Temptation

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi I'm been struggling with sexual temptation and lust. My boyfriend and me try to keep our minds pure but It always creeps up . We think and act on our temptation at times . We try to create boundaries and all. We started with indulging in the temptations at the beginning of our relationship but after we were both saved we want to stay pure in heart and follow God . Well for me I wake up praying to not fall but at times I still do . I feel so worthless at times because I disappoint God again and feel dirty . We been dating for about 3 years and we are both trying very hard to stay pure but it's hard. Like I feel both sides of me being pulled . I really hate falling but I feel like I don't recognize who I am when I do. We been praying about marriage too because I think use dating for so long might play a factor because we are extremely comfortable with each other but I don't know . Like we both discuss it but money is a huge obstacle. I just want to move on from this sexual temptation. How do I move pass this ? 

Edited by Nicky 143

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Nicky

Welcome to Worthy.....the Q & A is not a discussion Forum ,it is an answer forum so it would be much better to talk about the situation at hand with you,its very hard to just give answer without being able to ask you some very important questions

We are all a work in process Sister & you are but a "Babe" in Christ....the deeper we get into our Relationship with Jesus the hungrier & more thirsty we get for His Word & Faith comes by Hearing the Word of God.....this doesn't mean you don't have "enough " Faith" or even that you need "stronger " Faith as some my say....you need to ACTIVATE your Faith by walking in Spirit & in Truth

Walking in Spirit & in Truth is moving in the Authority & Power of the Holy Spirit,Jesus Abides in us & we hve access to His Heart& Mind .....it begibns w4ith a good,solid foundation,getting firmly established in Gods Word    If you fill your spirit with the things of God then you learn & grow,your Spirit has been made Alive in Christ & now y ou must nourish it that it may flourish & produce Good Fruits   The Fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."    Seems you are struggling in these areas because of carnal desires.....'I be5lieve you are focused on the wrong relationship

Matthew 6:33 (KJV)

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Put God FIRST and  your flesh will be of little or no consequence......your boyfriend should be seeking God First as well....you can have Bible Study together,worship,pray & praise together and have a REAL(far better than you could ever dream of or hope for) Godly relationship if this is Gods Will for you both ,Praise Jesus!     

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Never allow a place of private ... and at any time either see the temptation coming -run- period don't think, don't hesitate -run- ....

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Any guy contemplating marriage should have a job that pays well enough to afford an apartment and transportation, food and clothing.  I always said 24 is a good age.

Any girl contemplating marriage should have her own apartment, a job and be learning how to manage a house, cooking, grocery shopping, and money.  NO CREDIT CARDS!   20 to 22 is a good age.  

It is OK to have a Christian room mate or two of the same sex until you become established.  

The point is that high school age is way to young to get married.  Most don't survive.  You don't have the maturity and skills to endure and make it last.  Especially, you need to grow in Christ in having the mind of Christ.  So don't be alone with him.  Don't touch at all.  Email and text if you want to talk of personal things.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Nicky 143 said:

Hi I'm been struggling with sexual temptation and lust. My boyfriend and me try to keep our minds pure but It always creeps up . We think and act on our temptation at times . We try to create boundaries and all. We started with indulging in the temptations at the beginning of our relationship but after we were both saved we want to stay pure in heart and follow God . Well for me I wake up praying to not fall but at times I still do . I feel so worthless at times because I disappoint God again and feel dirty . We been dating for about 3 years and we are both trying very hard to stay pure but it's hard. Like I feel both sides of me being pulled . I really hate falling but I feel like I don't recognize who I am when I do. We been praying about marriage too because I think use dating for so long might play a factor because we are extremely comfortable with each other but I don't know . Like we both discuss it but money is a huge obstacle. I just want to move on from this sexual temptation. How do I move pass this ? 

How old are you? You need to keep God and  God's word the most important part of your relationship. When you feel the temptation you need to stop and pray. I do not know if you and your boyfriend have a person who can be a accountability partner. Someone you can talk with about your feelings and can keep you accountable. Satan does not want you and your boyfriend to stay pure before you are married so you need to know that he is there trying his best to allow you to stumble and fall.

1. Pray with your partner

2. Value marriage and have respect for each other.

3. Set your boundaries. Such as no inappropriate touching or kissing. Do not allow yourselves to be alone.

4. Know that having a sexual relationship before marriage can have some emotional consequences. When a couple marry and have sex they become one. That is a beautiful relationship that God has allowed a man and wife. Why cheapen it by having that relationship before marriage?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 7/7/2017 at 1:57 PM, Nicky 143 said:

I am very tempted to stay out of this conversation, but i offer what Paul said to the individuals at the church at Corinth, a city of some special needs in the area of relations.

"1 Corinthians 7:1-9English Standard Version (ESV)

Principles for Marriage

Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.”  But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.  The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband.  For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

Now as a concession, not a command, I say this.  I wish that all were as I myself am. But each has his own gift from God, one of one kind and one of another.

To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is good for them to remain single, as I am.  But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion."

And may I add from personal lfe history, all the guidance given from a financial perspective by experts writing magazine articles, is just so much  garbage. Go to college, meet your spouse to be by third year, marry have two children, one a boy the other a girl, own a house ( and have a big mortgage on it). It is all garbage for it is given from the perspective of  people that are seeking success in financial terms. And God does not have us to run our lives in financial terms, not at all. It is not he who dies with the most toys in life that wins.  It is he who bows before Jesus as Lord and master that receives God's grace and mercy.

If you can resist the passion great, but if you cannot what does your Bible indicate is better? Now that does presume one thing- one vital condition; that  you are old enough to marry in this land! 

And there is another thing, married or not old enough or not sex results in children, No matter the method of birth control figure sex equals a child. So can you provide for baby's well being? And if you can't, who is going to have to when you have your child?

And who is this commentary coming from? An old man that married very young stayed married lost his bride after fifty years, struggled financially, also made a lot of money three times and lost it three times. And has had the two children one a boy one a girl, and has one grandchild born  to a 42 year old mother. 

Oh, passion and love is not the same thing! Passion burns hot for years and years, and is impersonal; but love it is something different all together. Love is a higher privilege, a gift that comes with very great responsibility. It grows and bonds two into a one, and even lives past the lifetime of even the passion of lovers themselves.

So if you can, and really you can if you take the tact that you have a mind to do so, overcome the hot passion, even if it means having to separate and move on in different directions. Or if you will not, then marry,- and live the struggle of marriage that leads to what love really is about - the long haul through life in this flesh while trying to be spiritually guided to obedience  under the grace and mercy of God.

May God be ever so merciful to you and your male friend.

Edited by Neighbor

• Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/7/2017 at 0:57 PM, Nicky 143 said:

Elope.

• Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Don't let this world keep you from marrying your soul mate. 

Have the big wedding later.