LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I was at church this morning and it came up in the pastor sermon that anything that takes up your time takes time away from doing God's work. Then I thought to myself as I always do.  Well, everything you do takes up your time. Eating, sleeping, going to work. All of them things take up your time. Taking care of your family, mowing your lawn, cooking food takes up your time. Just how can one be expected to apply these words to their life? I think I understand what needs to be done. To me it is a balance of things. Putting God first in your life and not allowing other things to take away from your time with God or doing the work God calls you to do.  But it is never said that way in Sunday morning sermons. It is always said as all or nothing. Are you watching tv? Or are you spending time with God? Well why can't you do both? Why does it have to be one or the other? What is wrong with watching a few hrs of tv after your prayer and Bible reading time?  I know my fellow church members watch football cause that is all anyone ever talks about at pot lucks. Well now I am just ranting cause I don't know what else to say. Okay I'm done now. Thank You. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

It seems like everyone is very busy all the time.  Once a year or so, I like to look more closely at how I'm spending all my time each week.   Maybe I'm spending too much time reading internet news, answering forum posts, watching TV, or playing sports.  None of that is necessarily wrong, but once you see where all the time goes you may decide some things aren't as important as they seem and other things like family, bible study, and prayer need more attention.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

I think it ties in with idolatry. Whatever else your doing in life should not consume you so much that you weaken your connection with God. This can be anything from work, depression/thoughts, hobbies, errands, chores or overly doing "Religious works/helping others" that we don't take time to sit one on one with him. 

Some take wording to literally and miss the true point, intended meaning.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Interesting. 

How about the time spend on this forum? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,242
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Work, the best narcotic. Eat good. Sleep deep.Wake. Coffee, three cups. Conversation with God. Bacon- eggs.  Mini conversations with God. Chapter of Louis L'Amour, or two. Few daily devotions. Wood worker/Worthy  forum. More scripture to post. Scripture to look up. More work. Nap. Call friend. Eat. Build stuff for grand kids. Ck forums. TV/Netflix movie.  Date night w/wife. Saturday workday church. Talk scripture, discussion, with new members at workday. (Less work, more talk (: ) Sunday bible study,(Get filled up) Sheppard sermon, singing, sharing. Big nap. Walk woods. Chase cows. Biggie  nap. Get lazy, go to workshop, look at all honey do's, not done, leave shop, get more lazy, take rest of biggie nap.  TV, forum, Conversation with God, sleep.

I do not have a dedicated plan to study God's word, but somehow, I seem to be in the word throughout the day. I don't know Greek or Hebrew, and don't need to know all the debated issues on doctrine. I know what I need to know, to do what I need to do. God has given me enough tools to accomplish that what I believe he would have me do. I use the tools I have, and not let them go to waste. God does not want me to work for Him. God wants to do the work. Cool Huh...... He wants to work, through me.  If I "allow it"  Throughout the day, as best as I can, I try to have an awareness of God, and whatever I do, I try do do as,  unto the Lord. My work, my study, my laughing with my grand kids, having a nice meal of enchiladas with my wife of forty five years on date night, any and every thing being done, if done as unto the Lord, reveals the truth, or lack, of just how much I really love and honor my Lord, my Supreme Savior.   I have read real worship  is;  "we worship God with extravagant love and extreme submission" That sounds awesome.   But I like this one, simple:   "If ye love me, keep my commandments". If I obey, I show my love. My submission. I don't know if it pleases God when people like monks live like hermits and pray all day, every day. Is that real worship?  I've been blessed with a family, neat church, friends, and abilities to be a blessing to them. And a desire to talk to strangers about the good news. And I enjoy my conversations with God throughout the day. I suppose I'll be told this is not true worship. But it's my worship.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Well...make sure your doing God's work in everything you do....got a hobby? Something you enjoy doing? Anyway you can use that hobby to glorify Gods kingdom and spread His message?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I think maybe better wording could have been used. More like " Are you too busy to do God's work? Then maybe you need to address this?"  Something like that, cause everyone needs down time.