• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

38 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I have the ultimate respect for Judas, a man who was chosen by JESUS to be his disciple, and who believed with all his heart that Jesus was the CHRIST, who follow Jesus Christ for more than three years, living his family and not pursuing the need for a wife and children, just to be with Jesus when he would be Throned as the King of the Jews when he would defeat the Romans the way Moses defeated the great Faraw, not with an army but with the Power of God. 

That's what the Jews were expecting from JESUS and that what the other disciples also believe, if you follow their demands to JESUS CHRIST from them and their families, you will see that they hold to those beliefs for some time pass the resurrection. 

We have to see Judas within that context to do justice to him and correctly evaluate his motivation and his actions. 

During the last Supper JESUS did something that guided Judas in what he did. 

In a way he sent Judas on a mission. 

Judas having been with Jesus for some time, he knew that his thoughts and his plans or perhaps the plan that he had conceived in his mind, were not hidden from JESUS CHRIST. 

And his plan was not a spotanius plan, but was something that he had very careful though and plan. 

So Judas must have perceived that JESUS knowing his plans, and Jesus sure did, but what convince Judas that Jesus was in agreement with him, was the fact that he never reproved him, thus reiforsing the belief in Judas that Jesus was the one who have planted in him the seed of his proactive plan, for him to be an instrument, that will end with Jesus reveiling himself as the King of the Jews the annoyted Messaia and the preist and the leaders will believe in him, and bow down to him and worship JESUS in front of all the people. 

And Judas been the one who had the plan of how it will be done, he hoped that he whould be exaulted with great honor. 

Even at the supper JESUS who knew his plans the only one, he did not exposed him and try to stop him, but in stand he gave him the go ahead, that he was in agreement with what Judas was thinking and even endorsed the time for him was right for Judas to do what he plan to do. 

JESUS gave him his blessings, and Judas got up from the table with full assurance in his heart, that when the Jews will try to hurt Jesus , that very time it will be for JESUS to reveal himself as the CHRIST the King of the Jews. 

This is something to ponder about. 

And see if you dicide to complete what follow up. 

Whether the devil wanted Jesus Christ to be betrayed according to the scriptures or God wanted JESUS CHRIST to be betrayed and fullfilled the scriptures and the devil would try to do anything in his power to stop this from happening. 

The Holy Spirit through Luke records that Judas "by transgression fell" (Acts 1:15-25). He not only had a moral fall but sin caused it.

Judas was not always a "devil" and a "thief." He became both after he had been saved for some time. His weakness was the love of money and this caused his fall (John12:6; Luke 22:5;; Matt. 26:14-16). If he had refused to be the treasurer of the first Christian disciples and had frankly told them that money was his weakness, he would have been better off.

Judas had seen Christ escape the mob many times and he had no doubt that the Lord would escape again and he, Judas would be better $19.20 to the good. It was not until the end of Christs ministry that Judas began to pilfer and to grow cold in his love for Christ.

It was not until the last supper that the devil entered into him; that is become united with him in the same crime. It was two days before the Passover that he put into the heart of Judas to go to the enemies of Jesus to betray Him into their hands (Matt:26:1-5; John 13:2). It was at this very time that he openly broke with Christ and sought opportunity to betray Him.

He could have been forgiven as much as any of the others who cursed and denied Christ, and fled. But being of the disposition to do so, he brooded over his fall and yielded to temptation to commit suicide.

Judas is a specific example of a New Testament man who was once saved and in God's favour or grace, but who lost his salvation and went to Hell because of sin (Matt. 25:24; Acts 1:16-25). Jesus Himself acknowledged to the Father that of those whom the Father had given Him Judas was the only one whom He had lost (John 17:12).

Christ could not have lost Judas if He never had him to lose. Jesus further testified that to very one (including Judas) that the Father had given Him, He had given eternal life (John 17:2). Judas had this eternal life as much as the others, but he became "lost" alter and "by transgression fell" (Acts 1:25).

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

The Holy Spirit through Luke records that Judas "by transgression fell" (Acts 1:15-25). He not only had a moral fall but sin caused it.

Judas was not always a "devil" and a "thief." He became both after he had been saved for some time. His weakness was the love of money and this caused his fall (John12:6; Luke 22:5;; Matt. 26:14-16). If he had refused to be the treasurer of the first Christian disciples and had frankly told them that money was his weakness, he would have been better off.

Judas had seen Christ escape the mob many times and he had no doubt that the Lord would escape again and he, Judas would be better $19.20 to the good. It was not until the end of Christs ministry that Judas began to pilfer and to grow cold in his love for Christ.

It was not until the last supper that the devil entered into him; that is become united with him in the same crime. It was two days before the Passover that he put into the heart of Judas to go to the enemies of Jesus to betray Him into their hands (Matt:26:1-5; John 13:2). It was at this very time that he openly broke with Christ and sought opportunity to betray Him.

He could have been forgiven as much as any of the others who cursed and denied Christ, and fled. But being of the disposition to do so, he brooded over his fall and yielded to temptation to commit suicide.

Judas is a specific example of a New Testament man who was once saved and in God's favour or grace, but who lost his salvation and went to Hell because of sin (Matt. 25:24; Acts 1:16-25). Jesus Himself acknowledged to the Father that of those whom the Father had given Him Judas was the only one whom He had lost (John 17:12).

Christ could not have lost Judas if He never had him to lose. Jesus further testified that to very one (including Judas) that the Father had given Him, He had given eternal life (John 17:2). Judas had this eternal life as much as the others, but he became "lost" alter and "by transgression fell" (Acts 1:25).

Judas was NEVER saved.  The father draws and gives to Christ. The Father never drew Judas.

Judas was never a true Christian. Therefore, he never lost his salvation. But, some believe since he was a disciple and chosen by Jesus, then he had to have been a true believer. However, we find that is not the case. Let's take a look at what Jesus said.

John 6:64-65, "But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him. 65 And He was saying, “For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me, unless it has been granted him from the Father.” ( The Father NEVER gave judas to Christ)

We can see from the words of Christ that he knew who it was who would betray him, and he associates him with those who did not believe from the beginning. This means that Judas never was a true believer in Christ. Of course, we know that he believed Jesus lived since he walked and talked with him. Judas did not believe that Jesus was who he said he was, God in flesh (John 8:24, 58; 10:30-33). He did not affirm the true Messiah-hood of Christ.

Furthermore, we can learn from two things Jesus said that it is not possible to lose one's salvation. Let's take a look.

• John 8:29, “And He who sent Me is with Me; He has not left Me alone, for I ALWAYS DO THE THINGS THAT ARE PLEASING TO HIM.”
  • John 6:39, “And THIS IS THE WILL OF HIM WHO SENT ME, THAT OF ALL THAT HE HAS GIVEN ME, I LOSE NOTHING, but raise it up on the last day.”

We can clearly see that Jesus always does the will of the Father (John 8:29). Jesus also said, in John 8:39, that he always does the will of the Father which is that Jesus lose none, and those who are given to Jesus will be raised (to glory). So, it cannot be that anyone loses his salvation because that would mean Jesus lost someone. 

Those who are truly saved cannot lose their salvation. We can conclude that Judas was never saved from what Jesus said in John 6:64-65, as well as other verses about our security in him.

Judas was never a true Christian. Therefore, he never lost his salvation. But, some believe since he was a disciple and chosen by Jesus, then he had to have been a true believer. However, we find that is not the case. Let's take a look at what Jesus said.

John 6:64-65, "But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him. 65 And He was saying, “For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me, unless it has been granted him from the Father.”

We can see from the words of Christ that he knew who it was who would betray him, and he associates him with those who did not believe from the beginning. This means that Judas never was a true believer in Christ. Of course, we know that he believed Jesus lived since he walked and talked with him. Judas did not believe that Jesus was who he said he was, God in flesh (John 8:24, 58; 10:30-33). He did not affirm the true Messiah-hood of Christ.

Furthermore, we can learn from two things Jesus said that it is not possible to lose one's salvation. Let's take a look.

• John 8:29, “And He who sent Me is with Me; He has not left Me alone, for I ALWAYS DO THE THINGS THAT ARE PLEASING TO HIM.”
  • John 6:39, “And THIS IS THE WILL OF HIM WHO SENT ME, THAT OF ALL THAT HE HAS GIVEN ME, I LOSE NOTHING, but raise it up on the last day.”

We can clearly see that Jesus always does the will of the Father (John 8:29). Jesus also said, in John 8:39, that he always does the will of the Father which is that Jesus lose none, and those who are given to Jesus will be raised (to glory). So, it cannot be that anyone loses his salvation because that would mean Jesus lost someone. 

Those who are truly saved cannot lose their salvation. We can conclude that Judas was never saved from what Jesus said in John 6:64-65, as well as other verses about our security in him.

Carm.org

Blessings :)

15 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Judas was NEVER saved.  The father draws and gives to Christ. The Father never drew Judas.

John 6:64-65, "But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him. 65 And He was saying, “For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me, unless it has been granted him from the Father.” ( The Father NEVER gave judas to Christ)

John 6:64-65, "But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him. 65 And He was saying, “For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me, unless it has been granted him from the Father.”

Carm.org

Judas was a saved man, he had his name written in God's book of life. It was removed after he "by transgression fell." He must have been saved for his name to have been in God's book of the living.

He was to have his habitation desolate and be blotted out of the book of the living (Ps. 69:25-28 with Acts 1:20), and he was to have "another take his place" in the Christian ministry and in the kingship over one of the tribes of Israel (Ps. 109:8).

These passages were fulfilled in Judas according to Matt.26:24; John 13:18; Acts 1:16-25.

Christ could not have lost Judas as He said He did, if He never had him to lose in the first place. If Judas was lost, unsaved, never saved as you believe, why did Christ say, Father of all those you gave me, I lost but one?

Christ could not have lost Judas if He never had him to lose. Jesus further testified that to very one (including Judas) that the Father had given Him, He had given eternal life (John 17:2).

Judas had this eternal life as much as the others, but he became "lost," and "by transgression fell" (Acts 1:25).

In Matt 10 we have the facts recorded that Judas as one of the "twelve disciples" received power over demons, sickness and disease and a call to preach the gospel. Of these twelve (Judas included) it is said that Christ gave them power and sent them forth, and commanded them to preach, and to heal the sick. Christ said to Judas and all the twelve, "freely ye have received, freely give. . . . I send you forth as sheep . . . it shall not be ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you" (Matt. 10:1-20. These statements prove that Judas was once a chosen and genuine apostle. In Mark 6:7-13 we read that the twelve (Judas included) went "forth two by two . . . and preached that men should repent. And they (Judas included) cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick and healed them.

1 hour ago, Teditis said:

Judas Iscariot was never saved... you'd have to have a weak grasp of the Bible to think that.

Why do you ignore plain Scripture which says, Judas, "by transgression fell" and his name was blotted out of the book of the living? How could his name be in the book of the living if he was never saved?

If I have a weak grasp of the Bible, what can one say about your understanding of the plainly worded Scriptures?

He had his place in the kingship over one of the tribes of Israel taken by another;  Acts 1:20, For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take. 

Christ had twelve apostles, Judas being one of the twelve, he by transgression fell, then there were eleven. Matthias by lots cast by the apostles, took his place, then there were twelve again. My 7 year old grandson gets it, its that simple to understand and believe.

Acts 1:25-26, That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.
    v. 26, And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

Judas was a saved man, he had his name written in God's book of life. It was removed after he "by transgression fell." He must have been saved for his name to have been in God's book of the living.

He was to have his habitation desolate and be blotted out of the book of the living (Ps. 69:25-28 with Acts 1:20), and he was to have "another take his place" in the Christian ministry and in the kingship over one of the tribes of Israel (Ps. 109:8).

God has never ever created any person to be destined to eternal punishment in Hell. To believe Judas was never saved is saying God created him, never saved or never to be saved, for no other reason than to betray Christ and upon Judas's death, be it by natural causes, suicide, or any other cause he is destined to eternal suffering in Hellfire simply to fulfil His plan. Christ died for everyone, including Judas, "who by transgression fell." All Judas had to do was like Peter and the other apostles who fled, Pete denying Christ three times before men, was to repent. Sadly, he hung himself. Self murder. That's why his name was removed from God's book.

Peter's sin in denying Christ three times before men deserved this;

Matt. 10:33, But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Peter repented in tears. Judas who was just as much saved as Peter was, "by transgression fell" and betrayed Christ, he never repented.

1 Timothy 2: 3-4, For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
V. 4, Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

That includes Judas. Judas was not created to be lost forever.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

50 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Why do you ignore plain Scripture which says, Judas, "by transgression fell" and his name was blotted out of the book of the living? How could his name be in the book of the living if he was never saved?

If I have a weak grasp of the Bible, what can one say about your understanding of the plainly worded Scriptures?

He had his place in the kingship over one of the tribes of Israel taken by another;  Acts 1:20, For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take. 

Christ had twelve apostles, Judas being one of the twelve, he by transgression fell, then there were eleven. Matthias by lots cast by the apostles, took his place, then there were twelve again. My 7 year old grandson gets it, its that simple to understand and believe.

Acts 1:25-26, That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.
    v. 26, And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

God has never ever created any person to be destined to eternal punishment in Hell. To believe Judas was never saved is saying God created him, never saved or never to be saved, for no other reason than to betray Christ and upon Judas's death, be it by natural causes, suicide, or any other cause he is destined to eternal suffering in Hellfire simply to fulfil His plan. Christ died for everyone, including Judas, "who by transgression fell." All Judas had to do was like Peter and the other apostles who fled, Pete denying Christ three times before men, was to repent. Sadly, he hung himself. Self murder. That's why his name was removed from God's book.

Peter's sin in denying Christ three times before men deserved this;

Matt. 10:33, But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Peter repented in tears. Judas who was just as much saved as Peter was, "by transgression fell" and betrayed Christ, he never repented.

I am not sure what you actually mean when say this one is Saved and this is not Saved. 

I need to ask this question so we can go on from there. 

I want to bring to your attention that on my account, and I don't copy and paste from anyone, so I can carry on a conversation. 

To me to be Saved it has a very simple meaning, it means when someone is under the blood of Jesus Christ. 

I am not going to elaborate about it right now, but eventually I will. 

So as in the case of JESUS when he was talking to Nicodemus, he explained to him, that nothing can be accomplished, and no one can be received from the Spirit of God, unless he first see the Son of Man hang on the Cross, and then believe in him. 

JESUS was saying to him, many believe in me that I am the CHRIST, and you are one of them. 

But when they see me, crusified they will say, the CHRIST should live forever and never die. 

And he JESUS died so he is not the one we thought and believe he was "the CHRIST, the Son of David", 

JESUS told Nicodemus, that when he see him on the Cross dead, and someone asks him, 

Do you believe that he jesus is the CHRIST, the way that JESUS was dead on the Cross,

JESUS said to Nicodemus that he will say "not anymore", and I explained the reason why. 

Just like Nicodemus, so it was also for all of the disciples of Jesus Christ, 

At the time of JESUS Death, they all believed that they don't understand why, but all of them they stopped believing that JESUS was the CHRIST, they all denied him . 

In any case , JESUS had to die first, and the disciples believed in him each and everyone in their time after the resurrection when JESUS CHRIST appeared to them. 

There is more to say and I will do that, as we go along. 

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

These passages were fulfilled in Judas according to Matt.26:24; John 13:18; Acts 1:16-25.

Christ could not have lost Judas as He said He did, if He never had him to lose in the first place. If Judas was lost, unsaved, never saved as you believe, why did Christ say, Father of all those you gave me, I lost but one?

Christ could not have lost Judas if He never had him to lose. Jesus further testified that to very one (including Judas) that the Father had given Him, He had given eternal life (John 17:2).

Judas had this eternal life as much as the others, but he became "lost," and "by transgression fell" (Acts 1:25).

In Matt 10 we have the facts recorded that Judas as one of the "twelve disciples" received power over demons, sickness and disease and a call to preach the gospel. Of these twelve (Judas included) it is said that Christ gave them power and sent them forth, and commanded them to preach, and to heal the sick. Christ said to Judas and all the twelve, "freely ye have received, freely give. . . . I send you forth as sheep . . . it shall not be ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you" (Matt. 10:1-20. These statements prove that Judas was once a chosen and genuine apostle. In Mark 6:7-13 we read that the twelve (Judas included) went "forth two by two . . . and preached that men should repent. And they (Judas included) cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick and healed them.

I gave you scripture and you come back that he was written in the book?!  Scripture NEVER states that!  Were you scrambling on google to come up with something so you went with those from psalms 69 and acts 1 .LOL

You cannot argue with scripture. Judas was not saved. Christ doesnt lose anyone that  his Father gives him! ZERO! 

39And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that I shall lose none of all those He has given Me, but raise them up at the last day.

How do you reason with this?  ^and this?

John 10: My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me. 28I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand. 29My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all. No one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand.…

Jesus doesnt lie.  NO WAY. He doesnt have double standards. 

Furthermore,

Judas was the only one out of all the disciples that called Jesus teacher. The others called Jesus Lord or master . Judas was not ENLIGHTENED by the spirit. That is a hint as to how Judas saw Jesus. He was never saved. The Father draws and he didnt draw Judas. EVER.Judas was created for destruction! Jesus was truly God and truly man. He knew from the  beginning that Judas would not ever be saved.

There is alot in this link to consider in case you are interested in learning.

http://www.letusreason.org/Doct48.htm

2 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I am not sure what you actually mean when say this one is Saved and this is not Saved. 

I need to ask this question so we can go on from there. 

I want to bring to your attention that on my account, and I don't copy and paste from anyone, so I can carry on a conversation. 

To me to be Saved it has a very simple meaning, it means when someone is under the blood of Jesus Christ. 

I am not going to elaborate about it right now, but eventually I will. 

So as in the case of JESUS when he was talking to Nicodemus, he explained to him, that nothing can be accomplished, and no one can be received from the Spirit of God, unless he first see the Son of Man hang on the Cross, and then believe in him. 

JESUS was saying to him, many believe in me that I am the CHRIST, and you are one of them. 

But when they see me, crusified they will say, the CHRIST should live forever and never die. 

And he JESUS died so he is not the one we thought and believe he was "the CHRIST, the Son of David", 

JESUS told Nicodemus, that when he see him on the Cross dead, and someone asks him, 

Do you believe that he jesus is the CHRIST, the way that JESUS was dead on the Cross,

JESUS said to Nicodemus that he will say "not anymore", and I explained the reason why. 

Just like Nicodemus, so it was also for all of the disciples of Jesus Christ, 

At the time of JESUS Death, they all believed that they don't understand why, but all of them they stopped believing that JESUS was the CHRIST, they all denied him . 

In any case , JESUS had to die first, and the disciples believed in him each and everyone in their time after the resurrection when JESUS CHRIST appeared to them. 

There is more to say and I will do that, as we go along. 

Before you continue, remember many even in the Old testament times were saved, long before Jesus even came to the Earth. Abraham, Moses, King David, Elijah, Elisha, to name just a few.

4 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I gave you scripture and you come back that he was written in the book?!  Scripture NEVER states that!  Were you scrambling on google to come up with something so you went with those from psalms 69 and acts 1 .LOL

You cannot argue with scripture. Judas was not saved. Christ doesnt lose anyone that  his Father gives him! ZERO! 

39And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that I shall lose none of all those He has given Me, but raise them up at the last day.

How do you reason with this?  ^and this?

John 10: My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me. 28I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand. 29My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all. No one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand.…

Jesus doesnt lie.  NO WAY. He doesnt have double standards. 

Furthermore,

Judas was the only one out of all the disciples that called Jesus teacher. The others called Jesus Lord or master . Judas was not ENLIGHTENED by the spirit. That is a hint as to how Judas saw Jesus. He was never saved. The Father draws and he didnt draw Judas. EVER.Judas was created for destruction! Jesus was truly God and truly man. He knew from the  beginning that Judas would not ever be saved.

There is alot in this link to consider in case you are interested in learning.

http://www.letusreason.org/Doct48.htm

Sorry, I don't google anything, I quote the Bible.

You wrote,

John 17:12, While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Jesus lost Judas because he failed to repent, Matthias took his place.

Just now, HAZARD said:

Sorry, I don't google anything, I quote the Bible.

You wrote,

John 17:12, While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Jesus lost Judas because he failed to repent, Matthias took his place.

First off, An apostle is one whom witnessed Jesus death. Judas was already dead. He never attained that status because he was never saved and apart of them.

I gave you clear scripture. I guess you just want to be right in your own eyes and not biblically correct.

Is a son of perdition a child of God? smh......