Steve_K

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

A year ago today, my wife left me without warning. 

When she left, I was unable to take care of myself. She was my caregiver. But, when she left, I had to fend for myself. Had it not been for my mom and brother, I don't know if I'd still be here.

Some of you have accused me of not honoring my marriage vows. My wife spent 6 1/2 years lying to me, and when I needed her, she took off for Vegas to get back with her ex husband. She stole money from me to get there, spent many nights secretly online w/him, and committed adultery.  She also had the lights shut off in our apartment, since it was in her name.

Last week, she called me and had the nerve to ask me to get back together with her. How can I? There's no trust and I believe she'll do the same thing again.

I was completely faithful to her and honored my vows to the Lord and my wife.

I must forgive, but its going to be difficult to forget.

Edited by Steve_

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  7

Hey Steve,

I am sure that today is going to bring back both good and sad memories. 

I will be praying that you come up with a decision that you in your heart feel is right. Through both good and bad times, it is easier to handle the situation when we have a peace. 

Blessings :) 

Peace of God.jpg

6 hours ago, Annette said:

Hey Steve,

I am sure that today is going to bring back both good and sad memories. 

I will be praying that you come up with a decision that you in your heart feel is right. Through both good and bad times, it is easier to handle the situation when we have a peace. 

Blessings :) 

Peace of God.jpg

I've moved on. I have a new love and today should close the book on all of this, unless of course she calls again.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 hours ago, Steve_ said:

When she left, I was unable to take care of myself. She was my caregiver. But, when she left, I had to fend for myself. Had it not been for my mom and brother, I don't know if I'd still be here.

Some of you have accused me of not honoring my marriage vows. My wife spent 6 1/2 years lying to me, and when I needed her, she took off for Vegas to get back with her ex husband. She stole money from me to get there, spent many nights secretly online w/him, and committed adultery.  She also had the lights shut off in our apartment, since it was in her name.

Last week, she called me and had the nerve to ask me to get back together with her. How can I? There's no trust and I believe she'll do the same thing again.

Her ex WHO.    my advice DO NOT GO Back.

Unless her first husband cheated on her........yalls marriage was never recognized by Christ .

I am not here to hammer on anyone.  But JESUS sayings are my LIFE and I only want us all to LOVE HIS SAYINGS.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

9 hours ago, Steve_ said:

My advice ,don,t get back with her as it most likely will cause misery , it,s good to forgive but getting back together ? I wouldn,t do it,past behavior is future behavior..:( 

God Bless Steve!

7 hours ago, angels4u said:

My advice ,don,t get back with her as it most likely will cause misery , it,s good to forgive but getting back together ? I wouldn,t do it,past behavior is future behavior..:( 

God Bless Steve!

I agree Angels. Thanks GBU2

Edited by Steve_

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

11 hours ago, Steve_ said:

Steve,

3 decades ago I went through something very similar with my wife of the time.  She too left without warning and moved in with another man the night she left me.   Then for months after she would every now and thing bring up the idea of trying to get back together, then she would change her mind again.  She kept putting the divorce on hold with her lawyer.  It was not a fun time to live through.  

I was young and it was causing me all sorts of issues, even affecting my health.  My solution at the time was to join the Marine Corps, leave for bootcamp and ask to be stationed in Japan upon finishing my MOS school.   It was the best decision of my life outside of accepting Jesus.   

You have honored your vows to both the Lord and your wife.  I echo what the others have told you, walk away and do not look back.

7 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Steve,

3 decades ago I went through something very similar with my wife of the time.  She too left without warning and moved in with another man the night she left me.   Then for months after she would every now and thing bring up the idea of trying to get back together, then she would change her mind again.  She kept putting the divorce on hold with her lawyer.  It was not a fun time to live through.  

I was young and it was causing me all sorts of issues, even affecting my health.  My solution at the time was to join the Marine Corps, leave for bootcamp and ask to be stationed in Japan upon finishing my MOS school.   It was the best decision of my life outside of accepting Jesus.   

You have honored your vows to both the Lord and your wife.  I echo what the others have told you, walk away and do not look back.

Thanks Gator. I filed for divorce 2 weeks after she left.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

7 minutes ago, Steve_ said:

Thanks Gator. I filed for divorce 2 weeks after she left.

That was a wise choice.  I let it stay unresolved too long.  Though in a bit of poetic justice my ex-called me once she knew it was over and asked me to hurry up the divorce (after her stalling for 8 months) because she was pregnant and was marrying the guy she was with and wanted to have the wedding before she was showing.   If I had not been leaving for bootcamp I am not sure I would have hurried.