laws in England were repealed. The early 1950's.  It is complete and total fiction. He and a woman, Doreen Valiente, now dead too, created this ritualized fiction. And became rather rich for their trouble. 

There are actual Witches. The so called real witches have never worshiped the adversary of the Christian God. 
However, like unto the label Christian, or any other religious or spiritual title, anyone can adopt the name, witch. Hence, Satanic witches. Like the atheist bunch affiliated with the LeVayan Church of Satan. Not even they worship a devil. They exploit that image to get under the skin of those who fear a devil. 

Best to stay within the light of Christ. It's much better. :) 

39 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

It was written by two monks who were approved by then Pope Innocent as his good and favored sons. The Malleus was a guide to identify those in league with Satan. In much of Europe innocent accused persons who had not a thing to do with the old ways were persecuted. They suffered any number of fates from hanging, to beheading, to burning at the stake. Even drowning. 

Witchcraft today is the highly fictionalized imaginary silliness that began across the pond in England. Author, Gerald B. Gardner, who's namesake, Gardnerian Wicca, called Wicca so as not to scare people with the actual hoped for implication as, Gardnerian Witchcraft, started in England. 

The book Gardner wrote was published after Witchcraft laws in England were repealed. The early 1950's.  It is complete and total fiction. He and a woman, Doreen Valiente, now dead too, created this ritualized fiction. And became rather rich for their trouble. 

There are actual Witches. The so called real witches have never worshiped the adversary of the Christian God. 
However, like unto the label Christian, or any other religious or spiritual title, anyone can adopt the name, witch. Hence, Satanic witches. Like the atheist bunch affiliated with the LeVayan Church of Satan. Not even they worship a devil. They exploit that image to get under the skin of those who fear a devil. 

Best to stay within the light of Christ. It's much better. :) 

I think you make a huge mistake in considering it fictional silliness for some groups do actually get attached with demonic forces and because of that I agree that people should stay with the light of Christ.   But it is a mistake to consider witchcraft as fiction..

1 hour ago, mat007 said:

Ok. But I'm talking about sorcery, in general. Reading this book is a sin? Does it contain "rituals"? I had an idea of buying it because it had something to do with the Church, I hope in a good way.

I don't remember if it has rituals in it or not.   The book is available on line to read.  You might locate a copy and go through the table of contents and see.

I'm not ure why you need to get that info from this book.

What got me deep into the occult was "Chariots of the Gods".  The book caught my interests and one book lead to another until I had demons living with us.   So it's hard to say what's dangerous and what's not.  My personal thoughts isx if it is not of the Holy Spirit, and He is pushing you to it, leave it alone.

As for witchcraft itself, it is so diversified it's almost impossible to get a general defination......  Even the Wicca movement really doesn't have s central core defining it.  Some seek out the moon goddess and the great horned God while others are more to nature worship.  But they all are into magic and that is not good.

Actually Wikipedia has a decent write up on the Wicca movement.

But new age religion that follow a Helenia Blavisky-alice Baily is evil to the core.  That starts to involve the antichrist.