• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

10 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Sinning is a choice we make, an act of rebellion.   God commands us not to sin, which means it is not "hardwired" into us.  

Sinning is a choice we make. Period! I think this is one of the most accurate statements possible to make about sin.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

23 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

God commands us not to sin, which means it is not "hardwired" into us.  

Yes I believe this and I also believe scripture that says that God will provide a way for us to overcome sin.

And that we will never be tempted more than we can bear, and that He will provide for us the way to overcome. as every new test of faith arise in each new day we are given in this world

I truly believe it is the Holy Spirit of God who when we welcome Him to come make a home in our hearts, He circumcises our hearts with His commandments and begins working in us to make us His new creations.

Sinful patterns we may have taken through life and ignorance and trauma, God can remove and heal us from them, as God will convict our spirits to what is right and what is wrong. When the Holy Spirit of God is truly working in our hearts, we will feel it when we are sinning and if we Love the Lord like we say we love the Lord we will want to overcome that sin so that it no longer is part of our lives.

Yes we are covered by the Blood of Jesus for our sins, but when we become redeemed by His Mercy and Grace, the healing, cleansing process begins and as we keep drawing closer and closer to Him and keep earnestly looking to have a personal relationship with Him. through this process, we slowly become awakened to His righteousness, we slowly become transformed into His glory, so that His WORKS be manifested in us by the change of our ways by sinning less and less .  When Gods Holy Spirit is truly working in us, we are no longer the same person we were as before we were saved. The things of the world we used to cling to before coming to fully know Christ, no longer appeal to us, as we become more and more transformed through His glory working in us. Praise the Lord! Thank you Christ Jesus!

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

GINOLJC, to all. I'm new to the site glory to the Lord Jesus. I have read only a few of the post from the beginning. but in addressing the OP, I understand what the author is getting at. not saying that any are right or wrong in their posts, but consider this. as the  author of the OP states, are we "HARDWIRED" to sin?. that's very interesting. here's my point, the man Abel, little is known of him except that his brother killed or murdered him.  but considered what our Lord said about him, Matthew 23:35 "That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar". Abel was righteous, as well as many more, because the bible is clear about this and very interesting in what it says here. Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come". for the wages of sin is death. but these righteous men stilled died. but the point I'm trying to make is this, was Abel hardwired to sin. if so why was he righteous in God sight, and where did he get his righteousness from. today, post cross, out righteousness is in Christ Jesus.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

I think the term "hardwired" represents some semantics. According to Romans, "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God". All means all. That means new-born babies have sinned. As it says elsewhere, we are born into sin. While there is grace for those too young to understand their sin, nevertheless all have sinned. That means that none of us get a pass. As we grow older, we become aware that our choices can be obedience or disobedience. Disobedience leads us into sin. Obedience leads us away from sin and toward Jesus. However, we can become so practiced at sin that it becomes a stream of iniquity that we no longer have to "choose" to do...we have developed a propensity to sin. Further sin in this area leads to the development of a curse, most likely a generational one where we pass our sin nature in specific areas down to our children (Deut.5:9,10).

If I find someone that appears "hardwired" for sin, I assume I am dealing with a generational curse that the individual may not even be aware of.

11 minutes ago, No124get1952 said:

All means all

I'm not sure about that, unless it is qualified. here's my reason. Romans 1:7 "To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ". he's not speaking to everyone in Rome, because he qualified with, "beloved of God, called to be saints". in Romans 5:14 he qualifies it with, " them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression". as well as with the scripture you stated, "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God". but not after the  similitude of Adam's transgression, for if it was not then the all would have included our Lord and saviour Jesus the Christ. which the bible clearly states was sinless. so "all "cannot be qualified here as every unless specified . 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/21/1945

There has been contention in academic circles as to whether human corruption is a result of genetics or character rooted passions. I side with the character rooted passions notion. The book of Ecclesiastes says that God created man upright, but men have gone in search of schemes. The schemes that men become involved in using such things as money as a medium of exchange, a measure of value, and a store of value can be productive yielding good fruit or malignant yielding bad fruit depending on the character and competence of those who are doing the scheming or who are engaging in projects of one kind or another.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On 7/9/2017 at 9:10 AM, JohnD said:

All the verses in the Bible that speak to the contrary are wrong... if you believe this to be true.

The fact of the matter is, we are hardwired to sin.

Lying, cheating, stealing, and lusting (in its many ways including homosexuality) are included in this package we call human nature.

To single out one as not in the origin of human kind is ridiculous.

They are in human nature and at the same time they ARE a choice.

Choosing to do nothing about them is a choice.

So it is all about choice BUT its is also about what we are born with to overcome!

God doesn't create sin, that is a choice.

2 hours ago, gamnot said:

There has been contention in academic circles as to whether human corruption is a result of genetics or character rooted passions. I side with the character rooted passions notion. The book of Ecclesiastes says that God created man upright, but men have gone in search of schemes. The schemes that men become involved in using such things as money as a medium of exchange, a measure of value, and a store of value can be productive yielding good fruit or malignant yielding bad fruit depending on the character and competence of those who are doing the scheming or who are engaging in projects of one kind or another.  

I agree that sin is not genetics. but something passed onto all men to infect us all, because we all die. the sin nature have to be spiritual. since we were cut off from God. there are another scriptures that is very interesting to this discussion. Romans 8:19 "For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God,20 "For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope". two things jumps out here. NOT WILLING, and BY REASON OF HIM, meaning God. not willingly is not our fault, or choice. but by his reasoning.  maybe someone have info in this verse that knows the REASON. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

16 hours ago, 101G said:

. Abel was righteous, as well as many more, because the bible is clear about this and very interesting in what it says here. Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression,

After Adam and Eve sined all the earth changed,fromthe animalkingdom to thevegetation. sin came upon the earth. so that everyone born after adam and eve had the sin gene in them. Because one man sinned, sined entered upon the earth. Our genesand blood are tainted by the first original sin.

That I why Christ Jesus the only begotten son of God was sent to free us once and for all from the bondege that sin holds withouth Gods plan of Mercy and Grace involved.

Christ Jesus Blood came direct from God, just like the blood of Adam before he fell into sin.

Christ Jesus came to buy us back from the original sin that brings death. Christ Jesus came to give us life and gives us life abundantly and eternally.

even though some were considered righteous, they still had the tainted genes from Adam.

Just like now, for all good intentions and purposes we can be righteous but without  the blood of Christ Jesus covering our sins, we remain tainted,

Even Christ Jesus said don't call me good no one is good but the Father. Christ Jesus was saying this concerning the human nature of man. Christ Jesus came in the likeness of man but He was not with the same tainted blood as mans blood after the fall of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden.

The old testament says we are all like filthy rags every one of us.

Guest shiloh357
20 hours ago, No124get1952 said:

I think the term "hardwired" represents some semantics.

No, it is not semantics.  "Hardwired," in this context,  means that something is part of our design, as human beings.   We are not designed to sin.  If God designed us to sin, hardwired sin into us, then commands us not to do the very thing He designed and thus willed us to do, it creates a very incoherent theology about the nature of God.

The fact that we are born with a sin nature as the result of being born into Adam's race, doesn't equal being "hardwired" to sin.  It means that our sin nature is a perversion of our humanity, something God did not design or engineer into us.

According to Romans, "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God". All means all. That means new-born babies have sinned. As it says elsewhere, we are born into sin. While there is grace for those too young to understand their sin, nevertheless all have sinned. That means that none of us get a pass. As we grow older, we become aware that our choices can be obedience or disobedience. Disobedience leads us into sin. Obedience leads us away from sin and toward Jesus. However, we can become so practiced at sin that it becomes a stream of iniquity that we no longer have to "choose" to do...we have developed a propensity to sin. Further sin in this area leads to the development of a curse, most likely a generational one where we pass our sin nature in specific areas down to our children (Deut.5:9,10).

If I find someone that appears "hardwired" for sin, I assume I am dealing with a generational curse that the individual may not even be aware of.

Respectfully, there is no such thing as a generational curse.