1 John 4:8 God IS love.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

The Bible tells us that God is love. His nature is love. Which means that contrary to the accusations that God is responsible for the starvation of children, the disasters that wipe out lives and homes, the violence that permeates society, the Bible informs us that because God IS love, everything He does, or think, is rooted in love. If the God you believe in, even the God you don't believe in, is not a personification of love, then you are believing in a false God.

That being the case, the real God can be trusted. Do not doubt His motives in calling you to be converted. Don't leave Him at the door knocking. If you turn Him away, you are breaking His heart. It pains Him that His love is rejected, more so than it pains you when your love is spurned. It hurts doesn't it if you are seeking to start a relationship with someone, or make an existing relationship better, when people, despite your absolute best intentions, rebuke, abuse, ignore, or reject you. And your pain is directly proportional to the effort you invest into establishing it. Our heavenly Father invested His only Son...submitting Jesus to a life of service, and a cruel humiliating death all to give you the opportunity, the choice, to accept Him. 

Like any good father, husband, God wants only that which is best for you, only that which is for your good. He will never abuse you, hurt you, let you down, disappoint you, dishonor you, belittle you, or be unfaithful to you. Whatever your needs are, He will meet them. Whatever endangers you, He will remove. He will never take away that which is good for you, nor give you anything which will hurt.

He already knows all there is to know about you. All you've done, wherever you've been, and loves you anyway. In Him there is no condemnation, no shame, no embarrassment. Whatever debt you may feel you owe Him for whatever transgressions you may have committed, that debt is paid for. In full. There is no interest to be paid...no further deposits to be made...no more installments necessary to make up the price of your redemption. The Son of God has already paid the full price of your salvation in the name of His Father, therefore you are His. Wholly His, lock, stock, and barrel. Let Him now take charge of that which He has purchased with His own blood. Allow Him to take possession of that for which He paid the ultimate price, and begin a new life; an abundant life; a life free from condemnation, free from sin, addiction, worry, and fear.

Let today be the first day of eternity.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

John gets right to the point don't he.

If we don't love God, righteousness nor our brother..........we are in darkness.

In fact even if we say we love him or know him, yet walk the old life of darkness and sin, we don't know Him at all.

For Love desires none to perish...........but rather they repent and have faith in Christ.

Who we truly follow is where we will end up.  So let me leave us with another one of Johns sayings.

Little children if we say we abide in Him , WE WALK LIKE HE DID.

Remember if we have not charity, it straight up wont matter what we thought we knew

what we did, even if we gave our goods to the poor, even if we gave up our bodies , if we have not LOVE

we benefit nothing. FOR GOD is LOVE

and let us remember that love also does not rejoice in inquity , nor behave itself unseemingly. So let us make sure

its the LOVE that comes from GOD that we have on our hearts and not what the world THINKS is love.

For I have to warn now,

love don't leave one in error or sin..............no , it corrects, it chastens , AS GOd DOES ALL WHOM HE LOVES.

Rememeber the love that comes from GOD, does not behave itself unseemingly.  SO if any has any doubts on also

whether gay marriage is love.  Its not .   Romans one man with man working that which is unseemingly.  WE have to KNOW

we have the Real LOVE of GOD that AGAPE LOVE in us, for if not ........WE KNOW HIM NOT>

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

God LOVES ALL OF HUMANITY, NOT JUST BELIEVERS....

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 7/9/2017 at 9:41 AM, brakelite said:

The Bible tells us that God is love. His nature is love. Which means that contrary to the accusations that God is responsible for the starvation of children, the disasters that wipe out lives and homes, the violence that permeates society, the Bible informs us that because God IS love, everything He does, or think, is rooted in love. If the God you believe in, even the God you don't believe in, is not a personification of love, then you are believing in a false God.

That being the case, the real God can be trusted. Do not doubt His motives in calling you to be converted. Don't leave Him at the door knocking. If you turn Him away, you are breaking His heart. It pains Him that His love is rejected, more so than it pains you when your love is spurned. It hurts doesn't it if you are seeking to start a relationship with someone, or make an existing relationship better, when people, despite your absolute best intentions, rebuke, abuse, ignore, or reject you. And your pain is directly proportional to the effort you invest into establishing it. Our heavenly Father invested His only Son...submitting Jesus to a life of service, and a cruel humiliating death all to give you the opportunity, the choice, to accept Him. 

Like any good father, husband, God wants only that which is best for you, only that which is for your good. He will never abuse you, hurt you, let you down, disappoint you, dishonor you, belittle you, or be unfaithful to you. Whatever your needs are, He will meet them. Whatever endangers you, He will remove. He will never take away that which is good for you, nor give you anything which will hurt.

He already knows all there is to know about you. All you've done, wherever you've been, and loves you anyway. In Him there is no condemnation, no shame, no embarrassment. Whatever debt you may feel you owe Him for whatever transgressions you may have committed, that debt is paid for. In full. There is no interest to be paid...no further deposits to be made...no more installments necessary to make up the price of your redemption. The Son of God has already paid the full price of your salvation in the name of His Father, therefore you are His. Wholly His, lock, stock, and barrel. Let Him now take charge of that which He has purchased with His own blood. Allow Him to take possession of that for which He paid the ultimate price, and begin a new life; an abundant life; a life free from condemnation, free from sin, addiction, worry, and fear.

Let today be the first day of eternity.

A lovely post. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

9 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Before God is love, God is holy.

Can the perfect expression of one exist without the other?

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, brakelite said:

Can the perfect expression of one exist without the other?

Taht's beside the point.   God's chief attribute is not love; His chief attribute is holiness.  He holds all other attributes in holiness and perfection.

8 hours ago, Yowm said:

And like any loving father he will administer discipline when needed.

And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons? “My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by him. For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.” It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live? For they disciplined us for a short time as it seemed best to them, but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness. For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
(Heb 12:5-11)

God's people everywhere, of whatever denomination, are being prepared for the second coming. The invitations have been extended, some have refused, some undecided, some accepted. Those who have accepted are now being appropriately dressed, clothed in Christ's righteousness. Some reject the garment offered, some have hung it in the wardrobe until a later date, some have accepted it. Those who have accepted it need to change their lifestyles in order to fit it. Here is where the loving discipline you so correctly remind us of, comes in. Some reject it. Some are uncomfortable with some aspects of shedding the old addictions, traditions and habits, some refuse new light on old beliefs, some commit fully and surrender the bodies living sacrifices, holy and acceptable unto their Saviour.

When the bride is ready, fully dressed and without spot and blemish, the Bridegroom will come.

9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Taht's beside the point.   God's chief attribute is not love; His chief attribute is holiness.  He holds all other attributes in holiness and perfection.

Okay. Perhaps one day I may be motivated on starting a discussion on God's holiness. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, Yowm said:

And like any loving father he will administer discipline when needed.

And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons? “My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by him. For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.” It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live? For they disciplined us for a short time as it seemed best to them, but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness. For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
(Heb 12:5-11)

Those that think OSAS guys like me chose that belief system so I can go out and sin up a storm never get this.I am a free man in Christ..If I spit in Gods face and deliberately sin thinking “ ha ha  God can’t get me, I’m saved forever, I’ll do what I damn well please and watch me get away with it” . Does anybody out there really think God won’t chastise the Hell out of me?I know you can’t see love and gratitude toward what God has done for me  as a true motivation for living right, so can’t you at least see severe discipline being a sure motivator?Sorry if I got a bit off-topic, I get carried away sometimes.