JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

All the verses in the Bible that speak to the contrary are wrong... if you believe this to be true.

The fact of the matter is, we are hardwired to sin.

Lying, cheating, stealing, and lusting (in its many ways including homosexuality) are included in this package we call human nature.

To single out one as not in the origin of human kind is ridiculous.

They are in human nature and at the same time they ARE a choice.

Choosing to do nothing about them is a choice.

So it is all about choice BUT its is also about what we are born with to overcome!

It's called a sin nature. It is not how GOD made Adam, it is what happened to him and everyone of us to follow. But, there is a work-around. It is called repentance and acceptance of the Mercy and Grace of Christ given to us at the Cross, to those who will accept it. Then, we are able to overcome our sin nature, through repentance, again, which allows us to be in fellowship with GOD.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Indeed.

I am not trying to champion any one sin, certainly not homosexuality, but I believe singling out one sin like homosexuality has the reverse effect in winning their souls to Christ and allowing God to deal with their hearts and their sins the same way the Holy Spirit within US does.

Mishandling of several situations like the homosexual backlash and the prominence of the feminist movement are laid at the door stoop of the Church Organization. 

Missed opportunities / brow beating / you name it. They blew it. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

By one man sin entered the world by God's permission. Yes, we're born to disappoint God because we have a God made human nature. 

Guest shiloh357
On 7/9/2017 at 8:10 AM, JohnD said:

All the verses in the Bible that speak to the contrary are wrong... if you believe this to be true.

The fact of the matter is, we are hardwired to sin.

Lying, cheating, stealing, and lusting (in its many ways including homosexuality) are included in this package we call human nature.

To single out one as not in the origin of human kind is ridiculous.

They are in human nature and at the same time they ARE a choice.

Choosing to do nothing about them is a choice.

So it is all about choice BUT its is also about what we are born with to overcome!

No, we are not hardwired to sin. Human nature and the sinful nature are not the same thing.   Sin belongs to our sinful nature, not our human nature.   Jesus has a human nature and it is sinless, and He is truly human and truly God.   God is the only one who has the ability to design (hardwire) us and He did not hard wire us for sinning.

By design we are designed, hardwired by nature to worship and need God.   We are designed with needs that only He can meet.   The part of us that admires heroes, great works of art, athletic prowess, celebrities, etc., is the part of us that is designed (hardwired) to worship and adore God. 

Guest shiloh357
22 hours ago, JohnD said:

Indeed.

I am not trying to champion any one sin, certainly not homosexuality, but I believe singling out one sin like homosexuality has the reverse effect in winning their souls to Christ and allowing God to deal with their hearts and their sins the same way the Holy Spirit within US does.

Mishandling of several situations like the homosexual backlash and the prominence of the feminist movement are laid at the door stoop of the Church Organization. 

Just because we start a thread on a given sin, it doesn't mean we are "singling" it out as worse than other sins.   The problem is that many people, even those in the Church are trying to normalize it, to take the sinful component out of it, to make it a socially acceptable sin.    So it has to be dealt with on an individual basis due to the unique way it is viewed by the world and liberals in the Church.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

22 hours ago, JohnD said:

Indeed.

Man overthinks the simple .   I don't worry about what I am going to say.   THE SPIRIT always gives the words.

the thing is , by grace , I am wise enough to know that .   Men started this seeker friendly dung message. it was a sham.

JESUS , did he worry about what to say .  No.  HE just spoke truth, whoever heard amen , whoever did not, he did not chase after .

IN fact , let me show you something about this offending pc nature the church is accepting more and more about not offending.

JESUS, around thirty something ad.

LORD, LORD , did you not know that this saying OFFENDED them.

EVERY plant which my father has not planted shall be rooted up, LET THEM BE.

HE Did not run after and say OH no, wait sorry for offending ya, heres some coffee.

WE  have a major problem .  SO many speak by the minds of men, STEAD of letting the SPIRIT lead.

Hope this encourages you.   The more I learn JESUS sayings, the more I follow the SPIRIT ..............man its peace and joy and people

will hear truth.

Churches of today would run JESUS off and the apostles.

YE ADULTERERS and ADULTRESSES , DONT ya know friendship with the world is enmity with GOD.

james .   today say that to a church and you a hater who knows not love.

WOE unto thee chorazin woe unto thee...................say that today, and you are a hater.

They are the blind leading the blind ............say that today and you are judgemental  and a hater.

These are spots in your feast, trees without fruit twice dead..................jude, say that today you would be seen as judgmental hater.

IF I come I wont spare....................paul,  today........hater , hater evil , going to punish the church hater hater.

ARE we starting to see a problem yet.

Some have already turned aside after satan................today.....YOU CANT SAY THAT, you don't know their HEART

seeing a problem yet

TODAYS peoples would call jesus and the apostels haters.....................

haters.

I wont budge off my course.  I hate none. But the people are lost .

And I will do all by grace to correct ,encourage , warn , rebuke , just as the spirit leads me in every case.

AMEN>

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

THE SPIRIT always gives the words.

Yes, it does. Love that Holy Spirit.

JESUS , did he worry about what to say .  No.  HE just spoke truth, whoever heard amen , whoever did not, he did not chase after .

He spoke truth, what was directly of God, whoever heard amen, whoever did not, HE did not chase after. He even directed his disciples to not chase/force.

Paraphrasing: "Go out, bring them the word and if they do not accept it, leave and dust your sandals off."

EVERY plant which my father has not planted shall be rooted up, LET THEM BE.

HE Did not run after

He tells them leave it to God. God's Will, God's Judgement. GOD WILL KNOW HOW AND WHEN, HE WILL DEAL WITH THEM.

WE  have a major problem .  SO many speak by the minds of men, STEAD of letting the SPIRIT lead.

Reason for the divide. Some want to force feed doctrine, instead of just bringing it, and letting (God) The Holy Spirit lead.

4 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

The more I learn JESUS sayings, the more I follow the SPIRIT

YES!!!! JESUS sayings, direct infallible teachings. These will always connect with The Holy Spirit because they are of the same, GOD. 

That Trinity! Got to love it, literally.

Thank you!