• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Just want to say brother, your point is well-taken.........about not being extravagant as the world tends to be, but keep it simple and let any surplus be given to the poor.  It's the way we should live as well as die, amen.  The Lord was showing me another aspect, just about being respectful of the dead......the body of Jesus was treated properly and buried properly, and God knowing there was to be a resurrection of it.  The extravagance of the alabastor box and perfume was because He was God and worthy of it........we do not need to anoint our dead extravagantly or do anything in an expensive way.  Extravagance is the world's way.....and I believe that is the point you were making, and to that I say amen.

OH I agree too sister.  Its just when it comes to me, I would rather things be done for others rather than myself at all.

Course that is grace at work.    I truly believe the whole concept of LOVE

would be this type of person  . ONE who does not store up anything for himself , because he desires others to be taken care of

HE puts their needs far above his own.  He would die so that others can be saved.   Even if it meant the whole world hated him

yet he would do all to warn , correct , rebuke ,  In essence he would show the way .   He would do all for the HONOR of the FATHER

and take upon himself the burdens of others .  Seeing himself as a servant .   HE would not see himself as a LORD over , but as a servant to the flock

that is how I truly believe a pastor should be.  He should desire no money, he should live LIKE his own flock, no better

in fact due to the gospel should be his goal...........he would often be mocked more than most , often hated more than most

yet his whole hearts desire would be that even his enemies have life , that they come to the truth.

I see that it the early apostels.   But this pattern they did not live first...........SOMEONE ELSE LIVED LIKE THAT FIRST

and took on all accusations, was not rich , lived like his own flock , not better...........he even washed the feet of his own

but he also rebuked severly at times, HE SPOKE on truth , was direct , did not worry about who got offended

just did all for the sake of others .    I truly believe about well over ninety five percent of runs leading the churches.....THEY DONT EVEN KNOW JESUS.

and no man should lead , guide the church TILL THEY TRULY HAVE THAT HEART and ARE MATURE. 

that is what I truly belive.   Its just so sad that their are so few.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/19/1954

On 8/19/2017 at 8:47 AM, OldCoot said:

By stating a waste of time, the meaning was in concert with the rest of the post.... one ends up the same way, either way.  The only difference is time and money.   I have a standing order that once I die, I go straight to cremation. Only if an autopsy is needed to interrupt that.  No fancy stuff.   Personally, the way I would prefer would be the best in terms of cost and simplicity, but is not allowed as a viable option thanks to government regulatory nonsense in favor of morticians.  I live rural.  Just call the neighbor and have him bring his backhoe over to the property.  Dig a hole on the back side of the property, wrap me in a blanket and roll me in.  Fill back in and all is done.  Cost?  $50 of backhoe time.    Irreverent? Not really.  I am not there anyway.  Just a body that I used to be in.

I guess I misunderstood your comment.  I have really struggled with this question.  Cremation is my choice, the main reason being the extravagant cost of a funeral service.  Even though the reasons have no logic because I will be with my Lord, I just don't want to go under 6 feet of dirt.  I had rather be scattered in nature or placed in a container somewhere above ground.  

• Group:  Mars Hill

6 hours ago, Sunshine 5 said:

I guess I misunderstood your comment.  I have really struggled with this question.  Cremation is my choice, the main reason being the extravagant cost of a funeral service.  Even though the reasons have no logic because I will be with my Lord, I just don't want to go under 6 feet of dirt.  I had rather be scattered in nature or placed in a container somewhere above ground.  

The more clearly these days are seen for what they are...............I really don't think any of us , will have to wonder where we will be buried.

Cause soon , anything that does not go under that all inclusive mindset , this call evil good and good evil bear hug for world peace, those like me that refuse

anything to do with that sorry interfaith that mockes OUR LORD ,  well we will just be ,  how to say this without causing anyone fear, OH we will be hunted down and killed.

Don't let that scare you dear sister.   OUR HOME is above with our LORD and to be absent from this body is just to be present with HIM.   You be blessed dear sister and praise

the Lord.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/19/1954

On 8/24/2017 at 4:15 PM, frienduff thaylorde said:

The more clearly these days are seen for what they are...............I really don't think any of us , will have to wonder where we will be buried.

Cause soon , anything that does not go under that all inclusive mindset , this call evil good and good evil bear hug for world peace, those like me that refuse

anything to do with that sorry interfaith that mockes OUR LORD ,  well we will just be ,  how to say this without causing anyone fear, OH we will be hunted down and killed.

Don't let that scare you dear sister.   OUR HOME is above with our LORD and to be absent from this body is just to be present with HIM.   You be blessed dear sister and praise

the Lord.

Thank you.  I have been reading your comments on other topics and you have a great testimony and witness.  Keep up the Good Work.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,072
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

If cremation is wrong

2 Peter 3:12 (KJV)

[12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

[13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

after all are we not following the example of His Own plans :) 
Love, Steven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I agree with much that has been said about cremation vs: burial, however, and this is an opinion.

One of the reasons among many Christ walked this earth in the flesh, was to be an example and set the bar. He elected to be buried (even though a sepulcher is technically not earth burial), the idea to me seems to be, given a choice, is to keep the body in one place. I believe we should follow everything Christ did as an example. 

I don't believe I've ever seen a cemetery here in the U.S. where the bodies and graves didn't face the East for His coming. If memory serves, I think this started from early church tradition and our early church fathers but I would have to look it up for confirmation. 

But yes, God has every hair on your head numbered. To me that means He knows every strand of DNA that makes us, us. And / or can gather us back together no matter where our remains are or what happened to our bodies. A God that can create the universe and us out of nothing, it's child's play for Him to resurrect our bodies. 

Just after posting this a thought crossed my mind, and again this is a question? Would voluntarily having our bodies cremated show any disrespect to the Lord and the body He gave us? I realize that in either case, we still return to the dust of the earth. Just another thought.

• Group:  Mars Hill

7 hours ago, Sunshine 5 said:

Thank you.  I have been reading your comments on other topics and you have a great testimony and witness.  Keep up the Good Work.

You are love too prescious sister..............sing , sing , sing to the LORD and stamp the feet and clap the hands with joy to the LORD.

The LORD inhabits the praises of His peoples....................so lift up those hands and praise the LORD and in Spirit I am with you praising the LORD .

One mind , one heart , one voice and let it be all to the GLORY of GOD , FOR God alone deserves all glory and amen.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

Cremation......Hmmmm  Just don't be in your body when it gets done.

• Thumbs Up 1