how much power does the Enemy have?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

This is not the whole question.  I have been undergoing attacks from the enemy for a while.  They are like arrows.  He puts a heavy, realistic, feeling over me, that seems true, telling me I'm going to hell.  

So how much power does he have?  And I won't be satisfied with an answer that undermines his power.  I am a normal active deep worshipping Christian.  Yet even in my closest moments with God, he will strike.  

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Satan doesn't have power over you, yet he will lie to you, try to discourage you, and do his best to cause you to turn from God.  That is why we read in Ephesians 6:10-20

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.  Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.  Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Added a Passage (George)

Luk 10:19  Behold, I give to you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the authority of the enemy. And nothing shall by any means hurt you. 
Luk 10:20  Yet do not rejoice in this, that the evil spirits are subject to you, rather rejoice because your names are written in Heaven. 

Edited by George

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

Onelight hit the nail on the head. Also;

James 4:7, Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

On 7/9/2017 at 7:07 PM, Tyler22 said:

This is not the whole question.  I have been undergoing attacks from the enemy for a while.  They are like arrows.  He puts a heavy, realistic, feeling over me, that seems true, telling me I'm going to hell.  

So how much power does he have?  And I won't be satisfied with an answer that undermines his power.  I am a normal active deep worshipping Christian.  Yet even in my closest moments with God, he will strike.  

To the heart of your question, how much power does Satan, the enemy, have? As much as God allows him. 

The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Satan answered the LORD, "From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking up and down on it." The LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man who fears God and turns away from evil. He still persists in his integrity, although you incited me against him, to destroy him for no reason." Then Satan answered the LORD, "Skin for skin! All that people have they will give to save their lives. But stretch out your hand now and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse you to your face." The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, he is in your power" (Job 2:2-6). 

Don Stewart :: What Is the Extent of Satan's Power?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I would also answer that he has as much power as we allow him.  When Jesus was tempted by satan in the wilderness, the enemy twisted and misused the Scriptures.  Jesus answered correctly with scriptures.  So it really helps to learn God's Word.   satan's power is much limited since Jesus defeated him through his resurrection.  Jesus conquered death so believers don't need to fear death, which was satan's biggest power.  His devices are to lie, accuse, deceive.   But Jesus sent to us His Holy Spirit our advocate, our lawyer, defending us.  As said, resist him and he will flee from you.  Also, God inhabits the praises of His people.  So when I am attacked I praise and worship God, thanking Him for all He has done for me and exalting His name.  No more enemy.

Remember that while he was an archangel, he is a created being like people and animals.  He is not a god.  But his desire is to be worshipped as a god.  So the less attention we pay to him the better.  He wants us to fear and obey him so he craves our attention.  We are to love and fear only our Creator, the Godhead.   We don't have to listen to him.  Jesus said "get behind me, satan! when Peter tried to dissuade Him from going to the cross.  We can say, May the Lord rebuke you!.  I usually say I don't have to listen to your lies! and go on with whatever I was doing.  The sooner we get our thoughts back on Jesus and God's love for us, the better.  

Someone said "If satan brings up your past (which God has forgiven and forgotten), you bring up his future!  (hell is reserved for the devil and his angels).  I like that.  Remember that satan is a defeated foe.  He received his death blow at the cross.  It was prophesied in Genesis that satan would bruise the heel of Jesus, but that Jesus would bruise his head.  To me that means a bruise on the brain, a deadly concussion.  

Heb 2:14 ESV Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil,  Heb 2:15 and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery.

1Pe 1:3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 1Pe 1:4  to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, 1Pe 1:5  who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 1Pe 1:6  In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 1Pe 1:7  so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 1Pe 1:8  Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, 1Pe 1:9  obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

18 hours ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

To the heart of your question, how much power does Satan, the enemy, have? As much as God allows him. 

The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Satan answered the LORD, "From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking up and down on it." The LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man who fears God and turns away from evil. He still persists in his integrity, although you incited me against him, to destroy him for no reason." Then Satan answered the LORD, "Skin for skin! All that people have they will give to save their lives. But stretch out your hand now and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse you to your face." The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, he is in your power" (Job 2:2-6). 

I really like Don Stewarts take on things. I especially like his studies on prophecy. 

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

KJV.

Job 2:2-6. v 2, And the LORD said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
    3, And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.
    4, And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.
    5, But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face.
    6, And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life. 

(KJV)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/9/2017 at 6:07 PM, Tyler22 said:

Plenty.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

God is undoubtedly infinitely more powerful, and more knowledgeable.

The enemy is taking advantage of the brief voids* in his sovereignty giving man limited sovereignty in order to make legitimate choices.

But God will never be overpowered or outmaneuvered by the enemy.

This ability to choose does leave us pretty vulnerable. But God is in control even then. Recall Job, how the enemy had to have God's permission to inflict harm on Job.

The greater good is served, but oh how it smarts when God allows us to endure what we are able... much as we can't believe it...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*void for lack of a better word for minute temporal periods or venues all still under God's authority. He gives man the ability to choose. That's all I am saying. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Luke 10:19 
 ‭Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.‭ 

Satan is a defeated foe. While he does have power, he can only exercise that power upon those who allow him to. 

However, he can certainly incite others to hurt you. But whatever pain or suffering you may have to endure in this life, know that your eternity is assured so long as you remain clinging to Jesus. The devil can never take that away from you.