• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/19/1954

I have seriously thought about being cremated when I die.  I have no husband, my children have their own families, my parents will be buried together so if I am buried (should I remain single at that time) I will be placed in a hole in a plot by myself.  My desire is to be cremated and let the children decide what they want to do with this old earthly body.  My mother (91) is not very happy about this decision.  I have asked several pastors their opinion about cremation and no one can give me an answer whether it go against biblical doctrine or not.  I would really like some imput on this.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, Sunshine 5 said:

I have seriously thought about being cremated when I die.  I have no husband, my children have their own families, my parents will be buried together so if I am buried (should I remain single at that time) I will be placed in a hole in a plot by myself.  My desire is to be cremated and let the children decide what they want to do with this old earthly body.  My mother (91) is not very happy about this decision.  I have asked several pastors their opinion about cremation and no one can give me an answer whether it go against biblical doctrine or not.  I would really like some imput on this.  

I asked my Pastor this very thing. We spoke about this at length. Many people die or are killed in many different ways. Thousands have been drowned at war, their bodies never recovered, some possibly eaten by sharks, many are dismembered in accidents, some I have seen so were so badly dismembered, body parts were taken away by birds before we could gather all, never to be recovered.

Many people have been consumed by fire, 9/11 only one such example.

Its all a matter of personal choice.

I wanted to be buried, my wife cremated. So we would be together I have decided to go along with her wish and be cremated.

All cremation does is hurry the process of returning the body to dust from which it was made by God.

Genesis 3:19, In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. (KJV).

Upon resurrection we will be given a brand new glorified body, which will be recognisable by those who have known us in this life.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. That is what the Bible says happens to the body when it dies. At the Resurrection, we will receive new, immortal bodies that will never die. There is nothing in Scripture that talks about dealing with a body after it dies, except in the OT, and that had to do with hygiene and disease control than any thing else. In the NT, Paul says that absent from the body, present with the Lord. Our Spirits go to be with Christ until the Resurrection, for those who are saved. For those who are lost, their spirits (souls) go to Hades to await their judgement. We will no longer need our earthly bodies after death as GOD says we will get new ones, so whatever you desire to happen to your empty remains should be your decision and there is no Biblical "Doctrine," not of human psychology, that you would be violating should you choose cremation. I myself have chosen cremation.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The bible is silent on cremation. If the body is cremated it will not make a difference in God resurrecting the body. It is a matter of personal preference.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Welcome~!

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

4 hours ago, Sunshine 5 said:

I don't see anything wrong with it, certainly nothing in scripture.  I told my daughter she can dispose of me however she chooses and that I'm fine with cremation as it would be less expense for her.  Welcome to worthy by the way. :)

God bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

I haven't seen anything scriptural to say that it's a sin. I will say that cremation was started by various pagan peoples for their pagan worship, and that the Jews did no cremate. Does that mean we shouldn't? I don't know. I would prayerfully consider it and ask God to reveal His will to you.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/19/1954

I have had your same thoughts HAZARD, I guess my real question is when given a choice, is cremation acceptable?  There are times when a person is required to do things that would, when given a choice, be unacceptable.

KB1110 has given me an answer that a previous preacher gave me a couple of years ago. My thoughts here are that I would not be having this done to follow pagan religions. Your statement to "prayerfully consider it" is so true. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

Personally no cremation. The body burns the bones do not and are disposed of in the landfill. When dead it probably does not matter. The question also is ...is it really you and all you who is in the urn? ????

Jesus was buried or entombed. I prefer the burial method. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I moved your thread here for better interaction without the need to approve every reply.