Sign in to follow this  
FollowerOfTheWay

Could Jesus claim HIMSELF to be THE truth?

Question

"I am the way, the truth and the life." - Jesus

Do you really believe that Jesus himself could claim this? Or can you believe that it was The Truth itself that claimed it through Jesus? If the truth is universal, meaning that it is everywhere, in everything, in all of us, but that Jesus was the one who realized this? Thus The Truth could express itself through Jesus?

Do you believe that the truth is a person or rather an universal spiritual substance that can express itself through some enlightened individuals?

1 answer to this question

Blessings Follower

Welcome to Worthy

Our only enlightenment comes through the Person of Jesus Christ...                                         Yown

:amen:                                                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Jonathan BeWell
      Praise the Lord, hallelujah!
      Praise You, God, for your purity and perfection!  Praise You Lord, Jesus Christ, for saving me and my testimony!  Glory be to You, God, our Father who art in Heaven!  Thanks be to the Holy Spirit's comfort, teaching and guidance!  All we know, understand, experience and struggle with is for your glory, perfect plan and unquestionable will.  I shall not want or crave anything outside of Jesus Christ's way.  Let me know if so, let me understand what You want for us is best.  May I pick up and carry my own cross, denying myself for You.  I worship You as all knowing, powerful and gracious.  May I draw closer to You and keep You as top priority in my family's lives.  You are first, my family is second and I am here to serve.  May I serve you reverently, fully and completely.  May there be less of me and more of Jesus Christ instead.  Jesus, You are thee only way, light and salvation.  All I need is You.  God, You take care of the rest.  You are in control, God, making and letting everything happen.  I am in awe and wonder of your creation.  I am eternally grateful, worshipping You and your Son for thee ultimate sacrifice and act of love.  This body is your temple, use it as You will.  Bend me from my will to yours.  It is all about You, everything concerns and relates to You!  Yours is the kingdom, the power and the glory, forever and ever, in Jesus Christ's name, amen!
      Sincerely yours,
      GregoryB
    • By Behold
      Here is a simple  Thread concerning ONE always confused "lightning rod" topic(s).....3.) "What is blasphemy of the HS">.  along with 1.) OSAS, and 2.) "losing salvation". And the lack of understanding about these 3 really defines the distinction between legalists, and the born again.  It also exposes the level of New Testament understanding a believer or non, actually has understood, regarding The Blood Atonement and Redemption and Grace.   
      The fact is... if you are not saved, or if you are saved but are religious..(Legalist)  OR.... if you are very self righteous in both cases, then this comes to light very brightly regarding how you will react on Threads that deal with those 3 topics.
      Here is something to know... If you are a deep student of the word of God, then you are a deep student of Paul, of His epistles, =  deep student of the Grace of God.   If you are not a deep student of the word, you will not be familiar with Paul's teaching (Doctrine), and that is why you will have such an issue with understanding that Grace has replaced "works", and that is why so many argue endlessly on Christian Forums, trying to prove that the Grace of God is only as good as you are... regarding you "staying saved".
      Now think about that, and God give you light., if you are one of the many who is trying to keep yourself saved by your lifestyle.
      ---------------------------------------
      Ok, Blasphemy of the HS..     One way to think of it, is simply.... the act of being an  obstacle between a person and them finding the Lord or being born again.    In other words, if you or if anyone somehow creates a situation where someone would be blocked from their pursuit of Salvation.  This is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.   And example would be an Atheist online, on a forum, telling people that God is a myth, Jesus is not risen, and Christianity is a hoax.   If you are over 50, and you remember Peter Jennings,  former anchor of ABC News, or Christopher Hitchens, a famous European Political Analyst... Well, just before both of them died, they decided to pursue , in public, the idea that Jesus is a myth, and Christianity is a Hoax.   And they both died not long after they decide to preach this message of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.   So, its like i tell atheists on forums that are not Christian Forums..   I tell them that until they can prove that God does not exist, then its best to stand back from the pulpit where they are preaching their unbelief against God, in public, as God has shorter patience for this, ive noticed over the years.  "God is not mocked".  "it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God".......and that is a fact, regarding God who is Love.
      The best state of mind and mouth an unbeliever can have, is to think..."well, until i can prove that God does not exist, i will keep an open mind and a closed mouth regarding preaching my unbelief in public.
      I personally, have zero patience and zero tolerance for anyone who claims the names of Jesus, and goes on Christian forums and tries to talk people out of their salvation, by lying to them. And the lie is to tell a born again believer that they can stop being born again, if they behave badly, or dont have enough obedience, works....commandment keeping....etc.    This really galls me,  and fires up my Righteous indignation to the MAX ,  because its a so called "christian" doing the devil's work, on a Christian forum, and this should not be allowed, and i do my best to stomp on it, because its so harmful in its effect on weak Christians who are not grounded in Grace, and fall prey to these mind blinded workers of deceit.    See, i dont think any of you have ever actually tried to help someone who believes they have lost their salvation, because some heretic idiot convinced them, usually by twisting verses in Hebrews, to cause this mental breakdown.  And i mean its a mental breakdown that many born again have and are having., thinking they are lost and going to hell, panicked, living in dreadful FEAR....Dysfunctional human beings....ruined...... when if fact they are saved and are going to heaven.   Ive seen the devastation of real Christians  that is caused by this work of the devil, using a so called "Christian" to achieve it.    And once you have seen this, you'll be a lot more anti-sensitive to these devils who hang out on forums like this one, then you are now.   Real Christian Forums, should have zero tolerance for these heretics.   ZERO.   Their should be a statement of Faith that says....""We do not allow members to harass and try to confuse other members regarding the heresy defined as " losing your salvation".  This is not tolerated.  If you are discovered to be doing it, you will be warned once. If you persist, you will be permanently banned. ""
      ====================================
      Ok, back to the teaching....
      Now, when we want to understand what Jesus is talking about when He is talking to the religious leaders, of His day,  about their blasphemy, then you have to stop right there, and see that this is a specific moment, with Jesus himself being accused of doing His works by the power of the Devil.    So, ask yourself.... who isn't doing this, is who this verse does NOT apply to ???? That would be everyone who was not there at that time.
      Now why would what these Pharisees were saying to and about Jesus, "not be forgiven now or in the world to come"..   and this is KEY..    If you can see this, then you will have a lot of light regarding something very simple that applies across the board to any and all Christ Rejectors..
      Understand that this sin that they were committing by accusing the Lord of being the Devil's tool.......  It isnt this specific sin that Jesus is referring to that would damn them that day, or "In the world to come"...  
      So, what is the sin that Jesus is actually talking about, that is their damnation, as it is the damnation of all who commit it?
      Its the sin of rejecting Christ as Savior.   Its the sin of dying unsaved.  Its Jesus explaining...."If you do not believe that I AM the messiah, then you will die IN YOUR SIN(s)". (Unforgiven)... And this is explained technically and literally in John 3:36, where it says that you dont have to be dead to be damned, and that the judgment of God against your sin, is currently IN PLACE, regarding anybody and everyone who is not born again and is of the age of accountability.
      See a person who is damned, is judged by God as damned, and this is happening as long as they are rejecting Christ, which means, RIGHT NOW....The only thing that changes, is that the final end result is given to them for their Christ Rejection, after they die.   = Hell, then the Lake of Fire.  That is the eternal end result of Christ Rejection, that IS Damnation, that was already their's when they were alive, living and breathing as Christ rejectors.
      So, in the case of these Pharisees, their damnation, was not their accusation, but it was their Christ Rejection...(in this world and in the world to come) ......same as it is for anyone who is lost, and is not a Believer in Yeshua.
      So, they were blaspheming against the Lord, and against the HS< but this is just sin..........However,  their damnation, that Christ is pronouncing against them, is based on their Rejection of Him......Their Unbelief, as its this that is causing their words.  (Heart Unbelief)   So, their words are a reflection of their unbelief, and its their unbelief that has them under God's judgment.   John 3:36
      So, if you are born again. you can't undo your salvation, because its not yours to undo... It is God's who did it for you, because its HIS, that Jesus earned and Gives.
      Salvation is not of you, or me..   We dont do it.   We can't save ourselves, and we can't keep ourselves saved.
      Salvation is what GOD DID, its a Finished Work,  through Christ,  that He APPLIES TO YOU and ME. = Forgiveness of all sin..... No longer holding us accountable for them, in eternity, and does not impute them to us now.   Romans 4:8
      We are SINLESS, as if we never sinned, in God's perspective, because He has given us the Righteousness of Christ, and given our sin to Jesus, our sin bearer, who died for them all.
      And a born again person says....>"but what about this sin".......and the answer is always the same no matter the sin, ... Final Answer:) Jesus died for that one, and all the rest.
      Every sin, all sinning, has already been paid for by Jesus's sacrifice on the Cross, = His death.
      "but what if i".... = ALREADY Paid for, on the Cross.
      "but what if i".. = ALREADY Paid for, on the Cross.
      "but what about this sin, its a fancy one, its rare".... = ALREADY PAID FOR, ON THE CROSS.
      "SIN", ALL OF IT... has been dealt with on the Cross, and you are now a SAINT of God, a Child of God, and this for eternity, even tho you are not perfect.   See, Jesus IS perfect, and His sacrifice was perfect, and God accepted His sacrifice, to accept you because of it.
      God does not accept you because of YOU.....WHO ARE YOU?   Who am I?     Understand.....God  ONLY accepted you, and accepts you still, and always will, if you are born again, =  because of the Cross.
      The blood and death of Jesus <> ALONE<>  made you acceptable to God and keeps you acceptable to God.    
    • By Domitille
      If a person becomes a Christian because of a tragedy (like seeing someone drown e.g) did God sacrifice a person for that purpose, and is that a bad thing ?
    • By Behold
      "having a form of godliness"
      So. what is this?   What is this AS compared to being saved - born again?
      Its very simple....
      a "form of godliness" is religion. All Religion.   All Religion is a "form" of Godliness that isn't actually true Godliness.     And what is the difference between Religion and Christianity?     Well, Religion is man's self effort to touch God or become God.    Whereas Christianity is God coming to Man, as a divine Man,  to take man back home.    Religion is man's self righteous effort to get in touch with God, and Christianity is God on a Cross touching humanity with the Blood of Jesus, the Righteousness of God,  and the Love of God..
       Its, "self righteousness", which is Religion.    Look at that phrase..."self righteousness"......"self".."right'.......trying to make "self" "right" with God.......by SELF.   (Legalism)   By works, by lifestyle, by commandment keeping, and worrying about keeping the law to TRY to make "self" = "righteous".
      See it?    All Religion is an effort to ither become Divine, or to join Divinity, by SELF RIGHTEOUS EFFORT... = trying to make "self" "right"......= Self-Righteousness. = Religion.
      And THAT.......all that is Religion, and it is what 2nd Timothy is defining as "a FORM of Godliness", that "denies the Power of God".
      So, what is the Power of God that imparts Godliness?   It IS the only and sole means and method that causes you to become born again.    This is being SAVED.... This is...God giving you HIS very Righteousness, which is the defining idea  you are to comprehend so that you perfectly understand WHAT the Power of God is, exactly and in Truth.
      The power of God, is the ability of God to recreate you as a "new creation" "in Christ".  So, this, once applied to you, is not a "form of Godliness", ... Its not self righteous effort .....Its not Religion, and its not something that you can  do for yourself.   Its something that God did for you on a Cross and then offers this Power, this Redemption, this BLOOD ATONEMENT, as a "free Gift", and when you by Faith trust in Christ, God then delivers the literal Power of God thru Christ that recreates you as born again and a "new Creation in Christ".
      To simplify......  
      "A form of Godliness" is Religion..... is Legalism....is trusting in SELF, instead of trusting totally in CHRIST to save you and keep you saved.
      Listen....if you are not trusting in Christ Alone to keep you saved, then you are not really trusting in Christ.    Thats a fact.
      Real Godliness is Redemption.   Real Godliness is God making you righteous and keeping you righteous, =  through the Blood of Jesus.
      "A form of Godliness" is a person trying to be good enough, live holy enough, or reach high enough by self righteousness, as THEIR RELIGIOUS EFFORT to become one with God, and in doing this they are "denying the real power of God" which is......The Cross and God as Christ on it as total eternal Redemption offered as a free GIFT...= "the GIFT of Righteousness". .  = (Grace).