• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Eastern Star said:

I just have to clarify this out though. Judas took his own life... meaning he killed himself. I suppose since he killed himself, he died didn't he? What did you mean by Judas never died but he took his own life? Unless Judas is still alive after taking his own life? Irony..  "Died in his transgression or without repentance to what he has commited against the Lord is what I think sojourner was trying to point out too, as what you have explained.

You asked, What did you mean by Judas never died?

I meant he never died a natural death. Suicide is to murder one's self. Murder itself is sin. Suicide for different reasons such as sickness, mental illness, sever stress after rape or other such things are left in God's domain. But to wilfully commit suicide over sins committed negates any chance of repentance. I knew of a man who raped his little daughter for years until she came forward and reported this horror committed against her. He was reported to police, and just before he was arrested instead of facing his charges, and repenting, he ran away and when found some days later he had committed suicide.

Had he repented, of ''ALL" of his sins, including raping his daughter for years, God would have forgiven him, but rather than repent, face the music, and change his life around, he "MURDERED HIMSELF." Suicide, no chance of repentance after that.

Now on Judgment day, I'm sure his name will not be in God's book of life.

6 hours ago, simplejeff said:

It's not at all a debate.

The people who follow satan may kill themselves.

The people who follow Jesus do not kill themselves.

You are so right simplejeff. Suicide is murder, self murder, while of sound mind is worse than murdering another person. Why? One can repent of murder, Moses murdered an Egyptian, Kind David conspired to murder Uriah. Both were forgiven.

Self murder leaves no room for repentance.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

26 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

You are so right simplejeff. Suicide is murder, self murder, while of sound mind is worse than murdering another person. Why? One can repent of murder, Moses murdered an Egyptian, Kind David conspired to murder Uriah. Both were forgiven.

Oh Gee whiz, I wish I hadn't jumped off that cliff.....    God Please forgive me.        Splat....

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

John 10:10. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, kill and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.  

As of your question, I believe the devil tries to steal our joy. There is only one true judge and that's God. Only he knows  why people do the things they do and what is behind the situation.

I did some research and can not find anything. I'm still learning myself so I may be missing something. 

19 minutes ago, other one said:

Oh Gee whiz, I wish I hadn't jumped off that cliff.....    God Please forgive me.        Splat....

FYI, Capital letter, did you know Gee, is using Christs Name in vain?

Your response, Oh Gee whiz, I wish I hadn't jumped off that cliff.....    God Please forgive me.        Splat.... That's ridiculous. (Any Scriptures to support that thinking?) Now your playing games.

Its not recorded anywhere that Judas said God forgive me for hanging myself and then he hanged himself.

Acts 1:25, That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

Acts 1:18, Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out. No mention of Judas repenting before hanging himself?

Saul asked his armourbearer to kill him, he refused, so Saul killed himself. He thought about his actions, no mention of repentance before falling on his sword?

1 Chronicles 10:4, Then said Saul to his armourbearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through therewith; lest these uncircumcised come and abuse me. But his armourbearer would not; for he was sore afraid. So Saul took a sword, and fell upon it.

Saul was afraid to face the music, his enemies, he asked his armourbearer to kill him, he refused, so instead of repenting, Saul took what he thought was the easy way out, he killed himself.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

53 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

25 minutes ago, other one said:

who was referring to Judas.  I'm just disagreeing with your last statement....      I think it would be much better if we just let Jesus decide who is and isn't going to enter heaven....  neither you nor I have the authority or the inner knowledge of people to make that decision....

3 minutes ago, other one said:

who was referring to Judas.  I'm just disagreeing with your last statement....      I think it would be much better if we just let Jesus decide who is and isn't going to enter heaven....  neither you nor I have the authority or the inner knowledge of people to make that decision....

I'm not claiming any authority. I'm simply stating a Biblical fact.

Judas was to have leadership of one of the twelve tribes of Israel as the other apostles, instead, because he failed to repent and he hung himself Judas had his bishopric taken by another, "Mathias," and he had name removed from the book of life, not because of betraying Jesus, but because of not repenting as Peter did, who denied Christ three times before men. Instead of repenting of his sins Judas took his own life. Now that's a plain and simple to read and believe as any other scriptures in the Bible.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

6 hours ago, simplejeff said:

It's not at all a debate.

The people who follow satan may kill themselves.

The people who follow Jesus do not kill themselves.

Unfortunately, it is not as simple as that, simplejeff. Someone who commits suicide follow satan n those who do, do not.. ? *sometimes i really have to scratch my head with some of the responses i read*

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

You asked, What did you mean by Judas never died?

I meant he never died a natural death. Suicide is to murder one's self. Murder itself is sin.

(yup, but that was what sojourner was pointing out too).

Suicide for different reasons such as sickness, mental illness, sever stress after rape or other such things are left in God's domain.

(Smiles. So now you are wise enough to acknowledge this. )

But to wilfully commit suicide over sins committed negates any chance of repentance. I knew of a man who raped his little daughter for years until she came forward and reported this horror committed against her. He was reported to police, and just before he was arrested instead of facing his charges, and repenting, he ran away and when found some days later he had committed suicide.

(Nobody willfully commits suicide, it is often followed by certain depressing situation, the agony of facing things as it is... that pushes them to take their own lives, due to  the consequences of own sin or others. )

Had he repented, of ''ALL" of his sins, including raping his daughter for years, God would have forgiven him, but rather than repent, face the music, and change his life around, he "MURDERED HIMSELF." Suicide, no chance of repentance after that.

Now on Judgment day, I'm sure his name will not be in God's book of life.  

(Though his situation is clear, still God sees all things...all the other details..only God knows)

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:24 AM, Eastern Star said:

(Though his situation is clear, still God sees all things...all the other details..only God knows)

(Nobody willfully commits suicide, it is often followed by certain depressing situation, the agony of facing things as it is... that pushes them to take their own lives, due to  the consequences of own sin or others. )

God forgives all sins past when confessed. He cannot forgive self murder after the fact.