• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Yowm said:

Those who reject it aren't God's people, are they?

Quite. After inspection the fella without the right wedding garment was tossed out on his ear.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
30 minutes ago, brakelite said:

Quite. After inspection the fella without the right wedding garment was tossed out on his ear.

How can someone be part of "God's people"  and at the same time reject the wedding garment?   That is not in tune with the parable.

1 hour ago, brakelite said:

KJV Matthew 22
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

How can someone be part of "God's people"  and at the same time reject the wedding garment?   That is not in tune with the parable.

You seem to manage to maintain such a concept with Israel. Despite rank apostasy and spiritual adultery you still believe them to be God's people right? Whose wedding garment are they wearing? Whose righteousness have they taken on. Christ's or their own? 

But i do get your drift, and I agree. Except one has the righteousness of Christ, despite professing to be saved, they are indeed lost.

That bloke in the parable had accepted the invitation, and was as good as already sitting down waiting to be served. But like tares, or the 5 virgins without enough oil, or even the antideluvians who ignored Noah's message, he was eventually locked out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
27 minutes ago, brakelite said:

You seem to manage to maintain such a concept with Israel. Despite rank apostasy and spiritual adultery you still believe them to be God's people right? 

In terms of God's chosen people, yes.  But "chosen" doesn't mean "saved."  It is not redemptive concept.  They are "chosen" to fulfill a prophetic role. 

That bloke in the parable had accepted the invitation, and was as good as already sitting down waiting to be served. But like tares, or the 5 virgins without enough oil, or even the antideluvians who ignored Noah's message, he was eventually locked out.

There is no comparison between those parables and the antedeluvians who ignored Noah's message.

What is the point of the parable of the wedding garment?

Edited by shiloh357

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

In terms of God's chosen people, yes.  But "chosen" doesn't mean "saved."  It is not redemptive concept.  They are "chosen" to fulfill a prophetic role. 

There is no comparison between those parables and the antedeluvians who ignored Noah's message.

What is the point of the parable of the wedding garment?

What is the point of the parable of the wedding garment

THE POINT IS NO JESUS NO ETERNAL LIFE and at the end ever lasting destruction .  the point of the parable IS    ,  you try coming in ANY other way ,

AINT GOING TO HAPPEN . 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Bro, I agree with everything you say here; but you may want to watch using words like "hell" unless we're talking about the place itself. That said, spot on!

Fiddle-dee-dee.......sorry if I offended you.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

On 7/9/2017 at 9:41 AM, brakelite said:

That being the case, the real God can be trusted. Do not doubt His motives in calling you to be converted. Don't leave Him at the door knocking. If you turn Him away, you are breaking His heart. It pains Him that His love is rejected, more so than it pains you when your love is spurned

What a beautiful thought and shared witness. THANK YOU!

While reading this I felt a pain of deep sorrow for those who for whatever reason have left the Catholic church.

Only the Catholic & Orthodox Churches HAVE Jesus alive and in Person: "Really, Truly and Substantially Present" in our churches and in Holy Communion testified to by FIVE different Catholic Authors of the New Testament; four of whom gave their lives as martyrs; {the 5th. John tried to  by was saved miraculously from being BOILED IN OIL}... So in a literal sense leaving the RCC is abandoning God.

Heb. 6: 2-6 

[2] Of the doctrine of baptisms, and imposition of hands, and of the resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. [3] And this will we do, if God permit. [4] For it is impossible for those who were once illuminated, have tasted also the heavenly gift, {Catholic Holy Communion}the powers of the world to come,

DOUAY BIBLE EXPLANATIONS>>>[1] "The word of the beginning": The first rudiments of the Christian doctrine.

[4] "It is impossible": The meaning is, that it is impossible for such as have fallen after baptism, to be again baptized; and very hard for such as have apostatized from the faith, after having received many graces, to return again to the happy state from which they fell.

[6] And are fallen away: to be renewed again to penance, crucifying again to themselves the Son of God, and making him a mockery. [7] For the earth that drinketh in the rain which cometh often upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is tilled, receiveth blessing from God. [8] But that which bringeth forth thorns and briers, is reprobate, and very near unto a curse, whose end is to be burnt."

May God guide their path back to Him,

Patrick

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

On 5/17/2018 at 1:09 PM, Patrick Miron said:

Only the Catholic & Orthodox Churches HAVE Jesus alive and in Person:

Joh 6:53  WEB Jesus therefore said to them, “Most certainly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you don’t have life in yourselves. Joh 6:54  He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. Joh 6:55  For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. Joh 6:56  He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood lives in me, and I in him.

Joh 6:60  Therefore many of his disciples, when they heard this, said, “This is a hard saying! Who can listen to it?” Joh 6:61  But Jesus knowing in himself that his disciples murmured at this, said to them, “Does this cause you to stumble? Joh 6:62  Then what if you would see the Son of Man ascending to where he was before?

Joh 6:63  It is the spirit who gives life. The flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and are life.

Jesus is saying that God's word produces life.   His flesh doesn't profit anything.  The Eucharist does nothing for you apart from God's word.  He dwells in the word, not in the elements.  

Your explanation of Hebrews is really poor exegesis.  It has nothing to do with falling away from the Catholic church.  It might have something to do with falling away from Christ.  The Catholic church is not Christ and has in fact fallen away from the teaching of the Bible; it corrupts its meaning to justify itself.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

Guest shiloh357
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:09 PM, Patrick Miron said:

Only the Catholic & Orthodox Churches HAVE Jesus alive and in Person:

This is false.  He lives within us who are Christians, who are born again by the Spirit of God.  

"Really, Truly and Substantially Present" in our churches and in Holy Communion testified to by FIVE different Catholic Authors of the New Testament; four of whom gave their lives as martyrs; {the 5th. John tried to  by was saved miraculously from being BOILED IN OIL}... So in a literal sense leaving the RCC is abandoning God.

Transubstantiation is a heresy.   Those who leave the RCC have left a Christ-less cult and have become authentic New Testament Christians.