angels4u

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Matthew, Mark and Luke all record the same event.  Who here can tell Jesus He was wrong to do such?

As Jesus passed on from there, He saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, “Follow Me.” So he arose and followed Him.

Now it happened, as Jesus sat at the table in the house, that behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Him and His disciples.  And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to His disciples, “Why does your Teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.  But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’  For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

If the Holy Spirit is leading you to go and do, obey Him.  Let Him deal with the thoughts of others.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
On 7/8/2017 at 2:10 PM, angels4u said:

Should Christians witness if they get a chance in bars and jails , knowing  there are people they can reach for the Lord?

Only if that is where the Lord has told you to go and only when He has equipped you for that kind of ministry.

Stories abound about preachers who have gone into bars or down into the red-light district for the purpose of ministry and end up getting sucked into those cultures and shipwrecking their ministries.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Only if that is where the Lord has told you to go and only when He has equipped you for that kind of ministry.

Stories abound about preachers who have gone into bars or down into the red-light district for the purpose of ministry and end up getting sucked into those cultures and shipwrecking their ministries.

Yes, be sure you are following His lead!

2 Peter 1:5-11

But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.  For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.  For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

I've been in some "slim shady" places at times, to reach out with the Gospel to the lost, as led by His Spirit.
Being led of Christ and standing in His strength is a must.

During these times, part of my prayer has been for for God to have me reach out to those He wants, while keeping me from being seen by others with an "appearance of evil."

1Th 5:22  Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Slander at times though knows no bounds, no matter how forthright we are, I've had a few slanders come my way.
It followed John the Baptist, and our Lord Jesus Jesus Christ at times, particularly from the religious crowd:

Luk 7:33-35 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil. The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners! But wisdom is justified of all her children.

Don't fear them, your reward may not be so great here, but it will be in heaven!
No matter your calling, reach out and let your light shine before men!

Mat 5:10-16
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

On 7/10/2017 at 9:19 PM, Willa said:

We usually eat mid to late afternoon, and often they want to seat us in the bar.  I finally confronted the manager and told her I was insulted that they assumed I was a bar fly.  She sputtered a little.  But at least they ask where we would like to be seated now.

Hey Willa, in a way, I know what you mean, but the manager didn't necessarily think you were a bar fly.

Just last week, I took my wife out for a late lunch.
The stewardess promptly sat us at a table in the bar area, instead of the dining area.

Being there were none at the bar however, the bartender became our waiter, and it gave me the perfect opportunity to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with him.
He was a great waiter too, I sandwiched a $5 tip right in the middle of an Answers in Genesis pamphlet on evilution, that also has a clear presentation of the Gospel on it's last pages.

Oftentimes, those Christian tracts/pamphlets will go unnoticed though if they do not have a tip with them for good service given.

The rare bad service? Still an opportunity to pray for their salvation, while one leaves 2 cents on the table on the way out.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I wouldn't think a bar where people are inebriated would be the best place for such impaired minds to receive the word of the Lord.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 12/07/2017 at 9:05 AM, shiloh357 said:

Amen Shiloh,I was bringing this question up just to see what Christians would do,I never walked in a bar to witness but if I knew the Lord wanted me to talk to somebody  I would would walk in knowing I,m a sinner saved by grace....

As for jail's or other places I don,t have problems .. wrote with a prisoner from Illinois for many years many years ago,the sad thing is that this person turned to the Islam religion .

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

On 7/8/2017 at 3:10 PM, angels4u said:

Should Christians witness if they get a chance in bars and jails , knowing  there are people they can reach for the Lord?

Do you see or not see anything wrong with witnessing in certain places or buildings?

Could there  be a time in our life that God might ask us to go to a certain person who could be in a bar and witness to that person , what would you do? (of course not to drink with them )

Also what would you do if your work has a meeting after work and they decided to have it in a Mormon church?

Where would Jesus go?

Matthew 28:19-20 

“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Mark 16:15

“And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.'”

Only if the Lord tells them to.

Even if the Lord tells someone to, he/she should watch and pray for himself or herself.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

53 minutes ago, KPaulG said:

Even if the Lord tells someone to, he/she should watch and pray for himself or herself.

Amen Paul, it's not for everybody...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

1 hour ago, KPaulG said:

What are some of the ways or manner the Lord would tell someone like that.   Audibly, or ?.  Could you give one example.