How did Satan rebel against God?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I know he was full of pride, but, what did he do? How did he rebel against God? And why did he want to do that? Ok, because he wanted to be like God. But he knew God is perfect and He loves everyone. I'm so confused right now. Did he wanted to change something?

Of course, I know Satan is our enemy and he's bad. But I'm so confused right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Satan did not want to worship or obey God. In his cortuption and pride,  he wanted to "take over" and BE GOD. (Isiah 14:12 Revelation 12:4).  He wanted the worship and praise that belongs only to God. Isiah 42:8 I am the Lord,I will not yield my glory to another.

So you can understand why God could not allow that to remain in heaven.

The bible says iniquity was found in Satan.  Iniquity is premeditated,progresses and increases. It is the type of repetative sin that it hardens your heart, and you become identified with that sin. People that live a sinful lifestyle have given themselves over to iniquity. Iniquity can become so pervasive, that it hardens your heart until you are reprobate unable to tell right from wrong.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I agree with Ginger, Satan wanted to be god, not just like god, he actually wanted to be god and have all that exists worship him. That's what pride does, pride does a similar thing to us, if we let it. Suppose you're fresh out of school and you get a job working with a master electrician, mechanic, or any man who is 1 of the best at what he does. Maybe after a year or so you decide you can do the job better than your boss and you try to usurp him, you want to discredit him, take over his business and even kill him. That's what Satan wanted to do to God. It's baffling bc Lucifer was the most beautiful and intelligent of all the angels. God shared everything He had with Lucifer. It was similar to when Pharaoh put Joseph in charge of everything in Egypt. Joseph had all the glories of Egypt except, of course, the very throne of Egypt. Lucifer wanted the throne of God, which no one can ever have, and it turned him into Satan the worst devil there is.

There are many good lessons for us in all of that. One is to be grateful when a person of power gives you rights and privileges no one has, whether you deserve them or not. Never turn on your benefactor, especially if he's also your maker.   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Interesting ideas.  Do you all have particular scripture for your thoughts.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

11 minutes ago, other one said:

Interesting ideas.  Do you all have particular scripture for your thoughts.

Who me? I know I paraphrased some of the meaning but I think scripture supports what I said. I'm not sure, off the top of my head, where the scriptures are that gave me those ideas. Which ideas, specifically, do you want support for? I'm sure glad there are search engines bc that's the only way I'll find them. What did I say that you think is questionable? I'm honestly confused.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  06/28/1993

Satan grew proud and wanted to be an equal with God or even be greater than God. Satan as the greatest angel was but God could not afford to have pride in his presence. Understand God gave us free will, we choose what we want. Some may say if he gave us free will why send to hell those who don't worship him, it's either you follow God or Satan you can't be in between.

Isaiah 14:12–14

12  “How you are fallen from heaven,

O Day Star, son of Dawn!

How you are cut down to the ground,

you who laid the nations low!

13  You said in your heart,

f‘I will ascend to heaven;

above the stars of God

I will set my throne on high;

I will sit on the mount of assembly

in the far reaches of the north;3

14  I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;

I will make myself like the Most High.’

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The two main portions within Scripture Isa 14 and Ezk 28 allows us to list main points:

Isaiah 14:12 (KJV)

[12] How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

[13] For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

[14] I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

[15] Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Ezekiel 28:13 (KJV)

[13] Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

[14] Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

[15] Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

[16] By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

[17] Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

[18] Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

[19] All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

From this and other area of Scripture we can understand this:
He was created as covering cherub his position was elevated above the mercy seat upon which God 'In His brilliance of light' sat ... in this Lucifer's breast plate was jeweled (descripted of stones Ex 28:17 with variants) and reflected, in the throne room, colors; Also he had tabrets and of thy pipes which suggest Lucifer was gifted with musical abilities possibly worship leader in Heaven with the angels entering into throne room before God~ after fall we learn this Job 1:6. Lucifer position allowed him to reflect back the increase of revelation of God's glory to other angels and as they entered he was noticed in this he took his eyes off God before him and placed them upon his own gifts (Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness:)... as he enjoined this practice of self examination, more and more, in his responsibilities to give the glory back to God less and less (By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned:) He became the first thief by taking what God had given him and not returning his qualities back unto God

John 10:1 (KJV)

[10:1] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

the first lie was actually within the heart of Lucifer by natural progression from disobedience of position to keeping attributes for self elevation forming the lie I am god-
(For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:) 

He then became the first murder whereby using these great gifts He convinced other angels this was so 'He was god'

Revelation 12:4 (KJV)

[4] And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

This 1/3 of God's sons (angels) believed and followed him into eternal death...