• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

Ugh.  I am having second thoughts about even posting this, but a question has been on my mind for a couple of days.  In the creation timeline of Genesis.  It says that there was evening and morning and that was such and such day.  How were the days measured since the sun and moon weren't created until the fourth day.  

Additionally, it says that Adam was created and Eve was created and they were to tend to the garden and name all of the animals on the sixth day.  Seems like a long day to me.

Finally, we are told that when the Hebrew word for day is preceded by a number it always means a literal 24 hour day.  But isn't that in contrast to Hosea 6:2.

Again, I am NOT trying to start any arguments here so please be civil in your responses.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,150
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

6 hours ago, da_man1974 said:

Ugh.  I am having second thoughts about even posting this, but a question has been on my mind for a couple of days.  In the creation timeline of Genesis.  It says that there was evening and morning and that was such and such day.  How were the days measured since the sun and moon weren't created until the fourth day.  

Additionally, it says that Adam was created and Eve was created and they were to tend to the garden and name all of the animals on the sixth day.  Seems like a long day to me.

Finally, we are told that when the Hebrew word for day is preceded by a number it always means a literal 24 hour day.  But isn't that in contrast to Hosea 6:2.

Again, I am NOT trying to start any arguments here so please be civil in your responses.

God having presence in all times speaks in that presence and it is up to us rightly divide that Word to be approved unto God (as that which is written and meant)

2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)

[15] Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

an example of this would be

Luke 4:17 (KJV)

[17] And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

[18] The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

[19] To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.  /the written division not seen except by study/

[20] And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

[21] And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Jesus was reading from Isaiah

Isaiah 61:1-2a (KJV)

[1] The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

[2] To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,

and stops there and says "This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears."
the rest of the passage in Isaiah goes as such

Isaiah 61:2b-4 (KJV)

[2]  and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

[3] To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

[4] And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.

in careful study one discerns the conjunctive -and- skips the church age all together and goes from Jesus being there speaking & fulfilling His ministry among them - as He said... and going directly to the millennial kingdom where Jesus shall rule with a rod of iron bringing restoration to the first creation from tribulation He brings upon it....

So now back to your question:  God being in the fourth day of creation the same to Him as the 1st day where the meter for the day does not yet exist speaks from His perspective as it does... this is how we see God within His Word  speaking through time, yet not conformed, He, Himself, to it but fulfilling every predictive aspect of it because outside of it He controls it...
Love, Steven

Take the Bible literally, except when It is clearly allegorical, and you can't go wrong. GOD SAID that HE made creation in 6 days and rested on the 7th. Each day was a 24 hour period, beginning and ending at sunset according to Scripture. GOD is simple to understand to those whom HE knows and who know HIM. Let's not make it difficult by trying to read into HIS Word. JMHO.

So are we still in the 7th day?  There is no mention of it ending.

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

Have you entered His rest by entering Christ's rest in Jesus?

Umm.  Are you asking if I am saved?

7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I was saying we enter the 7th day rest as we come to trust in Jesus. 

I was simply answering a question with a question.

So I guess is the seventh day not considered a 24 hour day?  It is different based on when a person comes to trust in Jesus?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 7/7/2017 at 9:47 AM, da_man1974 said:

Some people believe that "day" in this passage means "period of time." If that's the case, then the periods of time that we are talking about could have been much longer than 24 hours.